Te Urewera National Park Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

i also will only sit in a window seat. i need the head support, and i love me a 30k feet sunrise or sunset or skyline.

When i was flying out of Australia a while back it was night on the ground and just the most magnificent sunset behind us once we climbed a bit.

The head support is good and you have a little bit of room to shift more away from the middle seat.

Axver said:

See, I insist upon the aisle. I hate being trapped in by people I don't know.

i like looking out the window but i also don't want anyone bugging me if they have to get up - i'd rather bug them

am i bugging you? i don't mean to bug you (yes you do bono)

the tourist said:

Oh shit. The Axver fails at something. :ohmy:

And eggs too. Though feed them to me if you want your wall redecorated.

Axver said:

And eggs too. Though feed them to me if you want your wall redecorated.

How do you bake ANYTHING without eggs? Aren't eggs in everything?

the tourist said:

I just like traveling with people. Therefore I get the window seat and don't feel trapped.

I almost always travel alone. I very rarely have someone to travel with. If I'm with someone, the window's fine. But by myself, the aisle is essential.

coolian2 said:
I can't fly without the window seat, i LOVE watching the world go by.
:yes: I was even enthralled by watching India and Afghanistan and Russia go by in the dark after we flew out of Singapore. We saw lightning in the distance over India... and once we got over Afghanistan and that part of the world, you could see the darker areas around the rivers (I assume that's what they were) with all the lights there. And we could see the hills and deserts in the moonlight... It took the sun an hour to rise over the Caspian sea behind us cos we were flying west... that was ten kinds of amazing. The clouds closed in over part of Europe but we got stunning veiws of early morning London as we were circling Heathrow. Saw all the landmarks, and the Thames and that big inlet thing were reflecting gold from the sun...

My ears hurt like a bitch on that descent, though. :grumpy:

coolian2 said:

I figure it's tough shit for them.

I can't wait to fly this summer. I really can't. I love flight. I don't know why I'm responding to you on this, but I am. It's probably because I'm only made out of Win.

the tourist said:

How do you bake ANYTHING without eggs? Aren't eggs in everything?

They aren't in Afghan biscuits!

And I have an egg replacer. Works very well. Once my friend's mother made two batches of pancakes, one with egg and one with the replacer. I was the only person there who knew which was which. None of the others could tell the difference.

Axver said:

I almost always travel alone. I very rarely have someone to travel with. If I'm with someone, the window's fine. But by myself, the aisle is essential.

I can see that. I've only traveled alone once. And I slept the whole way, so I didn't care.

the tourist said:

I can't wait to fly this summer. I really can't. I love flight. I don't know why I'm responding to you on this, but I am. It's probably because I'm only made out of Win.

Flying is fucking awesome.

I'm already planning more travel. Flying is made of Super Win.

I'm going to whore out my videos again.

http://youtube.com/user/coolian2

coolian2 said:

See my tough shit for them comment.

I love the view. Climbing over people is better than being climbed over.

No, I hate bugging people. I'd rather just get up and move for them. It's easier.

Axver said:

They aren't in Afghan biscuits!

And I have an egg replacer. Works very well. Once my friend's mother made two batches of pancakes, one with egg and one with the replacer. I was the only person there who knew which was which. None of the others could tell the difference.

Wow. I didn't know there was such a thing. I just made pancakes tonight. They were a little too thick. I think when I put in the cup of milk, it was only about 90% full. That extra 10% would've made the difference.

Alisaura said:

:yes: I was even enthralled by watching India and Afghanistan and Russia go by in the dark after we flew out of Singapore. We saw lightning in the distance over India... and once we got over Afghanistan and that part of the world, you could see the darker areas around the rivers (I assume that's what they were) with all the lights there. And we could see the hills and deserts in the moonlight... It took the sun an hour to rise over the Caspian sea behind us cos we were flying west... that was ten kinds of amazing. The clouds closed in over part of Europe but we got stunning veiws of early morning London as we were circling Heathrow. Saw all the landmarks, and the Thames and that big inlet thing were reflecting gold from the sun...

Watching some largish island in the Pacific at dawn with the orange city lights was awesome. I still have NO IDEA where it was.

And Siberia and Europe, wow.

Flying over Greenland, Canada and the US was really cool too. I loved seeing the Hoover Dam from 35,000 feet, and seeing cars on a highway. Really cool.

Update:

Total Posts: 681
User Posts
the tourist 203
coolian2 150
Axver 99
Varitek 67
Alisaura 50
unico 46
bono_man2002 39
lynnok 10
elevated_u2_fan 8
gabrielvox 3
TranceEnding 3
Sicy 3

I hate flying. It's boring, cramped, and I get the most fucking awful headaches across my forehead and around my eyes on descent.

the tourist said:

Flying really is made of SuperWin. With a bit of Amazing and Love mixed in.

the tourist said:

the tourist said:

the tourist said:

the tourist said:

Varitek said:
slow ont he refresh, i'm reading and slowly checking out of the thread

Well it is 12:30 there. By 12:30 here I hope to have my computer off. I've a test in the morning.

the tourist said:
Update:

Total Posts: 681
User Posts
the tourist 203
coolian2 150
Axver 99
Varitek 67
Alisaura 50
unico 46
bono_man2002 39
lynnok 10
elevated_u2_fan 8
gabrielvox 3
TranceEnding 3
Sicy 3

Wow, you're just owning us.

Axver said:
I hate flying. It's boring, cramped, and I get the most fucking awful headaches across my forehead and around my eyes on descent.

Huh. I've never experienced this. I like just putting on my headphones and watching the movie.

the most beautiful things i've ever seen from the air are several sunsets, the grand canyon and surrounding terrain, and the very very torquoise mediteranean ocean.

also landing at lax at night is pretty incredible, the lights go on as far as you can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom