Tea, South Dakota Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australians: is it just me, or does Peter Garrett sound like he's singing "who's going to shave me" half the time in Blue Sky Mining?

The Sad Punk said:
Well look at me all being a New Yorker, I didn't notice that 81 posts ago.

i was a new yorker for about 2 days thanks to the superthreads, back when they were hijacked threads. it may have been the least amount of time anyone's ever been a new yorker.

fuck you snyder fuck you.

Axver said:
Australians: is it just me, or does Peter Garrett sound like he's singing "who's going to shave me" half the time in Blue Sky Mining?

Don't know that song, but I still can't make out what he's singing in the Beds are Burning chorus.

Axver said:

I love how both of you need to do things to keep yourselves awake.

Personally, I just switch to a sport that keeps me awake without me having to actually do anything.

you are a fucking jackass. i have been up all night, normally i'd have gone to sleep at 6am when the game started. phanan got up fucking early for it. so stop being such an asshole. the game's exciting, our bodies are not supposed to be awake.

Axver said:
always, which is the greatest joke about the whole song , other than the fucked up dance to accompany it .

Axver said:

Mexico? Venezuela? You may have a case with the others, but those two are clearly soccer countries.

And really, it seems to me that rather than being an international sport, those countries just feed players into the US.

since when does a country have one sport? is australia a rugby or a cricket country? what aobut new zealand? the us is baseball and football, and mexico and venezuela are soccer and baseball. mexico has 2 leagues, venezuela has one but it's also a smaller country.

who's ignorant?

Varitek said:

you are a fucking jackass. i have been up all night, normally i'd have gone to sleep at 6am when the game started. phanan got up fucking early for it. so stop being such an asshole. the game's exciting, our bodies are not supposed to be awake.

Don't act like my jackarsery about Americans and their sport is a new revelation.

Axver said:

Don't act like my jackarsery about Americans and their sport is a new revelation.

you're being a particular jackass. just because your ex girlfriend is american doesn't mean you need to take it out on the rest of us.

Varitek said:

since when does a country have one sport? is australia a rugby or a cricket country? what aobut new zealand? the us is baseball and football, and mexico and venezuela are soccer and baseball. mexico has 2 leagues, venezuela has one but it's also a smaller country.

who's ignorant?

Most countries have national sports. New Zealand's is rugby. Australia's is cricket. India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka's is cricket. Most countries are soccer. Bhutan's is archery. Etc.

Who's ignorant? You.

Varitek said:

you're being a particular jackass. just because your ex girlfriend is american doesn't mean you need to take it out on the rest of us.

That's got nothing to do with it. I've hated American sports for years.

COBL_04 said:
Australian Rules Football in the winter, cricket in the summer.

You can't claim AFL as a national sport in light of league in NSW and QLD.

Cricket is the only truly national sport here.

Popularsports.PNG

QED.

(Though South Africa should be noted as a special case, due to its racial division. I have grown up with it being a rugby country, not a soccer country, but that's due to exposure to primarily white South Africa. Soccer is, I believe, primarily black South Africa.)

Axver said:

Most countries have national sports. New Zealand's is rugby. Australia's is cricket. India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka's is cricket. Most countries are soccer. Bhutan's is archery. Etc.

Who's ignorant? You.

neither mexico nor venezuela have an official national sport. and go ahead, prove that the majority of countries in the world have an official sport, and you'll still be wrong, because just because ther eis some bill that appoints some sport the national sport doesn't mean there aren't fans of more than one sport in the country.

Axver said:
Popularsports.PNG

QED.

(Though South Africa should be noted as a special case, due to its racial division. I have grown up with it being a rugby country, not a soccer country, but that's due to exposure to primarily white South Africa. Soccer is, I believe, primarily black South Africa.)

bullfucking shit. that map is contrived. our sport isn't football. we don't have one sport.

Varitek said:

neither mexico nor venezuela have an official national sport. and go ahead, prove that the majority of countries in the world have an official sport, and you'll still be wrong, because just because ther eis some bill that appoints some sport the national sport doesn't mean there aren't fans of more than one sport in the country.

I never said anywhere had an OFFICIAL sport, just a NATIONAL sport.

Geez.

Axver said:

That's got nothing to do with it. I've hated American sports for years.
\

i think it's got everything to do with your self-admitted fervent anti-americanism that has grown in the past year, as you have said. and i think you've been a total jackass about multiple things that the rest of us lightly joke about amongst countries. don't become a diplomat, ever.

Axver said:

I never said anywhere had an OFFICIAL sport, just a NATIONAL sport.

Geez.

and that's completely arbitrary and you and that map can just pick what you'd like to support your own argument. there's no agreement on that shit.

seriously, we are headed for a divorce.

night jen and cobl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom