Tea, South Dakota Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:

Yeah, the problem there was that I didn't mean to fall asleep. Being that I'd never done that before, it was quite a surprise.

(Note: I have napped before when sick, but that's different.)

Alarms are a mixed bag with me. In the morning, with three people in the house still asleep, my alarm has volume limits, and only wakes me about 60% of the time.

i always set an alarm if there's a slight chance, because i know myself like that.

Varitek said:

i always set an alarm if there's a slight chance, because i know myself like that.

A wise man did once say, "Know thyself" ... or something.

phillyfan26 said:

The slippers threw me off. Damn. My reading comprehension is supposed to be really good. They told me so. They said, "Hey, Danimal, you understand words well, you got a 670 on the verbal portion of your SAT's, that means you get it. Congrats." And I was like yeah man. But now I'm doubting them.

where do you wanna go to college, or what are you looking for in a college?

dude. i'm totally related to barack obama. because the times says he's like 8th cousins from bush, and i'm like 8th cousins from bush, probably in the other direction.

Varitek said:

where do you wanna go to college, or what are you looking for in a college?

I feel so unprepared, really. Everyone asks me and I have no idea.

My one school person who's supposed to know things said apply to seven schools: two over your head, three in your range, two fallbacks. But I don't really want to go over my head due to money reasons, so I'm probably just going to do a lot "in my range."

I'm definitely applying to Penn State Main, probably applying to Pitt, probably applying to Maryland. West Chester and Millersville are my fallback state schools. Don't know what else.

phillyfan26 said:

:lol:

When I run, I usually listen to a couple rock songs with a good tempo. I think I've found the best tempo lies in David Bowie's Aladdin Sane album, specifically with Watch That Man, Panic in Detroit, and Cracked Actor.

The best U2 workout songs are Electric Co., Streets, and Last Night on Earth, IMO.

streets, 11ott (owns!) electric co, out of control, i will follow (pattern: boy), silver and gold, exit, gloria (though i slow down for parts of it), new year's day if you want a little slower, angel of harlem is fun as is i still haven't found and yes, trip through your wires. UF is great when i'm pushing myself really hard for cardio, cause i can just get lost in it, and all i want is you is good for a slower period/weights, as is running to stand still.

and either bad/aiwiy or bad/40 for cooldown.

songs that lose are when love comes to town, love rescue me, one (fucking kills my workout sometimes), van diemen's land. way to kill a workout.

i could make my dream workout setlist. but i like hearing a cohesive concert and u2 isn't gonna play some of the stuff again.

Varitek said:
dude. i'm totally related to barack obama. because the times says he's like 8th cousins from bush, and i'm like 8th cousins from bush, probably in the other direction.

I've never done one of those things to find out who I'm related to.

phillyfan26 said:

I feel so unprepared, really. Everyone asks me and I have no idea.

My one school person who's supposed to know things said apply to seven schools: two over your head, three in your range, two fallbacks. But I don't really want to go over my head due to money reasons, so I'm probably just going to do a lot "in my range."

I'm definitely applying to Penn State Main, probably applying to Pitt, probably applying to Maryland. West Chester and Millersville are my fallback state schools. Don't know what else.

are you talking about wasting application money? because often, the better the school, the more the endowment for generous financial aid. though more medium schools give merit scholarships.

never heard of millersville. you couldn't pay me to live in pittsburgh, though iguess i'd prefer it over wherever the fuck penn main is and where millersville might be. which maryland? umcp or umbc?

Varitek said:
streets, 11ott (owns!) electric co, out of control, i will follow (pattern: boy), silver and gold, exit, gloria (though i slow down for parts of it), new year's day if you want a little slower, angel of harlem is fun as is i still haven't found and yes, trip through your wires. UF is great when i'm pushing myself really hard for cardio, cause i can just get lost in it, and all i want is you is good for a slower period/weights, as is running to stand still.

and either bad/aiwiy or bad/40 for cooldown.

songs that lose are when love comes to town, love rescue me, one (fucking kills my workout sometimes), van diemen's land. way to kill a workout.

i could make my dream workout setlist. but i like hearing a cohesive concert and u2 isn't gonna play some of the stuff again.

Yeah, the early stuff is particularly good for it. I'm wondering about a list.

Speaking of setlists, have you ever created a dream U2 concert setlist? I did one a few months back, I want to find that again.

cinnaminson said:

ooh, I just heard that Brad Pitt is distantly related to Barack.

helooo Varitek :flirt: :flirt:

that was in the same times article. so it goes me >>>>>>>>>> bush >>>>>>>>>>> barack >>>>>>>>>>> brad pitt. though i suppose some of those arrows could go back and get him closer. anyway, he's still distant enough that i can sleep with him, not like i'll ever get the chance.

phillyfan26 said:

Yeah, the early stuff is particularly good for it. I'm wondering about a list.

Speaking of setlists, have you ever created a dream U2 concert setlist? I did one a few months back, I want to find that again.

cause the early stuff was rockin' fuckin' roll. no, never done a dream set. im not good at playlists and the like, i can pick songs but not order them well.

Varitek said:
are you talking about wasting application money? because often, the better the school, the more the endowment for generous financial aid. though more medium schools give merit scholarships.

never heard of millersville. you couldn't pay me to live in pittsburgh, though iguess i'd prefer it over wherever the fuck penn main is and where millersville might be. which maryland? umcp or umbc?

No, about actual tuition. I'm paying 100% for college, so I don't want to apply to something like the Ivy League, which a few people have pointed me towards. I don't have the money.

Millersville is near Lancaster. It's a fallback for me, mostly because my parents went there.

I would've said the same about Pitt, but everyone who's gone there has loved it. I've heard similar things about Maryland, though I'll have to ask about the campuses.

