Te Urewera National Park Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

Yeah, can you post me some, and the peanut butter cups?

God, i'm really craving some peanut butter/chocolate related sweets.

Quoted for TRUTH.

coolian2 said:
This is currently my favourite quote on Interference

Mofo studio isn't the best song on Pop.

Mofo live isn't the best song on Pop either, but it would be if it weren't for Please being out of this fucking world.

Axver said:
You do! It was truly epic. I think we created a piece of Interference folklore with that. I'm amazed. I thought it was as see-through as polished glass and that we'd barely get to the first song before being called out. I thought we'd just sit around listening to music and talking amongst ourselves!
Well, if you look at polished glass at the wrong angle, you just get your own desperation for U2 to do something reflected back at you.

</philosophy>

:wink:

Varitek said:

that went over your head i guess.

I'm just shocked you would have anything to do with that name. I probably hate the Yankees just as much as you.

Alisaura said:

I never realised, until I flew a long-haul flight as an adult, that I am in fact 80% leg.

:mad:

I cannot sleep on planes. That was the worst part of the whole trip.

I am short, and sleep way better than most on planes. I like the white noise and I can even sit cross legged in the chair but I always get awful neck cramps.

My favorite thing in the world is a long haul flight that's half empty where you can stretch across a whole row. that's happened to me 3 times and it's been absolutely amazing.

Alisaura said:

I never realised, until I flew a long-haul flight as an adult, that I am in fact 80% leg.

:mad:

I cannot sleep on planes. That was the worst part of the whole trip.

Heh, usually most planes have enough legroom for me to sitdown and have me knees just pushing into the seat a bit. The worst ever was my domestic Air NZ flight last year - i swear there was less legroom than on my bus, i couldn't believe i was able to sit down. My god it was a tight fit. Ironically, my next flight, on Pacific Blue my knees couldn't even touch the seat in front of me.

I'm glad i can sleep on planes. So long as i have the window seat.

I can't fly without the window seat, i LOVE watching the world go by.

bono_man2002 said:
Oh travelling is fun. I want to go back to America, and then visit the UK.

Traveling = :rockon:
Indeed...

But you must have been even more squashed than I was in those little aeroplane seats... :yikes:

Varitek said:

I am short, and sleep way better than most on planes. I like the white noise and I can even sit cross legged in the chair but I always get awful neck cramps.

My favorite thing in the world is a long haul flight that's half empty where you can stretch across a whole row. that's happened to me 3 times and it's been absolutely amazing.

I love mostly empty flights. :up:

the tourist said:

I'm just shocked you would have anything to do with that name. I probably hate the Yankees just as much as you.

it was in reference to an alter that's the anti-you or whatever. i figured posada would be it. though a-rod even more if you ignore position.

and tourist stop whining you can go out to the corner store and get some reese's. our poor upside down friends can't, they can just :drool: thinking about them. you've got to hand it to us americans, we know how to make a candy bar.

the tourist said:

Do we really? Don't we have enough as it is?

It got quiet a couple of times earlier. We can't have that, now can we? :wink:

Varitek said:
and tourist stop whining you can go out to the corner store and get some reese's. our poor upside down friends can't, they can just :drool: thinking about them. you've got to hand it to us americans, we know how to make a candy bar.

Wrong on multiple levels.

1. I'm allergic to nuts so I don't give a shit about this stuff you're going on about.
2. American chocolate is simply shithouse compared to ... anywhere else, really. I had to bring over an entire bag full of Australian confectionery when I went to the US because some folk there wanted it so badly.

Varitek said:

But I don't have money. :( I didn't realize they didn't have them down there.

Alisaura said:

Well, if you look at polished glass at the wrong angle, you just get your own desperation for U2 to do something reflected back at you.

</philosophy>

:wink:

:lol: Good one.

Varitek said:

I keep telling people there are disadvantages to being tall. That's the main one.

A whole row to sleep on... :drool:

All the planes I was on were packed except for the one from Dulles to Atlanta... and I spent the whole flight with my nose stuck to the window, in total awe at the fantastic things that can be done with three-dimensional clouds. :love:

coolian2 said:
I can't fly without the window seat, i LOVE watching the world go by.

See, I insist upon the aisle. I hate being trapped in by people I don't know.

Axver said:

Wrong on multiple levels.

1. I'm allergic to nuts so I don't give a shit about this stuff you're going on about.
2. American chocolate is simply shithouse compared to ... anywhere else, really. I had to bring over an entire bag full of Australian confectionery when I went to the US because some folk there wanted it so badly.

oh i never said anything about our chocolate, our chocolate is shit and i far prefer european chocolate although local chocolate shops do get it right sometimes. but our candy bars if you can eat nuts are great - reese's, baby ruth, snickers.

also york peppermint patties are fabulous

Axver said:

See, I insist upon the aisle. I hate being trapped in by people I don't know.
I just like traveling with people. Therefore I get the window seat and don't feel trapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom