Te Puke, Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jen! I'm definitely getting better, but still not spectacular.

You sure you want the beach clips? I thought you were avoiding that sort of stuff? Or is it just Ali who's doing that?

Hey Jen! I'm definitely getting better, but still not spectacular.

You sure you want the beach clips? I thought you were avoiding that sort of stuff? Or is it just Ali who's doing that?

no ali is conciously avoiding it , i am in hmmm so so basket, is it worth listening to or is it wind tunnel quality ??

no ali is conciously avoiding it , i am in hmmm so so basket, is it worth listening to or is it wind tunnel quality ??

It's definitely not the worst clips we've had, and you can fairly distinctly make out things like guitar solos, but most lyrics are lost and the quality is certainly unimpressive. I've only listened on dodgy iPod earbuds; I imagine it would sound worse on speakers though.

I'll send it over so you can download/listen if you want.

So, do you see any potential in the songs, Ax?

Yeah, I'm now a bit more excited about hearing the album properly. But I remember what happened with beach clips in 2004, so I'm trying not to get too excited or carried away just yet. Especially since I can't make out lyrics, and as Native Son/Vertigo proves, lyrics can make or break things.

:reject: yea I haven't checked this thread in a while, and when I did nobody I knew was here...

:kiss: haithar!

:tsk: yes you did miss my birthday Jen! I kept waiting and waiting for you guys to send Bono over, but did you ever???? :angry:

The second song is ending better than it started, but it certainly sounds bloated.

We already knew this one from another clip ... I didn't dig it then, and I'm still not so into it. The third song is my least favourite, though.

The first one seems like it's got potential though, especially with that solo.

GG2, I was hoping you'd turn up when we hit Monster about nine threads ago. It seemed like the only appropriate place to go after the One Tree Hill thread turned into a monster - we finished it in four hours flat!

Wow four hours! NICE!

:lol: I'm afraid I misse dthat one!

:uhoh: am I being ignorant tat I deliberately do not want to listen to the new songs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom