Teach me how to flirt with girls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go Acrobat Go! :D

You just go up to them and talk to them. That´s the simple way.

The complicated way is: first she has to invite you with her eyes to go up and talk to her. When you catch her looking at you twice, and probably turning away when you look back at her, that´s an invitation - it only isn´t if you can realize from her body language that she doesn´t like you, meaning if she turns away kinda "disgusted" and talks to another man. If her eyes are inviting you, you are invited. That doesn´t mean she stares at you.

It depends what of all your positive sides you wanna show her. You´re a good looking man, so there´s no need to buy her a drink. In fact, beware of buying drinks for girls in a bar. It´s different if you meet her on the street, at work, in a museum or whatever. Then you can ask her if you can take her for a coffee. And this one you pay. Because it´s your first date with that person, and at a first date the man pays. But like I said, if you meet her in a bar, it´s not your first date yet. So you engage in some nice conversation. Which ultimately leads to you asking her out.

Tell interesting things about yourself, but not too much. Listen what she has to say. Ask her questions aso that she sees you´re interested in her. A little compliment from time to time doesn´t hurt. Make a specialized compliment like" nice jewels" or "mmh your perfume smells like a flower" (use that one to get near to hear neck and smell) or, in case of a punk/ gothic girl "nice piercing, where did you get it?"... "isn´t that dangerous?" etc. etc.

Anyway, if you play it like me, don´t ask her questions. Let her come to you, let her do the work, take a little of distance in between. Thats a secret female trick, mind you! You know that situation when you´re talking to a girl and she says "oh, it was nice talking to you, but now I gotta go-oooo" - I´ll tell you what, the person who is left at the table alone, in most cases it´s the man, will feel a little sorry. Just a little, in the sense of "oh now I talked to this beautiful lady, and now she´s gone, and I am here alone, hmm nice girl.. what a pity she had to go so soon".

Turn the table. You take a little distance. When you´ve been talking with her for 20 minutes, or talked and danced for an hour, you are the one to say "Oh I gotta go... I´m so sorry.. it was nice meeting you, listen give me your phone number" - then when you got her phone no., you walk away, and maybe she will feel sorry - just a little though. That´s good for you, because she will want to meet you another time. And you will give her that possibility by actively calling her, asking her when she has time. Only call her once, though. if she doesn´t have time, skip it and go for the next one. If you wanna lay it hot, tell her you really fell in love with her.

But for the distance-taking trick you have to know the ropes... she has to stay interested in you, you know. Just start the simple way: just go up to them and talk to them.

:up:

Last edited:
this seems to be tricky for most of us to do, but just be yourself. take a deep breath, relax, and say hello. if she's interested too, conversation will follow.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Go Acrobat Go! :D

You just go up to them and talk to them. That´s the simple way.

The complicated way is: first she has to invite you with her eyes to go up and talk to her. When you catch her looking at you twice, and probably turning away when you look back at her, that´s an invitation - it only isn´t if you can realize from her body language that she doesn´t like you, meaning if she turns away kinda "disgusted" and talks to another man. If her eyes are inviting you, you are invited. That doesn´t mean she stares at you.

It depends what of all your positive sides you wanna show her. You´re a good looking man, so there´s no need to buy her a drink. In fact, beware of buying drinks for girls in a bar. It´s different if you meet her on the street, at work, in a museum or whatever. Then you can ask her if you can take her for a coffee. And this one you pay. Because it´s your first date with that person, and at a first date the man pays. But like I said, if you meet her in a bar, it´s not your first date yet. So you engage in some nice conversation. Which ultimately leads to you asking her out.

Tell interesting things about yourself, but not too much. Listen what she has to say. Ask her questions aso that she sees you´re interested in her. A little compliment from time to time doesn´t hurt. Make a specialized compliment like" nice jewels" or "mmh your perfume smells like a flower" (use that one to get near to hear neck and smell) or, in case of a punk/ gothic girl "nice piercing, where did you get it?"... "isn´t that dangerous?" etc. etc.

