Te Urewera National Park Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:
Actually, I lied, Ali. On the forum page, click on the "total posts" button for this particular thread and it will show that breakout.
Dammit, I totally bought that you had a tally sheet. :lol: :der:

See, I am sick! Not stupid. :yes:

the tourist said:

That's insane! I've had iPod troubles before and have had to go to apple.com to figure it out. Sadly, I think my iPod is near death.

I just found some stuff on the internetz and followed instructions. It now works again, though the case is a little damaged.

When yours was stolen did you try totally reinstalling everything?

coolian2 said:

I'd laugh my arse off if there was someone from Interference at my university.

It would be, genuinely, the most shocking thing ever.

I would too.

Hi Ali. Sorry I'm just in briefly cause I'd opened these tabs to respond to earlier...

where is Axver anyway?

OK I'm out

the tourist said:

How the fuck did I wind up 3rd? I was gone all fucking day!

But when you ARE here, you really postwhore it up!

the tourist said:

Lucky bastard. See, I can write the essays. I just don't like doing the research.

The research is the best part! Especially if I'm lucky enough to be doing anything connected with New Zealand, then it's just droolworthy.

But this is probably why I'm becoming a historian.

lynnok said:

Are you in the Humanities or Arts? From what I hear about Humanities and Arts here in the US if you dare to have an original opinion you'll be rewarded with a D.

Sciences can be a little more "in your face"

I'm in the Humanities and we've always been encouraged to be original. Perhaps it's hot air. I mean, we're undergrad n00bs. But the one time I did something that I felt was a truly original argument rather than just arguing something people had said before with a veneer of originality, I got a note back saying "this is one of those rare essays I both mark and take notes from". That felt exceptionally good.

Hi, i just watched some guys hacking bodies up to burn them in Lumumba, a movie I am watching for class. it's dark in here and the computer is totally screwing with my pupils

Axver said:

I'm in the Humanities and we've always been encouraged to be original. Perhaps it's hot air. I mean, we're undergrad n00bs. But the one time I did something that I felt was a truly original argument rather than just arguing something people had said before with a veneer of originality, I got a note back saying "this is one of those rare essays I both mark and take notes from". That felt exceptionally good.

don't know who you were quoting, Ax, but I totally disagree with them. Humanities/Arts/Soc Sci definitely reward original work and opinions, in accademia obviously you won't get far if you aren't original but it's true in undergrad too.

Varitek said:

don't know who you were quoting, Ax, but I totally disagree with them. Humanities/Arts/Soc Sci definitely reward original work and opinions, in accademia obviously you won't get far if you aren't original but it's true in undergrad too.

Yeah. I'm frankly glad I've chosen Kiwi history, as there's so much that hasn't been done yet, so I don't have as many worries about finding something original as, say, a World War II historian. I feel sorry for anybody right now with a major World War II interest. There's just been so much done already! Finding something original that more than three people give a shit about must be hard. "The impact of World War II on carrot production in New Zealand market gardens during 1942" probably hasn't been done ... and probably for a bloody good reason!

Varitek said:
Hi, i just watched some guys hacking bodies up to burn them in Lumumba, a movie I am watching for class. it's dark in here and the computer is totally screwing with my pupils

That sounds ... pleasant.

I, uh, think I'll stick with just catching up on you postwhores.

the tourist said:

I like being close to civilization too much for that. :wink:

Melbourne = most civilised city in the world.

Trust me on this one.

the tourist said:
As a side note, the package I thought would be arriving today didn't. But when I was walking to my mailbox, I looked in the front window of my neighbor's house from the sidewalk and noticed they still have their Christmas tree up!

A few nights ago, I took the rubbish out late, and as I came back in, I noticed one of my neighbours still had Christmas lights around the edge of one of their windows. WTF, people.

the tourist said:
Ahhh. I see. I think notAxver is the classiest alter ever created.

It's also completely ripped off from notbeli.

the tourist said:
I feel sorry for the people who later will read through all of this drivel just to stay caught up. :tsk:

:mad:

It's probably just me doing catching up anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom