techno music and hockey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
around about the early to mid 90's hockey became cool all across the united states.
at the same time, unfortunately, techno music was probably as popular as it ever was.
the two became mixed together. this was mostly due to the nhl selling itself.

but now whenever i see hockey highlight videos, which are, imo, annoying in and of themselves(and yes i am a huge hockey fan), i am further annoyed because of the presence of the ubiquitous techno music.
whenever i hear techno music, i see hockey highlights.
heck, the toronto maple leafs(god's gift to us) still use techno extensively in stadium during games and on broadcasts.
what's up with that?

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

my answer to techno -> the chicago blackhawks organ.

it's the way hockey should sound!

------------------
boofoobudoobie

Originally posted by kobayashi:

heck, the toronto maple leafs(god's gift to us) still use techno extensively in stadium during games and on broadcasts.
what's up with that?

they're canadian, what else is there to say?
wink.gif

------------------
The numeral 7

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 11-21-2001).]

Well, this is a little irrelevant, but last night my dad was watching the St Louis-Edmonton game, and they were playing some song which sounded familiar and I realized it was the Q & S remix of Beautiful Day!

Cool!!

------------------
You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice

Back
Top Bottom