Anyway, if you play it like me, don´t ask her questions. Let her come to you, let her do the work, take a little of distance in between. Thats a secret female trick, mind you! You know that situation when you´re talking to a girl and she says "oh, it was nice talking to you, but now I gotta go-oooo" - I´ll tell you what, the person who is left at the table alone, in most cases it´s the man, will feel a little sorry. Just a little, in the sense of "oh now I talked to this beautiful lady, and now she´s gone, and I am here alone, hmm nice girl.. what a pity she had to go so soon".

Turn the table. You take a little distance. When you´ve been talking with her for 20 minutes, or talked and danced for an hour, you are the one to say "Oh I gotta go... I´m so sorry.. it was nice meeting you, listen give me your phone number" - then when you got her phone no., you walk away, and maybe she will feel sorry - just a little though. That´s good for you, because she will want to meet you another time. And you will give her that possibility by actively calling her, asking her when she has time. Only call her once, though. if she doesn´t have time, skip it and go for the next one. If you wanna lay it hot, tell her you really fell in love with her.

But for the distance-taking trick you have to know the ropes... she has to stay interested in you, you know. Just start the simple way: just go up to them and talk to them.

:up:

What a pizzimp. :sexywink:

What he said is all true if you're in a bar. If not, you need to talk to her. Make sure you have time though. If you're on a 5 minute bus ride, there's really very little point, because if you try and get a number in 5 minutes you come off as desperate. A good time is 20-30 minutes. Enough to give her a chance to decide if she likes you, but not so much that you seem like you're bogarting her from everyone else, or giving away so much information about yourself that you have nothing to talk about on a first date.

Also, don't ask her a million questions about herself. You're trying to meet her, not conduct a cross-examination of a witness.

Now, when you're on a date, always always ALWAYS be a gentleman. Open doors for her, take her coat, hold her chair, let her go first, etc. ALWAYS. You don't need a huge bouquet of flowers and a big box of chocolates and a teddy bear to come off as a gentleman. Just little things like small compliments now and then.

Always treat her like you're absolutely honoured beyond belief that she would actually grant you the privilege of taking her out, no matter if it's to the fanciest restaurant in the city and a ballet show, or hot dogs and Cokes at the ball game.

Girls notice little things like that. :up:

here's an idea.

if you find someone that you like, and they actually like you, allow them to meet you so that you can actually meet in person.

don't be a jackass and ruin yourself because of some ridiculous notions that run through your mind saying "oh, she'll never like me in real anyway".

oh wait, wrong thread, sorry.

DaveC said:

Always treat her like you're absolutely honoured beyond belief that she would actually grant you the privilege of taking her out,

Only treat her like that if she really values it. Some girls like to be honoured beyond belief, others don´t like when you lick their feet too often.

Try to find out her mindset and act accordingly if you really like her. That´s a priviledge more real than bowing because you´re "allowed" to take her out.

And if your at a bar...please don't do the thing where you'll go out on the dancefloor and just start grinding yourself against a girl's butt! She was dancing before cause she wanted to, not because she was inviting just anyone to rub thier crotch on her ass----sorry I hate I when random guys do that. Bleh.

Just be yourself and dont act like an ass. (IE pick up lines, grinding on the dance floor LOL as mentioned above, etc.) If a girl likes you she most likely isnt looking for you to pull any of that crap anyway.

Although I'm no pro, read my journal entry. Things can go bad no matter what you do!
:rolleyes:

I'm obviously doing something wrong! :) Oh well

Differ between girls who shake their asses to enjoy dancing and the ones who shake their asses in order to attract the looks of men. The first group wants to dance and not to flirt at the moment, the latter are not worth it. :D

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
well if I want a guy to get dirrty with me on the dance floor he will know. :sexywink:

How does he know you´re not "just enjoying the music"?

You mean you go to him and whisper in his ear "I wanna get dirty with you on the floor"?

Back
Top Bottom