Penn State Main is in State College. It's the second biggest party school in America.

phillyfan26 said:

And down goes Axver.

Aussies for the phail. Two of the top three are Americans now.

iwojima1.jpg

n628297951_783514_3550.jpg

cinnaminson said:

:lol: no.

it's just an expression, like saying I'm freezing my arse off.

I just noticed that my fly is undone :yikes:

i hate it when that happens

i also hate getting 45'd so much i fall way behind in responses

phillyfan26 said:

No, about actual tuition. I'm paying 100% for college, so I don't want to apply to something like the Ivy League, which a few people have pointed me towards. I don't have the money.

Millersville is near Lancaster. It's a fallback for me, mostly because my parents went there.

I would've said the same about Pitt, but everyone who's gone there has loved it. I've heard similar things about Maryland, though I'll have to ask about the campuses.

Penn State Main is in State College. It's the second biggest party school in America.

if you can get into the ivy league they are waiving tuition for some icnoms and for harvard/yale, under 180k/yr you pay 10% of your family's income, plus no loans, only grants. this is such a sadly common misconception - that people can't afford ivies and top lacs - we actually have tons of money and you can end up paying less than at a state school.

Originally posted by Varitek cause the early stuff was rockin' fuckin' roll. no, never done a dream set. im not good at playlists and the like, i can pick songs but not order them well.
Found mine.

1. City of Blinding Lights
2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock / Drowning Man (snippet)
3. The Electric Co. / Bullet with Butterfly Wings (snippet) / Break on Through to the Other Side (snippet) / I Can See for Miles (snippet)
4. Gone
5. Gloria
6. A Sort of Homecoming
7. MLK (snippet) / The Unforgettable Fire
8. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet)
9. One Tree Hill
10. Yahweh / My City of Ruins (snippet)
11. October (snippet) / New Year's Day
12. Exit / Riders on the Storm (snippet)/Gloria [Van Morrison] (snippet)
13. God Part II
14. Twilight
15. Dirty Day
16. Bullet the Blue Sky
17. Please
18. Where the Streets Have No Name

19. Hawkmoon 269
20. Desire / You Make Me Feel So Young (snippet) / So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet)
21. The Fly

22. Kite / Into the Fire (snippet)
23. Satellite of Love (snippet) / Bad / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / The First Time (snippet)
24. Until the End of the World / Two Tribes (snippet)
25. Love is Blindness / Rock 'n' Roll Suicide (snippet)

Last edited:
I hope that mofo82 has now been scared off by our barrage of Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein-referencing posters and mocking of those who believed it. The new poster MsMcPhisto is pretty decent though.

Varitek said:

if you can get into the ivy league they are waiving tuition for some icnoms and for harvard/yale, under 180k/yr you pay 10% of your family's income, plus no loans, only grants. this is such a sadly common misconception - that people can't afford ivies and top lacs - we actually have tons of money and you can end up paying less than at a state school.

I'm not sure I want to go to an Ivy League school anyway, but I'm not opposed to LACs.

phillyfan26 said:

Found mine.

1. City of Blinding Lights
2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock / Drowning Man (snippet)
3. The Electric Co. / Bullet with Butterfly Wings
(snippet) / Break on Through to the Other Side
(snippet) / I Can See for Miles (snippet)
4. Gone
5. Gloria
6. A Sort of Homecoming
7. MLK (snippet) / The Unforgettable Fire
8. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet)
9. One Tree Hill
10. Yahweh / My City of Ruins (snippet)
11. October (snippet) / New Year's Day
12. Exit / Riders on the Storm (snippet)/Gloria [Van Morrison] (snippet)
13. God Part II
14. Twilight
15. Dirty Day
16. Bullet the Blue Sky
17. Please
18. Where the Streets Have No Name

19. Hawkmoon 269
20. Desire / You Make Me Feel So Young (snippet) / So
You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet)
21. The Fly

22. Kite / Into the Fire (snippet)
23. Satellite of Love (snippet) / Bad / Norwegian Wood
(snippet) / The First Time (snippet)
24. Until the End of the World / Two Tribes (snippet)
25. Love is Blindness / Rock 'n' Roll Suicide (snippet)

looks good. i'm too tired to think seriously about it, as i'm literally passing out on the keyboard, thanks sox in japan. bed.

Varitek said:
my mom's super into geneology. i'm related to 5 presidents (though it is my non genetic side)

My Dad isn't even sure what nationality his grandparents were. He knows his mother was Irish, but his father, he thinks was Irish and British, and maybe a bit German, but he can't be sure.

My Mom's 100% Irish.

major_panic said:
I hope that mofo82 has now been scared off by our barrage of Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein-referencing posters and mocking of those who believed it. The new poster MsMcPhisto is pretty decent though.
Posters :drool:

When my head clears up a bit later, I'm gonna scroll through my U2 photos collection and look for inspiration.

Meanwhile, I'm listening to 99 Problems and rocking out to rap in the way that only short white girls can.

I totally had a dream that Bono and Jay-Z performed it together at a U2 show :rockon:

Varitek said:

looks good. i'm too tired to think seriously about it, as i'm literally passing out on the keyboard, thanks sox in japan. bed.

Good night.

I'll probably be around late tonight, for I'm not going to school tomorrow due to a funeral.

major_panic said:

yeah i complimented her a few pages ago. and :crossfingers:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Posters :drool:

When my head clears up a bit later, I'm gonna scroll through my U2 photos collection and look for inspiration.

Meanwhile, I'm listening to 99 Problems and rocking out to rap in the way that only short white girls can.

I totally had a dream that Bono and Jay-Z performed it together at a U2 show :rockon:

i fucking love the grey album version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom