Tea, South Dakota Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
COBL_04 said:

you sure? He's the big, tall, black, gay British guy.

Fooking hilarious.

And occasionally high-brow too, you'd enjoy him I think.

Hm. I'm not that up with my comedians, but I do remember once watching a tall, black British comedian on TV a year or so ago and he was hysterical. Looking at the guy's Wikipedia page, I think that might be him.

Axver said:

Hm. I'm not that up with my comedians, but I do remember once watching a tall, black British comedian on TV a year or so ago and he was hysterical. Looking at the guy's Wikipedia page, I think that might be him.

has been on good news week a few times.

oh crap i missed it this week.

Axver said:

I saw it advertised recently and thought "hey, that looks interesting, I'd like to watch that!", but as with half of what I wish to watch, I forgot about it.

Ugh. I miss everything.

Ah, not to fear. Here's the site:

http://www.pbs.org/howartmadetheworld/

The episode shown was the second one. The first episode was about the development of realism in sculpture, and how the Greeks managed to create ultra-realism and exaggerated realism so quickly.

The site gets quite a bit into the main aspects of the episodes. Though I'm not going to look at the ones I haven't seen, because of historical/theory spoilers.

Axver said:

He had us in stitches tonight, mostly with his cultural observations.

And he also set up a date between a 22 y.o male wiater and and 18 yo female waiter, though i think the male was a bit over excited, she, not so much.

I missed GNW this week as well :scream:

mysterious_jen said:

has been on good news week a few times.

oh crap i missed it this week.

No you didn't - it wasn't on this week for some reason.

mysterious_jen said:

oh good.

unless channel arsehole 10 has axed it . :scream:

Probably. :rolleyes:

It's terrific, I see it as a great blend between Glass House, which was a pissa, and Spicks n Specks.

Though I really do not like Mikey Robbins. Annoys the hell out of me.

The Sad Punk said:

Ah, not to fear. Here's the site:

http://www.pbs.org/howartmadetheworld/

The episode shown was the second one. The first episode was about the development of realism in sculpture, and how the Greeks managed to create ultra-realism and exaggerated realism so quickly.

The site gets quite a bit into the main aspects of the episodes. Though I'm not going to look at the ones I haven't seen, because of historical/theory spoilers.

Ah, cheers, thanks. Obviously this isn't my field of history, but I enjoy pretty much any history. Makes for interesting reading.

mysterious_jen said:

oh good.

unless channel arsehole 10 has axed it . :scream:

Nah, I heard somewhere - was it said at the end of last week's episode? - that it's taking a two week break.

COBL_04 said:
Thank goodness.

How good is McDermott as a host?

:bow:

I reckon!, I love him on that show. I've always missed GNW since it ended.

I don't know if it was just a bit before your time or not when it was previously?

I remember he sang "Opps I Did It Again..." at the show finale....god it was funny!

bono_man2002 said:

:bow:

I reckon!, I love him on that show. I've always missed GNW since it ended.

I don't know if it was just a bit before your time or not when it was previously?

I remember he sang "Opps I Did It Again..." at the show finale....god it was funny!

I remember the show being on perviously, but n othing about it. Did he still host it? Who were the panellists?

I never actually was aware of the show the first time around, so it's nice that it's been resurrected for me to discover it now.

Any word on whether TGYH will come back for season 4?? I remember reading Working Dog don't like continuing shows, even if they're successful.

Anyone watch The Late Show back in 92/93? Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom