tech question--PDAs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
does anyone have any experience with a Palm device...inputting data with the keyboard that can be plugged into them?
is it good? can you see what you're typing?

i'm thinking full laptop for 1000+ but i can get a refurb palm 5 for 150 CDN of course and think that might be good enough...

any help would be appreciated:)

My mind is in the gutter

I thought this thread was going to be about public displays of affection.

My dad got a Palm V back in December when they dropped to USD $150, and I've used it a bit. I haven't had any problem with seeing what I'm typing, and if its too dark or whatever the backlight works just fine. I actually prefer to use the Graffiti method for inputting data, but there's not any problem with using the keyboard.

Overall, I like it plenty. One of my friends got a Sony Clie, while another has an iPaq.... but they don't ever seem to use the extra fuctionality. I personally think a Palm V is fine for 90% of the people out there.

Sicy said:
I thought this thread was going to be about public displays of affection.

Me too. I was ready to come in here and go off on a tangent.

Now I'm sad.

Isn't tangent a math term?

Now I'm sadder.

meegannie said:
Isn't tangent a math term?

don't be sad. find solace in happy math
circle-ttr.gif

thank you for replies. sensible and otherwise;)

hi kobe.

i like replying to kobe's threads even when i have nothing to say. which is 99% of the time.

no dress rehearsal: this is our life. hi screaming flower

Screaming Flower said:
i like replying to kobe's threads even when i have nothing to say. which is 99% of the time.

01.jpg

i am 99% this, the m130 if anyone cares, is my new best friend:yes:
perhaps i will purchase it tommorow:huh: it doesn't really matter i guess.

i know no children. litterally i speak to no kids in my daily life.
is that going to hurt me years from now?

i must be a nerd

lol. My first thought was that kobesan was asking for input on a handheld device. Apparently I am far too practical and work in computers far too much to make the other connection. :huh:

I got a Palm last month, and it's quite handy.

I myself have never used the attachable keyboard, but I know people who have, and they've never complained. I generally use the Graffiti method - and occasionally the on-screen keyboard - and I've had no trouble with either.

If I may make two suggestions:

1) You can get a cable to link between your Palm and a PC (and the appropriate software), and I highly recommend doing so - either getting it with the Palm pilot or with a separate package. It allows you to type info on your PC and transfer it to your Palm; equally important, it also allows you to use your PC as a backup for your Palm pilot.

2) Get a case to protect the Palm, just in case. :)

math is evil

kobayashi said:
don't be sad. find solace in happy math
No math is happy :tsk: ...math is scary.

As for your question, apparently a lot of people in my roommate's law school class use the attachable keyboards...I'm guessing it must work for them since it's a pretty typical thing there... :slant:

Back
Top Bottom