Te Urewera National Park Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

Put Surrender at the end. Put A Celebration right before it, and start a pattern of early singles (later to be followed by HMTMKMKM and Pop, TGBHF and ATYCLB, and ES and the Bomb).

Eh, I think A Celebration is much better located in the vicinity of New Year's Day and Like A Song.

I love how my copy of ATYCLB has TGBHF. It's such a good closer too. :drool:

By the way, everyone, I was almost killed today. Didn't know if I'd mentioned that yet.

Axver said:

Eh, I think A Celebration is much better located in the vicinity of New Year's Day and Like A Song.

I love how my copy of ATYCLB has TGBHF. It's such a good closer too. :drool:

Because Grace happens to be the worst closer in History.

mysterious_jen said:

ui dotn drink beer :yuck:

sprits FTMFW or a nice white wine . or bayleys if desperate .

must be wine oclock !

Oh, you don't? I thought you did. Might've been Vazza who I discussed beer with then. Not sure now.

Wine FT huge MFW.

the tourist said:
By the way, everyone, I was almost killed today. Didn't know if I'd mentioned that yet.

... no, you hadn't. :ohmy:

What happened? Did Liam fuck things up and miss?

the tourist said:

Because Grace happens to be the worst closer in History.

I like Grace. It's got subtlety, unlike bollocks like Elevation. I think it's one of the four best songs on the album.

Alisaura said:

Best thing on the album, by a LONG way. :bow:

Yeah, though I'm rather fond of When I Look At The World too. Such a crime it never got the proper live treatment.

A bunch of cars slamming on their brakes in front of me. So I swerved into the next lane to the left (which was clear). The problem was, though, that the truck behind me (which was going around 25 miles per hour faster than me), decided to do the same thing at the exact same time as me. So as I started moving over into the lane, the truck came within millimeters of my car. I swerved back into my own lane (which had began moving at a steady pace again), and fishtailed like mad for what seemed like a minute (but was probably only about 10 seconds). I fully expected to get hit and roll while I was fishtaling.

coolian2 said:
Grace, Peace on Earth and When I Look At The World cop too much undeserved shit.

Take out TGBHF and WILATW is the best song on ATYCLB. It's one of the precious few with good lyrics, and the only one with a real guitar solo.

the tourist said:
A bunch of cars slamming on their brakes in front of me. So I swerved into the next lane to the left (which was clear). The problem was, though, that the truck behind me (which was going around 25 miles per hour faster than me), decided to do the same thing at the exact same time as me. So as I started moving over into the lane, the truck came within millimeters of my car. I swerved back into my own lane (which had began moving at a steady pace again), and fishtailed like mad for what seemed like a minute (but was probably only about 10 seconds). I fully expected to get hit and roll while I was fishtaling.

Fucking hell!

the tourist said:

Fuuuuck. Glad you're safe.

Yet another reason why I feel much better on the trams! A tram would win any argument with another vehicle.

coolian2 said:
Grace, Peace on Earth and When I Look At The World cop too much undeserved shit.

When I Look At The World is solid gold. The other two, not so much.

Axver said:

Fuuuuck. Glad you're safe.

Yet another reason why I feel much better on the trams! A tram would win any argument with another vehicle.

I had to pull over in a McDonalds parking lot until my hands stopped shaking after that.

coolian2 said:

They aren't great songs but they're better than EYKIW would have you believe

I like Peace On Earth better than Grace. To me, Grace suffers from atmospherics. Normally I wouldn't say that.... But it needed something more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom