TCU- BCS Bowl or Not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ME3

Refugee
If TCU goes undefeated do you feel they should be invited to play in a BCS bowl? Even though their strenghth of schedule is low, it is very difficult to go undefeated. I think they should.

TCU should not only be in a BCS bowl, they should be in the championship game against oklahoma... where they'd get killed, but eh... dems the breaks.:shrug: are they the second best team? absolutely not... USC, ohio state, michigan... all better teams. but if a team plays a D1 schedule, goes undefeated, and doesn't get at the very least a BCS bid, then plain and simple, the BCS does not work, and you need to go to a short playoff system. i dunno... that's how i feel.

8 team playoff is the way to go

maybe even 6 teams, with the top 2 teams getting a bye

I like a 16 team playoff or 12 with 4 getting a bye, gets a few more teams in the mix.

As for TCU...argument will end tonight, cause they will lose to Souithern Miss just like BYU lost to Hawaii 2 yrs ago ending their claim. If however they do end up unbeaten, I think they should get a BCS berth for sure. They need a couple of teams above them to lose again so they end up top 6 in the BCS and guaranteed a BCS bid. Its plausible, Ohio St is an underdog Sat at Mich (of course Michigan will then likely vault TCU in the BCS), LSU could lose to Ole Miss or Ark; USC could fall to UCLA or Org St.
If the history of the BCS shows us anything, its that the teams trying to win late to get that no. 2 slot seem to falter...remember Nebraska sitting back watching teams above them fall after their schedule was complete 2 yrs ago and getting the no 2 slot even though Colorado had blown their doors off...and they proved how well the BCS works with their dismal showing against Miami.

the trouble with a 16 team playoff is that its 4 games to win, thats a lot of games to determine the campionship

theyd have to cut down the regular season by a game or two, and theyd have to cut it down for everyone, because who knows would make the playoffs, and then all the teams that dont make it to the playoffs will lose the revenue of those couple extra games

do you do a lot of sports gambling? it seems like you are always correct with your predicitons, especially in the pick 'em thread.

although if i would have bet tonight i would have been a little worried about that comeback.

What an amazing comeback by TCU. I bet the BCS people are breathing a little easier this morning.

still think there should be a playoff system... a 16 team playoff system would be too big and too long... i think the most they could do is 6... similar to what each NFL conference does... or 8... but 4 would be more reasonable. the more games, the farther you push into college basketball season... college football is deffinetly the ncaa's #1 money maker, but college hoops is their #2... so they don't wanna be pushing too far into their #2 season. a 16 team playoff means 4 games... now you're looking at a mid to late january end of season... giving basketball only a month or so in the spotlight before tournament time.

Chizip said:
do you do a lot of sports gambling? it seems like you are always correct with your predicitons, especially in the pick 'em thread.
I do my share...which is more than I should. :)
I've been in a pretty decent groove the past few weeks with football which has coincided with when you started the pick'em thread here (Perhaps I owe you some thanks), lets see if we can keep it up for tomorrow:
While everyone focuses on Mich/Ohio St, I like the other Michigan team, the one from East Lansing Saturday.
Mich State laying 5 to Penn State.

i did some online sports gambling myself back in the day

man oh man, i probably aged 10 years because of it, the pressure was intense

nothing like watching the last baseball game of a 6 game parlay with over 10 grand on the line :yikes:

well i started out with just 200 bucks. i madea couple normal bets and a couple long shot parlays on some baseball games, my betting sport of choice

i ended up hitting a long shot and was up about 3 grand, so i was like, that was easy, im gonna do that again, and ending up losing about 2 grand the next night

and man, i hate losing with a passion, so i was pissed and ending up stupidly betting the last grand on a couple more long shot parlays for the next day

well i spent all day hitting balls at the driving range to relieve the stress and when i finally went home and checked the scores i saw that for one of my bets all the teams i picked had won with 1 game remaining. and wouldnt you know it, it was the sunday night baseball game of the week on espn, so i could watch it.

man oh man, that was the most nervewrecking game of my life. the only alcohol i had to relieve the stress was a bottle of champaigne and i was done with that by the end of the 3rd inning. it was a back and forth game with a lot of offense so it was killing me and i have never screamed at the tv so much

but, i did end up winning the bet and i havent bet on a sporting event since, i decided i couldnt take that pressure anymore. besides, gambling has a way of evening out, so i didnt want to risk losing it all.

it's funny, it was actually interference that led to my online gambling ways. there was a news story on interference that there was a website where you could bet on the first song played by u2 at halftime of the superbowl. and then there was another thread where somebody had been in for rehearsal and said what that beautiful day was going to be the first song. soooo, i made my way to the website, put downb a healthy bet and walked away with the easiest money of my life. im just hoping u2 gets to play another halftime show.

Last edited:
I will say that sometimes its easier to just check scores the next morning on ESPN than to watch certain games. I've grown to hate most kickers as a result of gambling, cause invariably a missed fg or worse extra point will cost a cover somewhere along the line.
Winning money on U2, thats good stuff. Being a Pats fan, I had a good day gambling that day as well.

The only time I thought the fix was in was when the midwestern refs called back Tebucky Jones TD return of Warner's fumble that should have made it 24-3 in the 4th on a phantom holding call on Willie McGinest. :)
I did figure U2 playing boded well for the Pats due to their Boston connection, and the whole post 9-11 patriotic theme seemed to give you a sense that someone wanted to see the "Patriots" win.

the patriots were practically tackling the rams recievers while they were trying to run their routes, yet no calls

you know the nfl actually sent a letter of apology to the rams for how poorly the gasme was called?

talk about a sad state of affairs

But did Mike Martz send a letter of apology to the Rams for how poorly their offensive plays were called?
(If you have a Marshall Faulk in your backfield, give him the ball!)

martz actually has said he wish he would have thrown more in that super bowl

the guy is a bit of a nut job, i flip flop on whether i like him or not

right now he is driving me crazy that he wont put warner back in, everyone can see bulger doesnt have it

Back
Top Bottom