Teach me how to flirt with girls - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2004, 04:47 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:29 PM
wink Teach me how to flirt with girls

Not online but real time.

1) Flirt to female strangers
2) Flirt to female colleagues

etc etc

Anyone

Old 10-16-2004, 05:33 AM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 07:29 AM
teach me how to do it, show me how to dance............

Old 10-16-2004, 06:46 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:29 PM
Go Acrobat Go!

You just go up to them and talk to them. That´s the simple way.

The complicated way is: first she has to invite you with her eyes to go up and talk to her. When you catch her looking at you twice, and probably turning away when you look back at her, that´s an invitation - it only isn´t if you can realize from her body language that she doesn´t like you, meaning if she turns away kinda "disgusted" and talks to another man. If her eyes are inviting you, you are invited. That doesn´t mean she stares at you.

It depends what of all your positive sides you wanna show her. You´re a good looking man, so there´s no need to buy her a drink. In fact, beware of buying drinks for girls in a bar. It´s different if you meet her on the street, at work, in a museum or whatever. Then you can ask her if you can take her for a coffee. And this one you pay. Because it´s your first date with that person, and at a first date the man pays. But like I said, if you meet her in a bar, it´s not your first date yet. So you engage in some nice conversation. Which ultimately leads to you asking her out.

Tell interesting things about yourself, but not too much. Listen what she has to say. Ask her questions aso that she sees you´re interested in her. A little compliment from time to time doesn´t hurt. Make a specialized compliment like" nice jewels" or "mmh your perfume smells like a flower" (use that one to get near to hear neck and smell) or, in case of a punk/ gothic girl "nice piercing, where did you get it?"... "isn´t that dangerous?" etc. etc.

Anyway, if you play it like me, don´t ask her questions. Let her come to you, let her do the work, take a little of distance in between. Thats a secret female trick, mind you! You know that situation when you´re talking to a girl and she says "oh, it was nice talking to you, but now I gotta go-oooo" - I´ll tell you what, the person who is left at the table alone, in most cases it´s the man, will feel a little sorry. Just a little, in the sense of "oh now I talked to this beautiful lady, and now she´s gone, and I am here alone, hmm nice girl.. what a pity she had to go so soon".

Turn the table. You take a little distance. When you´ve been talking with her for 20 minutes, or talked and danced for an hour, you are the one to say "Oh I gotta go... I´m so sorry.. it was nice meeting you, listen give me your phone number" - then when you got her phone no., you walk away, and maybe she will feel sorry - just a little though. That´s good for you, because she will want to meet you another time. And you will give her that possibility by actively calling her, asking her when she has time. Only call her once, though. if she doesn´t have time, skip it and go for the next one. If you wanna lay it hot, tell her you really fell in love with her.

But for the distance-taking trick you have to know the ropes... she has to stay interested in you, you know. Just start the simple way: just go up to them and talk to them.

Old 10-16-2004, 08:12 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:29 PM
just do this

don't do this

Old 10-16-2004, 08:14 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 04:29 PM
be a gentleman.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:19 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
be a gentleman.
i'm a sucker for chivalry.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:21 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

PS-everythign whenhiphop said is true too.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:00 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:29 PM
this seems to be tricky for most of us to do, but just be yourself. take a deep breath, relax, and say hello. if she's interested too, conversation will follow.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:42 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars
Go Acrobat Go!

You just go up to them and talk to them. That´s the simple way.

The complicated way is: first she has to invite you with her eyes to go up and talk to her. When you catch her looking at you twice, and probably turning away when you look back at her, that´s an invitation - it only isn´t if you can realize from her body language that she doesn´t like you, meaning if she turns away kinda "disgusted" and talks to another man. If her eyes are inviting you, you are invited. That doesn´t mean she stares at you.

