Tea, South Dakota Superthread - Page 59 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #871
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26


Yeah, the problem there was that I didn't mean to fall asleep. Being that I'd never done that before, it was quite a surprise.

(Note: I have napped before when sick, but that's different.)

Alarms are a mixed bag with me. In the morning, with three people in the house still asleep, my alarm has volume limits, and only wakes me about 60% of the time.
i always set an alarm if there's a slight chance, because i know myself like that.
__________________

__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:00 PM   #872
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


i always set an alarm if there's a slight chance, because i know myself like that.
A wise man did once say, "Know thyself" ... or something.
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:00 PM   #873
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26


The slippers threw me off. Damn. My reading comprehension is supposed to be really good. They told me so. They said, "Hey, Danimal, you understand words well, you got a 670 on the verbal portion of your SAT's, that means you get it. Congrats." And I was like yeah man. But now I'm doubting them.
where do you wanna go to college, or what are you looking for in a college?
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #874
Cin
Blue Crack Addict
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Posts: 21,900
Local Time: 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


you put on slippers to keep your boobs from getting cold?

no.

it's just an expression, like saying I'm freezing my arse off.

I just noticed that my fly is undone
__________________
Cin is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:03 PM   #875
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 12:39 AM
dude. i'm totally related to barack obama. because the times says he's like 8th cousins from bush, and i'm like 8th cousins from bush, probably in the other direction.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:03 PM   #876
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


where do you wanna go to college, or what are you looking for in a college?
I feel so unprepared, really. Everyone asks me and I have no idea.

My one school person who's supposed to know things said apply to seven schools: two over your head, three in your range, two fallbacks. But I don't really want to go over my head due to money reasons, so I'm probably just going to do a lot "in my range."

I'm definitely applying to Penn State Main, probably applying to Pitt, probably applying to Maryland. West Chester and Millersville are my fallback state schools. Don't know what else.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #877
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26




When I run, I usually listen to a couple rock songs with a good tempo. I think I've found the best tempo lies in David Bowie's Aladdin Sane album, specifically with Watch That Man, Panic in Detroit, and Cracked Actor.

The best U2 workout songs are Electric Co., Streets, and Last Night on Earth, IMO.
streets, 11ott (owns!) electric co, out of control, i will follow (pattern: boy), silver and gold, exit, gloria (though i slow down for parts of it), new year's day if you want a little slower, angel of harlem is fun as is i still haven't found and yes, trip through your wires. UF is great when i'm pushing myself really hard for cardio, cause i can just get lost in it, and all i want is you is good for a slower period/weights, as is running to stand still.

and either bad/aiwiy or bad/40 for cooldown.

songs that lose are when love comes to town, love rescue me, one (fucking kills my workout sometimes), van diemen's land. way to kill a workout.

i could make my dream workout setlist. but i like hearing a cohesive concert and u2 isn't gonna play some of the stuff again.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #878
Cin
Blue Crack Addict
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Posts: 21,900
Local Time: 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
dude. i'm totally related to barack obama. because the times says he's like 8th cousins from bush, and i'm like 8th cousins from bush, probably in the other direction.

ooh, I just heard that Brad Pitt is distantly related to Barack.







helooo Varitek
__________________
Cin is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #879
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
dude. i'm totally related to barack obama. because the times says he's like 8th cousins from bush, and i'm like 8th cousins from bush, probably in the other direction.
I've never done one of those things to find out who I'm related to.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #880
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26


I feel so unprepared, really. Everyone asks me and I have no idea.

My one school person who's supposed to know things said apply to seven schools: two over your head, three in your range, two fallbacks. But I don't really want to go over my head due to money reasons, so I'm probably just going to do a lot "in my range."

I'm definitely applying to Penn State Main, probably applying to Pitt, probably applying to Maryland. West Chester and Millersville are my fallback state schools. Don't know what else.
are you talking about wasting application money? because often, the better the school, the more the endowment for generous financial aid. though more medium schools give merit scholarships.

never heard of millersville. you couldn't pay me to live in pittsburgh, though iguess i'd prefer it over wherever the fuck penn main is and where millersville might be. which maryland? umcp or umbc?
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #881
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
streets, 11ott (owns!) electric co, out of control, i will follow (pattern: boy), silver and gold, exit, gloria (though i slow down for parts of it), new year's day if you want a little slower, angel of harlem is fun as is i still haven't found and yes, trip through your wires. UF is great when i'm pushing myself really hard for cardio, cause i can just get lost in it, and all i want is you is good for a slower period/weights, as is running to stand still.

and either bad/aiwiy or bad/40 for cooldown.

songs that lose are when love comes to town, love rescue me, one (fucking kills my workout sometimes), van diemen's land. way to kill a workout.

i could make my dream workout setlist. but i like hearing a cohesive concert and u2 isn't gonna play some of the stuff again.
Yeah, the early stuff is particularly good for it. I'm wondering about a list.

Speaking of setlists, have you ever created a dream U2 concert setlist? I did one a few months back, I want to find that again.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #882
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by cinnaminson



ooh, I just heard that Brad Pitt is distantly related to Barack.







helooo Varitek
that was in the same times article. so it goes me >>>>>>>>>> bush >>>>>>>>>>> barack >>>>>>>>>>> brad pitt. though i suppose some of those arrows could go back and get him closer. anyway, he's still distant enough that i can sleep with him, not like i'll ever get the chance.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #883
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26


Yeah, the early stuff is particularly good for it. I'm wondering about a list.

Speaking of setlists, have you ever created a dream U2 concert setlist? I did one a few months back, I want to find that again.
cause the early stuff was rockin' fuckin' roll. no, never done a dream set. im not good at playlists and the like, i can pick songs but not order them well.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #884
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
are you talking about wasting application money? because often, the better the school, the more the endowment for generous financial aid. though more medium schools give merit scholarships.

never heard of millersville. you couldn't pay me to live in pittsburgh, though iguess i'd prefer it over wherever the fuck penn main is and where millersville might be. which maryland? umcp or umbc?
No, about actual tuition. I'm paying 100% for college, so I don't want to apply to something like the Ivy League, which a few people have pointed me towards. I don't have the money.

Millersville is near Lancaster. It's a fallback for me, mostly because my parents went there.

I would've said the same about Pitt, but everyone who's gone there has loved it. I've heard similar things about Maryland, though I'll have to ask about the campuses.

Penn State Main is in State College. It's the second biggest party school in America.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #885
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26


And down goes Axver.

Aussies for the phail. Two of the top three are Americans now.

__________________

__________________
major_panic is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com