Te Urewera National Park Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye gods, tourist, glad you're okay! :yikes: I hate near misses like that in traffic. Well, I'd hate a collision more...

I never fuck with trams. I avoid driving anywhere near them if I can avoid it.

Alisaura said:

WILATW is one of the songs I can listen to quite happily from that album...

Beautiful Day: listenable, alright. Not the second coming.
Stuck: Utter cliched tripe. Crime against humanity.
Elevation: Utter cliched tripe. Sort of fun live.
Walk On: Cliched but I like it anyway. It sounds good.
Kite: Hate the fake strings intro but the rest makes it one of the best songs on the album.
IALW: Crime against humanity.
Wild Honey: Fun. Cops too much shit. Not a remarkable song by any means, but fun.
Peace On Earth: Has a few moments. Meh.
WILATW: Very good.
New York: Alright music, horrible lyrics.
Grace: Subtle, most of the lyrics are pretty decent.
TGBHF: FUCK YES.

the tourist said:
A bunch of cars slamming on their brakes in front of me. So I swerved into the next lane to the left (which was clear). The problem was, though, that the truck behind me (which was going around 25 miles per hour faster than me), decided to do the same thing at the exact same time as me. So as I started moving over into the lane, the truck came within millimeters of my car. I swerved back into my own lane (which had began moving at a steady pace again), and fishtailed like mad for what seemed like a minute (but was probably only about 10 seconds). I fully expected to get hit and roll while I was fishtaling.

mutha fucker.

glad you are ok

:hug:

better have thank god im alive sex later. :yes:

coolian2 said:

It's why i almost always feel safer on the bus, except going through the Panmure Roundabout with a number of big trucks bearing down on me

You should see Haymarket in Melbourne. Royal Parade, Flemington Road, Peel Street, Elizabeth Street and a couple of small others meet there ... and three double-tracked tram routes run through the middle, diverging and connecting with each other.

ABSOLUTE FUCKING MAYHEM.

I'm glad I get off for uni at the stop beforehand.

coolian2 said:

Can't blame you.

Normally, though, I'm never in any danger when I drive. It's just shit-heads who are self-important sons of bitches and think, "I need to go faster, faster, faster, even if I gotta run someone over" make me want to carry a shotgun in my car and shoot out peoples' tires when they make asshole moves on the road. And I would yell at them, "That's what happens when you mess with someone who is made of SuperWin, motherfucker!"

Worst experience i've had while driving (so far), was i was driving my brother home and as we were crossing the bridge at Waipuna (i think) there was a van driving the wrong way down the road. The bridge has a median barrier, and this guy must have got himself into real trouble to be on the wrong side of the road anyway. It's a hard part of the road to fuck up.

I pulled right over into the next lane - without looking. Fuck it, sideswiping a car is better than hitting a van head on.

A good drink worked well after that.

Axver said:

You should see Haymarket in Melbourne. Royal Parade, Flemington Road, Peel Street, Elizabeth Street and a couple of small others meet there ... and three double-tracked tram routes run through the middle, diverging and connecting with each other.

ABSOLUTE FUCKING MAYHEM.

:crack: this is why i dont drive in melbourne

Axver said:

ABSOLUTE FUCKING MAYHEM.

I REFUSE point blank to drive through it. I'll take a 10 minute diversion to avoid it.

the tourist said:

Normally, though, I'm never in any danger when I drive. It's just shit-heads who are self-important sons of bitches and think, "I need to go faster, faster, faster, even if I gotta run someone over" make me want to carry a shotgun in my car and shoot out peoples' tires when they make asshole moves on the road. And I would yell at them, "That's what happens when you mess with someone who is made of SuperWin, motherfucker!"

Same.

15d

the tourist said:

:lol: That'd be hilarious.

I hate people who run railway level crossings. If you get killed, it's your own fucking fault and I feel no sympathy for those dickheads, just the poor train driver who has to live with that.

the tourist said:

:lol:
i carry a tommohawk in the door compartment.

its called The Negotiator 1.0

Axver said:
Beautiful Day: listenable, alright. Not the second coming.
Stuck: Utter cliched tripe. Crime against humanity.
Elevation: Utter cliched tripe. Sort of fun live.
Walk On: Cliched but I like it anyway. It sounds good.
Kite: Hate the fake strings intro but the rest makes it one of the best songs on the album.
IALW: Crime against humanity.
Wild Honey: Fun. Cops too much shit. Not a remarkable song by any means, but fun.
Peace On Earth: Has a few moments. Meh.
WILATW: Very good.
New York: Alright music, horrible lyrics.
Grace: Subtle, most of the lyrics are pretty decent.
TGBHF: FUCK YES.
I usually enjoy Elevation (and definitely fun live), and Grace never really grabbed me, but other than that, I'm pretty much with you there. :up:

Actually, IALW isn't all bad. I don't think it's as criminal as Stuck.

coolian2 said:

Same.

15d

Actually, just really makes me want to be Clive Owen from Shoot Em Up. If you haven't seen it, rent it. Tomorrow. It'll change your live forever. And you'll see boobs.

mysterious_jen said:

:lol:
i carry a tommohawk in the door compartment.

its called The Negotiator 1.0

At work when I put up shelves sometimes, I use a mini-sledge. I call it The Persuader.

coolian2 said:

So true. Better late than dead, i would have thought.

Yeah, and come on, in New Zealand, it's not going to make you more than 15 seconds late. We don't run long trains! A 40 wagon freight train is remarkable. All the coalies from the West Coast to Lyttelton are limited to 30; they've been trying to push it up to 45 wagons for years but the Otira Tunnel fucks them around with its steep grade.

Now, if you were out in the Pilbara in Australia and a 200 wagon iron ore train's coming along, then you might get delayed a bit, but if you try running that thing, you'll die three times before you're dead. And come on, who the fuck lives in the Pilbara anyway?

Axver said:

:lol: That'd be hilarious.

I hate people who run railway level crossings. If you get killed, it's your own fucking fault and I feel no sympathy for those dickheads, just the poor train driver who has to live with that.

The train-drivers probably have a points system based on hitting them that they keep as talleys on a whiteboard in some office somewhere where they giggle and drink scotch while playing poker. In the nude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom