Te Puke, Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, it's really hurt me in terms of subject selection. In PolSci especially, where this year I've done a couple of subjects I really couldn't give a shit about but I wanted to complete the major.

Now I wish I'd just done a double major in History.

I thought the History department was the one that got the most screwed over?

Missed the first hour, which I'm told was the interesting hour. :sad:

See, we were rubbishing it here. I made some remark about how I wished you were online to critique how it was stereotypically representing Chinese culture. :lol:

Oh Ax, by the way, how'd the remaster purchasing thing go?

It's on its way. They've given me the wonderfully precise delivery date of 3-28 September!

See, we were rubbishing it here. I made some remark about how I wished you were online to critique how it was stereotypically representing Chinese culture. :lol:

It's on its way. They've given me the wonderfully precise delivery date of 3-28 September!

Well, it was directed by Zhang Yimou, or so I heard, so I'm not surprised at all. But hey, he's done worse. Hero was good for fighting, and like ecstacy on weed in terms of plot structure and pretty much everything else.

And :hyper: Y'know, we could've just gotten the UABRS remasters with it and it'd probably have arrived round the same time...

I thought the History department was the one that got the most screwed over?

Oh yeah, but the subjects left aren't total rubbish. Some of what's left in PolSci ... well, I can see why it's left, but it's not anything I'd care to do. If I was doing a double major in History, life would be pretty difficult, but I'd still be able to find stuff to do that I'd enjoy.

Looks like the department's getting further screwed beyond this year, though. I know History In The Field (through which I did my RHSV placement) is gone as of next year.

Well, it was directed by Zhang Yimou, or so I heard, so I'm not surprised at all. But hey, he's done worse. Hero was good for fighting, and like ecstacy on weed in terms of plot structure and pretty much everything else.

And :hyper: Y'know, we could've just gotten the UABRS remasters with it and it'd probably have arrived round the same time...

I'm amazed that just about everybody else loved the Opening Ceremony, while those of us who were on the thread on Friday were bored and criticised just about everything! I generally found it slow, tedious, and fairly uninteresting. Well choreographed and plenty of flash technology, but ... meh. Not to mention the propaganda elements either.

Haha, yeah, kind of sad. I wonder where will be the cheapest place to pick up UABRS ...

Oh yeah, but the subjects left aren't total rubbish. Some of what's left in PolSci ... well, I can see why it's left, but it's not anything I'd care to do. If I was doing a double major in History, life would be pretty difficult, but I'd still be able to find stuff to do that I'd enjoy.

Looks like the department's getting further screwed beyond this year, though. I know History In The Field (through which I did my RHSV placement) is gone as of next year.

If they take out History In The Field, where are people meant to get experience in being a historian? Even Theology has a similar subject...

I'm amazed that just about everybody else loved the Opening Ceremony, while those of us who were on the thread on Friday were bored and criticised just about everything! I generally found it slow, tedious, and fairly uninteresting. Well choreographed and plenty of flash technology, but ... meh. Not to mention the propaganda elements either.

Haha, yeah, kind of sad. I wonder where will be the cheapest place to pick up UABRS ...

I still haven't seen it, and I doubt I will unless it's on TV.

And UABRS will be cheapest at JB almost without a doubt at all. It's where I buy music all the time now. Hell, I was in today and they were selling the JT single CD remaster disc for $15!

If they take out History In The Field, where are people meant to get experience in being a historian? Even Theology has a similar subject...

Exactly what I was wondering! It's all kinds of fucked up. I suppose they think they should just shovel everybody into postgrad and pass that off as "experience" ... means more $$$ ...

I still haven't seen it, and I doubt I will unless it's on TV.

And UABRS will be cheapest at JB almost without a doubt at all. It's where I buy music all the time now. Hell, I was in today and they were selling the JT single CD remaster disc for $15!

Yeah, but will JB be able to beat Amazon? Though in this case, I'm not so sure I want to wait for delivery. Waiting even until late September for the albums is cool, but I want UABRS as soon as I can have it.

OH FOR GOD'S SAKE, CHANNEL 7, STOP SHOWING LIESEL JONES'S GOLD MEDAL WIN. THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE FOURTH TIME TODAY YOU'VE SHOWN THAT IMMATURE TWAT'S RACE.

There's quality equestrian showjumping on right now too! :rant:

OH FOR GOD'S SAKE, CHANNEL 7, STOP SHOWING LIESEL JONES'S GOLD MEDAL WIN. THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE FOURTH TIME TODAY YOU'VE SHOWN THAT IMMATURE TWAT'S RACE.

There's quality equestrian showjumping on right now too! :rant:

:lol: "No, they're not biased at all..."

Yeah, but will JB be able to beat Amazon? Though in this case, I'm not so sure I want to wait for delivery. Waiting even until late September for the albums is cool, but I want UABRS as soon as I can have it.

In that case, I'd suggest JB, or can't you just order it from Amazon now? I thought they'd send it out ASAP or something once it was available for purchase.

In that case, I'd suggest JB, or can't you just order it from Amazon now? I thought they'd send it out ASAP or something once it was available for purchase.

I imagine I'll get it from JB, since the postage costs from Amazon would probably offset any advantage I'd gain, and it'd take a while for it to get to me even though they'll send it out as soon as they can.

Hmmm, one of my friends is trying to get me in on his new business idea selling something called "Mona-Vie" juice.

Me being me, I'm a cynical bastard and I'm pretty sure that it isn't going to work that well long-term, or if it does it'll not be beneficial for someone in the long run. However, me being me, I'm interested in looking at the idea.

:lol: "No, they're not biased at all..."

Hell, even their equestrian coverage is bad. They needed the Germans to have a bad run to help out Australia, so the commentator was encouraging everybody to hope that the German rider makes mistakes. :|

Hmmm, one of my friends is trying to get me in on his new business idea selling something called "Mona-Vie" juice.

Me being me, I'm a cynical bastard and I'm pretty sure that it isn't going to work that well long-term, or if it does it'll not be beneficial for someone in the long run. However, me being me, I'm interested in looking at the idea.

Hah, I've always been suspicious of my friends' business ideas, but I've never really had to put anything on the line since they're lazy bastards who are all talk!

Holy shit, what happened to the once-brilliant US-AUS exchange rate?

It's plummeted a bit! Though I saw a news report earlier tonight where economists were predicting it'd get back close to parity by December.

I think the people in this library think I'm weird.

When I popped onto Interference recently at a university library, I think the blueness of Interference gave me away and earned me an odd look from one woman as she walked by.

I wish these equestrian commentators would stop wishing for things to go wrong for Germany so that Australia can win. It's getting beyond repetitive and irritating. Not that I'd expect any better from Channel 7, but still, wishing ill on some of the people competing out there isn't very professional.

Oh by the way Ax, you'd've quite like the band that played today, Martin Martini and the Bone Palace Orchestra, right down your alley in terms of musical style I think. I wanted to buy their CD but didn't have enough money, so I'll be looking out for an album online :shifty: seeing as I couldn't find it in stores.

The frontman did say, "If you guys don't have enough money, just pool it and get one copy and burn it or whatever", so I don't feel bad about looking for a torrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom