Te Urewera National Park Chat Superthread - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #496
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Well, glad to know that despite the fact you're ridiculously more well traveled than I am, I can still beat you on something! I'd love to go to Antarctica. And I don't mean one of those pissy tourist flights that goes over it and doesn't land. I want to set foot on Antarctica.

Yeah, I know, I'd probably want to land if I was going to go down there at all.

<--- cold wuss

Old 02-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #497
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:23 AM
Hey you en-zee-ers, you're about to be in a leap day. I am so excited for the leap day, I think they are fun (irrationally). I'm going to the philly art museum with 2 friends and then out to dinner and drinks. Except i'm sad because now another friend and her boyfriend are coming and they are gonna ruin the chance for the other 3 of us to get guys to buy us drinks, cause there will be a guy with us

Old 02-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #498
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:23 PM
Quote:

And your formal was in BRITOMART? Wow. I've been through Britomart once, looks like they did a nice job there. Thank fuck they're electrifying the Auckland network though, because diesel engines underground isn't too smart. I also hope they soon put in the underground extension to the western line, I think it's meant to come out at Mt Eden station.
Britomart is the best thing that's been done in Auckland for public transport. Trains go there (and probably nowhere fucking else), and every single bus seems to go there. It's a short walk from uni so i can go down Queen St to make certain i can get a seat on the bus.

Apparently they have some clever design to get the diesel fumes out of the station, although i've walked past at least once which had a full scale fire callout because the system broke down and smoke was building up in the station.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #499
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
I love and hate the location of Mt Smart. I love the location because there is so much room to expand the stadium and the parking/access + you can get cheap parking in almost every industry carpark. Plus there are no nearby residents to bitch about noise.

I'd hate it if i didn't have the ability to drive there. But it's about a 20 minute easy drive.
The trains in Auckland are just fucking shithouse at the moment. I was staying near Boston Road station. It actually made more sense to walk up ... fuck, I think it was Khyber Pass Road across to Newmarket station at certain times of the day.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-27-2008, 11:08 PM   #500
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
Hey you en-zee-ers, you're about to be in a leap day. I am so excited for the leap day, I think they are fun (irrationally). I'm going to the philly art museum with 2 friends and then out to dinner and drinks. Except i'm sad because now another friend and her boyfriend are coming and they are gonna ruin the chance for the other 3 of us to get guys to buy us drinks, cause there will be a guy with us
Still 7 hours away. I think i'll waste the free day and make it up later in the year.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #501
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

And wow, a high school from 1635? A 250 year old house? Holy shit, that boggles the mind. I'm just impressed to walk into a house and hear "this was built in the 1860s" or whatever. But that's what you get when you come from New Zealand and even the 18th century is ancient history.
yup. my high school was founded the year before harvard. the saying goes, harvard was founded so the latin boys would have a place to go to college.

i fucking hate harvard - my highschool had a terrible approach to education and i saw harvard as an extension of it.

i should go soon.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #502
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yeah it doesn't count unless you actually set foot there. and I don't count airports either or I'd have to add a few more places to my list of places i've been.
The only bit of NZ I've seen is Auckland airport...
Old 02-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #503
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

The trains in Auckland are just fucking shithouse at the moment. I was staying near Boston Road station. It actually made more sense to walk up ... fuck, I think it was Khyber Pass Road across to Newmarket station at certain times of the day.
The fact that the trains seem to go fucking nowhere and are regularly prone to complete fuckups are enough to make me happy enough to keep taking the bus and be glad we don't rely on rail for commuting here.

God, it's such a fucking mess.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:11 PM   #504
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

The only bit of NZ I've seen is Auckland airport...
Poor you.

I've been to Tokyo (Airport) and Cairns (Airport)

For the longest time i'd only been to Christchurch Airport and i think that i didn't even get off the plane for that.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:12 PM   #505
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Still 7 hours away. I think i'll waste the free day and make it up later in the year.
you won't make it up, don't lie to yourself
Old 02-27-2008, 11:12 PM   #506
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

And wow, a high school from 1635? A 250 year old house? Holy shit, that boggles the mind. I'm just impressed to walk into a house and hear "this was built in the 1860s" or whatever. But that's what you get when you come from New Zealand and even the 18th century is ancient history.
Stuff that old amazes me. I remember walking around places like London just being in awe of how old the buildings were.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #507
Blue Crack Addict

october's a fabulous album and even better song.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #508
Vocal parasite

Quote:
you could have taken the blue line from the airport to the green line to the red line. it's fucking annoying though. i've also always wanted to pretend i'm going to one of the fancy hotels downtown so i can take their shuttle - it's super easy to get to my house from there on the bus or greenline.

i AM complaining about bunker hill day, or I was when I was in school, because I just wanted summer.

Yeah it doesn't count unless you actually set foot there. and I don't count airports either or I'd have to add a few more places to my list of places i've been.
Oh, I didn't think the airport was served by a railway, at least while I was there. Wish I'd known, might've been better than waiting around for the little shuttle.

And come on, a holiday's a holiday and thus wins!

I've only been to three US states if I don't count airports.

And come on, Chicago's O'Hare is a town unto itself. I've been to Illinois! O'Hare is good enough!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #509
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

you won't make it up, don't lie to yourself
As it stands, the intention is to make it up.

I probably won't, but until January 1, 2009 i intend to make it up.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:14 PM   #510
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Stuff that old amazes me. I remember walking around places like London just being in awe of how old the buildings were.
Now there 1635 is a toddler and 250 yrs old is a newborn

45d

Tags
superthread