Te Urewera National Park Chat Superthread - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2008, 10:53 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:21 PM
i had an 8am or 9am each semester in my master's program. it was for the fail too. luckily i had great professors who kept us engaged and didn't mind if we brought breakfy to class.

i hope i never have another 8am for the rest of my life. however, since i'm considering getting a doctorate...i might not be so lucky.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Old 02-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

OH! that's what you meant by happy hour. omg...i want to go NOW!
ETA: the 8am thing. yeah i figured since i'm going for the health field i'm fucked for 8am for the rest of my life. i might as well get used to it.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

edited it. waaaay too big
Old 02-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #20
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico
i had an 8am or 9am each semester in my master's program. it was for the fail too. luckily i had great professors who kept us engaged and didn't mind if we brought breakfy to class.

i hope i never have another 8am for the rest of my life. however, since i'm considering getting a doctorate...i might not be so lucky.
I'm not sure if the Arts faculty at my uni even does anything before 9am. I've heard of other faculties having 8am classes though. I pity them. Personally, a number of my lecturers and course co-ordinators have pointblank refused to do anything before a certain time, e.g. 10am or 11am. I had one guy who only ever took courses in the afternoon. He was awesome.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

that sounds nice. in my later years in undergrad i never started earlier than 10am.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #22
Vocal parasite

I'm just hoping my luck with regards to Fridays holds out. This is my second-last semester before my Honours year, and so far, I've never gone in on a Friday. I'm bloody used to my three day weekends, heh.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

right now I teach an 8 am class 2x week. I have a lab at 8 and two other 2.5 hr classes at 8 as well. then I go to clinic three days til 1. One day I'm at Children's hospital and the other I work at a practice for people who are physically challenged. Friday I have surgery 2x a month.

I'm happier that this semester is my last and lightest one
Old 02-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

3 day weekends ftmfw!
lynnok - that's a light load?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #25
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by lynnok
right now I teach an 8 am class 2x week. I have a lab at 8 and two other 2.5 hr classes at 8 as well. then I go to clinic three days til 1. One day I'm at Children's hospital and the other I work at a practice for people who are physically challenged. Friday I have surgery 2x a month.

I'm happier that this semester is my last and lightest one
... you call that light? I hate to think what your previous semesters were like!

I like being kept productive myself, but not kept too busy.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie

actually it is. I get home most days at 3 or 4. Last year I was gone until 10 pm every night.

Next year will be bad again but I figure I'm used to it

Oh, and I have a PT job in there as well
Old 02-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

yeah, in grad school last year i worked anywhere from 40-60 hours per week (only getting paid for 20) and took 12 credit hours each semester. suuuuucccccck
Old 02-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #28
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by lynnok
actually it is. I get home most days at 3 or 4. Last year I was gone until 10 pm every night.

Next year will be bad again but I figure I'm used to it

Oh, and I have a PT job in there as well
10pm? Oh dear. That sounds like just a bit much! Did you at least get a later start with that? Though I'm not sure I'd be happy about 10pm even with a later start!

I must admit I first read "PT job" as "Porcupine Tree job" and nearly got excited. They truly have become my favourite band. Mmm, Porcupine Tree.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-27-2008, 11:24 AM   #29
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
yeah, in grad school last year i worked anywhere from 40-60 hours per week (only getting paid for 20) and took 12 credit hours each semester. suuuuucccccck
Now you lot are getting me worried. I'm planning to go on and get my Masters and PhD in History.

Then again, it sounds like Aussie undergrad is a bludge compared to US undergrad (yet somehow the Uni of Melbourne still one of the top 20 in the world), so hopefully the same holds true for postgrad!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Now you lot are getting me worried. I'm planning to go on and get my Masters and PhD in History.

Then again, it sounds like Aussie undergrad is a bludge compared to US undergrad (yet somehow the Uni of Melbourne still one of the top 20 in the world?), so hopefully the same holds true for postgrad!
my grad was in higher education and student affairs (or educational leadership and policy studies...they can't decide on a name, neither can my school.) so my assistantship was also in student affairs. residence life one year and campus programming the next. thus, they could get away with milking us for our hours. on the plus side, tuition was free

i hear higher education in general is way different in the u.s. compared to the rest of the world. for example, MA programs are only one year, PhDs probably don't take a billion years to finish like they do here, and undergrad has a much more specialized curriculum from w hat i understand.

Tags
superthread