Tea Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Hi,
As some of you know from my journal, I'm looking for a substitute for pop. I'm not addicted, so I don't need caffeine. In fact, I am looking for healthy alternative kind of.

Does anyone have any great ideas as a substitute for pop, or soda, or Coke, or soda pop?
(however you say it where you're from:mad:))

Well, diet Snapple is certainly better for you than soda, but I'm not sure I'd necessarily call it good for you. flavored water's good, but not very exciting. Arizona's my favorite iced tea brand, and they're been coming out with some cool stuff lately...you know, green tea and shit.

tang.gif

I went off of soda (it's called soda dammit, not pop :angry: ) a year and a half ago or so, and started drinking Kool-Aid instead. It's cheap, uncarbonated, and I can control the amount of sugar I put in it (which is always less than what it calls for). I'm not completely off of soda though really, I have a weakness for A&W root beer, but at least I'm not drinking it constantly like I was before.

But if you do go for tea, I must insist that you go with good, proper, southern sweet tea. Of course, the way we drink it, it probably has more sugar in it than soda does :lol:

There is so much artificial crap in most bottled tea. Here is the way to go:

For bottled, try this out: http://www.adagio.com/iced/ - totally natural, brewed from full tea leaves (white and jasmine are my favorites)

However, bottled can get expensive. I'd recommend getting a kit like this: http://www.adagio.com/misc/no_risk.html (or a larger teapot if you need it) and brewing it yourself. If you want, you can even put it into your own bottles and refrigerate it. White and Oolong teas are the best for you. When getting started, make sure you follow the brewing instructions (that kit I linked you to includes a great book). I get all of my stuff from Adagio, so I can certainly recommend 'em.

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Green tea :drool:
Twinings flavoured tea, but I don't think you get that over there. Our supermarkets have a whole section devoted to tea that is supposed to have health benefits so its not hard to find something you should like. Some can be very nice.

Good teabrand: Celestial Seasonings. They have lots of nice flavours and it's pretty healthy for you as well :yes: Green tea too (like Lara Mullen said) :wink:

Other than that, cranberry juice (diet) 'cause it tastes nice and has lots of vitamin C in it!

And, like BB12 said, flavoured water :drool:

JanuaryStar said:
Good teabrand: Celestial Seasonings. They have lots of nice flavours and it's pretty healthy for you as well :yes: Green tea too (like Lara Mullen said) :wink:

I think the Sara Lee company must supply almost every country in Europe with tea, where you are it's Pickwick and in Spain it's Hornimans ( :giggle: :sillysenseofhumour: ).

Philk, I used to drink a glass of warm water with lemon in the mornings. Apparently it's good for your metabolism. I found that if I started off with drinking water in the morning I found it easy to get the recommended amount every day.

Right, Got Philk. Head down to your local supermarket and buy some Twinings English Breakfast tea. You will be hooked for life and drinking an average of 10+ cups a day, just like me.

Yep. Tea's the way to go. I'm addicted. I'm now into buying loose-leaf tea. I'd start with Celestial Seasonings -- they have a wide variety of flavors. Don't be afraid to try something you're not sure of. They also have variety packs, which are good to try other flavors out with. Go green, too.

I like the Republic of Tea's Get Energized from their Be Well Red tea line. It tastes great iced or hot.

http://www.republicoftea.com/templates/detail.asp?navID=1558

Sport Tea is also a great alternative, if you can find it. The only place I've seen it is in the coffee shop where I work, so I haven't really looked, either. It is really good for you and it tastes amazing. Also good iced or hot.

http://www.sportea.com/

Those are just two of my personal favorites. When I gave up drinking pop, it helped me to drink iced tea, but now, I drink it iced or hot. There is so much tea out there now, if you try a few things, you are bound to find something you like. Stay away from Snapple/Arizona iced tea stuff. That is pretty much just as bad as pop. The best stuff for you is green, red, or herbal teas. Herbal teas are not actually teas, but are made from flowers, mint, berries, etc and usually have the most flavor.

Tea is getting really popular now, so most neighborhood grocery stores are carrying a big selection, so that may be a good place to start looking. Places like Whole Foods carry the Republic of Tea lines. Even Lipton is now making an herbal and green tea line. I haven't tried it, but I've heard it is good.

Hope that helps! :wave:

TAzo tea is the best!! The have this Passion brand that tastes like fruity punchy tea...Yummy!!! You can find it usually in the health food section of supermarkerts or the evil Starbucks!!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom