tears for fears appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babyman

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
the duo is back again! after 15 years orzabal and smith got back together with everybody loves a happy ending. i still remind songs like shout, woman in chains, sowing the seeds of love and more more others. i think they're very good, what do you think?

Not many better songs for driving in your car than Everbody Wants to Rule the World. :up: :yes: Hope their new work is as inspired as their 80's stuff.

I had a period a few months back where all I wanted to do was listen to "Everybody Wants To Rule The World"...that really is a great, great song. I have a memory of being 2 or 3 years old and being at my grandma's house one day, and she had the radio on, and that song was playing. That's the earliest memory I have of hearing that song.

I was also rocking out to "Shout" the other night. That's still possibly one of the coolest songs I've ever heard. And "Head Over Heels", "Sowing The Seeds Of Love"...all good.

I've heard a few songs from their most recent album, too...very interesting stuff-not too bad. Love "Call Me Mellow".

Angela

Break It Down Again is ace - 'Moses on a motorbike' - fantastic.

I used to live in Bath, where TFF are from. Spent 3 years there. I remember that whenever I got really atressed out during my A-levels, I'd go and sit by my window, looking out over the city, listening to TFF. Bliss. Scary fact is that this was 10 years ago!

I lived in a hostel in Bath for a while. One of the staff members there, Ian, went to school with Roland Orzabal at Culverhay. Ian was a member of their original band, Graduate... he chucked it in to go and train to be a social worker!!! His mistake! He was always banging on about it.

Zootlesque said:
That reminds me. There is a beautiful version of Mad World in the movie Donnie Darko.

Yes, by Gary Jules.
It was number 1 here. I prefer the original!

sallycinnamon78 said:
Break It Down Again is ace - 'Moses on a motorbike' - fantastic.

I used to live in Bath, where TFF are from. Spent 3 years there. I remember that whenever I got really atressed out during my A-levels, I'd go and sit by my window, looking out over the city, listening to TFF. Bliss. Scary fact is that this was 10 years ago!

I lived in a hostel in Bath for a while. One of the staff members there, Ian, went to school with Roland Orzabal at Culverhay. Ian was a member of their original band, Graduate... he chucked it in to go and train to be a social worker!!! His mistake! He was always banging on about it.

Ah.. so you know an almost-became-a-TFF-ite. :wink:

AcrobatMan said:
I seem to like all British pop and rock bands :drool:

British pop and rock bands rule :yes: :D.

Also, sally, wow, that's a cool story about the staff member who was in Graduate :). How come so many people out there have such cool stories of knowing someone who used to be in a band or is in a band or whatever, and I don't have squat in the way of stories like that? Hmph.

Angela

MsMofoGone said:
Pale Shelter (from The Hurting LP) :drool:
The Working Hour (from Songs From The Big Chair LP) :yes:
Fish Out Of Water (from Elemental LP) :heart:

That's another thing... as Bath is a fairly small place, it's a suffocatingly close knit community. Which meant that I went to college with the kid pictured on the cover of The Hurting. :yes:

I LOVE Tears Roll Down (Laid So Low) - amazing song.

ive been listening to who killed tangerine a lot lately :drool:

probably because its in espn commercials for baseball and it gets me pumped up

but great song

Back
Top Bottom