It depends what of all your positive sides you wanna show her. You´re a good looking man, so there´s no need to buy her a drink. In fact, beware of buying drinks for girls in a bar. It´s different if you meet her on the street, at work, in a museum or whatever. Then you can ask her if you can take her for a coffee. And this one you pay. Because it´s your first date with that person, and at a first date the man pays. But like I said, if you meet her in a bar, it´s not your first date yet. So you engage in some nice conversation. Which ultimately leads to you asking her out.

Tell interesting things about yourself, but not too much. Listen what she has to say. Ask her questions aso that she sees you´re interested in her. A little compliment from time to time doesn´t hurt. Make a specialized compliment like" nice jewels" or "mmh your perfume smells like a flower" (use that one to get near to hear neck and smell) or, in case of a punk/ gothic girl "nice piercing, where did you get it?"... "isn´t that dangerous?" etc. etc.

Anyway, if you play it like me, don´t ask her questions. Let her come to you, let her do the work, take a little of distance in between. Thats a secret female trick, mind you! You know that situation when you´re talking to a girl and she says "oh, it was nice talking to you, but now I gotta go-oooo" - I´ll tell you what, the person who is left at the table alone, in most cases it´s the man, will feel a little sorry. Just a little, in the sense of "oh now I talked to this beautiful lady, and now she´s gone, and I am here alone, hmm nice girl.. what a pity she had to go so soon".

Turn the table. You take a little distance. When you´ve been talking with her for 20 minutes, or talked and danced for an hour, you are the one to say "Oh I gotta go... I´m so sorry.. it was nice meeting you, listen give me your phone number" - then when you got her phone no., you walk away, and maybe she will feel sorry - just a little though. That´s good for you, because she will want to meet you another time. And you will give her that possibility by actively calling her, asking her when she has time. Only call her once, though. if she doesn´t have time, skip it and go for the next one. If you wanna lay it hot, tell her you really fell in love with her.

But for the distance-taking trick you have to know the ropes... she has to stay interested in you, you know. Just start the simple way: just go up to them and talk to them.

What a pizzimp.

What he said is all true if you're in a bar. If not, you need to talk to her. Make sure you have time though. If you're on a 5 minute bus ride, there's really very little point, because if you try and get a number in 5 minutes you come off as desperate. A good time is 20-30 minutes. Enough to give her a chance to decide if she likes you, but not so much that you seem like you're bogarting her from everyone else, or giving away so much information about yourself that you have nothing to talk about on a first date.

Also, don't ask her a million questions about herself. You're trying to meet her, not conduct a cross-examination of a witness.

Now, when you're on a date, always always ALWAYS be a gentleman. Open doors for her, take her coat, hold her chair, let her go first, etc. ALWAYS. You don't need a huge bouquet of flowers and a big box of chocolates and a teddy bear to come off as a gentleman. Just little things like small compliments now and then.

Always treat her like you're absolutely honoured beyond belief that she would actually grant you the privilege of taking her out, no matter if it's to the fanciest restaurant in the city and a ballet show, or hot dogs and Cokes at the ball game.

Girls notice little things like that.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:09 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
and make sure to remain a gentleman after the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th dates and any time after that.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:19 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:29 PM
here's an idea.

if you find someone that you like, and they actually like you, allow them to meet you so that you can actually meet in person.

don't be a jackass and ruin yourself because of some ridiculous notions that run through your mind saying "oh, she'll never like me in real anyway".

oh wait, wrong thread, sorry.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:32 PM   #12
Refugee

Don´t worry zoomerang, i get lost too all the time......
Old 10-16-2004, 01:46 PM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
and make sure to remain a gentleman after the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th dates and any time after that.
Exactly.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:57 PM   #14
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:29 PM
How you doin?
Old 10-16-2004, 06:09 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

Always treat her like you're absolutely honoured beyond belief that she would actually grant you the privilege of taking her out,
Only treat her like that if she really values it. Some girls like to be honoured beyond belief, others don´t like when you lick their feet too often.

Try to find out her mindset and act accordingly if you really like her. That´s a priviledge more real than bowing because you´re "allowed" to take her out.