Te Urewera National Park Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

EVEN NELSON AIRPORT LEAVES CHRISTCHURCH FOR DEAD. It's so fucking sad. Auckland International isn't bad but I prefer Wellington, truth be told. I guess because it's smaller and I find that more comfortable.

Wellington largely has what Auckland has, except it's accessible for everyone, instead of just the travellers.

I really loved Wellington Airport. I had THE NICEST sandwich ever from the Red Rock Cafe there.

Alisaura said:

My travel agent went to some pains to make sure I didn't have to travel through LAX... It sounds painful.

Apart from the scary customs (who missed our Tiny Teddies).....we had no problems at all with LAX.

Varitek said:

well i stayed basically til midnight anyway.

you suck, but i'll keep an eye out this weekend. sure you don't want help plotting?

i know...but now i've sparked curiosity. perhaps that's the fuel i need to finally unleash this puppy. i don't need help plotting for now, but i'll let you know if i do.

Mia! :hug: Just as I was thinking of finally getting off my arse and buying some strepsils (throat lozenges), too...

unico said:
well....i don't know if it will be that epic. save the whalers is untouchable forever.
:bow:

I must read that whole thing... I got seven pages in the other day before collapsing with laughter and having to go to bed. :grumpy:

coolian2 said:

Wellington largely has what Auckland has, except it's accessible for everyone, instead of just the travellers.

I really loved Wellington Airport. I had THE NICEST sandwich ever from the Red Rock Cafe there.

Oh, that Red Rock Cafe does worthwhile stuff? When I was there at about 5am in January, I got a rather tasteless muffin. The hot chocolate was almost too chocolatey even for me! But it was 5am, I didn't fucking care.

Varitek said:
Air Canada's my favorite airline ever.

how long have we been discussing trains planes and travel?

I can't wait to have a flight on Air NZs refurbished planes, i hear they're magnificent.

Our domestic planes suck, but the international ones are good. Pacific Blue, the only real low cost airline here have the nicest interiors, so much legroom :drool:

Axver said:

Oh, that Red Rock Cafe does worthwhile stuff? When I was there at about 5am in January, I got a rather tasteless muffin. The hot chocolate was almost too chocolatey even for me! But it was 5am, I didn't fucking care.

I got a very nice sandwich at least. Every trip to Wellington i'm going to keep sampling what they have there. Hopefully the quality stays nice and high.

coolian2 said:
Yeah, can you post me some, and the peanut butter cups?

God, i'm really craving some peanut butter/chocolate related sweets.
:drool:

I found a shop in Southland that sells Reese's.... Probably a good thing that it's not exactly convenient to get to whenever I have cravings. :giggle:

Alisaura said:
I must read that whole thing... I got seven pages in the other day before collapsing with laughter and having to go to bed. :grumpy:

You do! It was truly epic. I think we created a piece of Interference folklore with that. I'm amazed. I thought it was as see-through as polished glass and that we'd barely get to the first song before being called out. I thought we'd just sit around listening to music and talking amongst ourselves!

Alisaura said:
Mia! :hug: Just as I was thinking of finally getting off my arse and buying some strepsils (throat lozenges), too...

:bow:

:hug: that's okay i'm about to go to bed too. though it might take me awhile. my lard-ass dog climbed onto my bed and is snoring louder and louder, and slowily pushing me off. he's in for a rude awakening.

but alas, i've got work in the morn. i hope you feel better!!! enjoy the kunstmusem. it'll heal you faster than any lozenge ;)

night night scorched phalli!

Alisaura said:

I was in the UK for most of August last year... after that I did two weeks in various bits of the USA (Atlanta, Chicago, Hawaii) before coming home.

It was awesome. I want more. :drool:

Oh travelling is fun. I want to go back to America, and then visit the UK.

Traveling = :rockon:

unico said:

:hug: that's okay i'm about to go to bed too. though it might take me awhile. my lard-ass dog climbed onto my bed and is snoring louder and louder, and slowily pushing me off. he's in for a rude awakening.

but alas, i've got work in the morn. i hope you feel better!!! enjoy the kunstmusem. it'll heal you faster than any lozenge ;)

night night scorched phalli!

Good bye, i don't know where we'll meet again.

Axver said:
Same here ... mine deliberately routed me through San Francisco because LAX is such a shithole by the sounds of things.
I managed to go direct from Chicago to Honolulu, and then NZ/Aus. :up:

I am so behind. And curse your highly amusing sig, Mia... I've got that bloody song in my head now. :crazy:

coolian2 said:
Our domestic planes suck, but the international ones are good. Pacific Blue, the only real low cost airline here have the nicest interiors, so much legroom :drool:
I never realised, until I flew a long-haul flight as an adult, that I am in fact 80% leg.

:mad:

I cannot sleep on planes. That was the worst part of the whole trip.

Alisaura said:

I managed to go direct from Chicago to Honolulu, and then NZ/Aus. :up:

I am so behind. And curse your highly amusing sig, Mia... I've got that bloody song in my head now. :crazy:

To get to Nashville from the Gold Coast, I flew Coolangatta --> Sydney --> San Francisco --> Chicago --> Nashville. It was ironically cheaper and not that much longer than Brisbane --> LAX --> Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom