Tattoos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyYourKite

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Since there's a piercing post, I thought I'd create one for those oh-so-lovable tattoos :wink: Forgive me if there's already been a thread but I can't search so I just went with it.

I only have one but am thinking about my second. I'm having a really hard time deciding where to get the second....hmm....anyway, here's a picture:

IMG_0206.jpg

Feel free to share what you have/want! :wink:

ooh there hasn't been one of these for a while :hyper: (i'm being serious, btw)

i've still got the same four i've had for years now. i'm gonna be adding a fifth one soon but i've not decided on what (or the location). i was thinking the inside of my ankle since i'm totally uncreative. anyone had one there before? i've been told it hurts more than the outside of your ankle does :yikes:

left wrist:
343%3A294323232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3Dxroqdf%3E2323384%3A8%3B259ot1lsi

right wrist:
343%3A294323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3Dxroqdf%3E2323384%3A8%3B25%3Aot1lsi

right ankle:
343%3A294323232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3Dxroqdf%3E2323384%3A8%3B25%3Bot1lsi

left ankle:
343%3A294323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3Dxroqdf%3E2323384%3A8%3B258ot1lsi

Ooo nice ones Khanada! :yes:

I've always wanted one on my wrist but can't for professional reasons :madspit:

I don't know anyone who has one on the inside of their ankle so I can't be of much help to you. But I have heard that it hurts more than the outside!

Any suggestions on where to get my second one? It needs to be hidden when necessary...stupid nursing :wink:

do you always wear pants? if so you could get one on your ankle. that's why i get my tattoos where i do, so i can always hide them if i need to for a job.

i'd love to get like a band or something around my finger (not like a wedding ring type thing, i was thinking on my right index finger) but that is so noticeable, lol. plus hand and feet tattoos fade quicker (the parlour i go to told me you shed your skin faster on your hands and feet) and a lot of places won't provide free touch-ups on hand and feet tattoos. :rant:

my camera is out off batteries right now, but here's a pretty good idea of what I have.
Oingo boingo
flames
sacred heart
stars
asian symbol
dragon
an angel

left arm-
a big star
small stars
a swallow heart and flower
deck of cards
dice

3793417224829_l.jpg

I've two.

One is a Tibetan knot, symbolizing compassion, on my lower back. I don't have any pics online of it.

The second is my newest. Here's a REALLY fuzzy picture of it when it was still in the 'ugly duckling' healing phase, so the lines really aren't that thick--but you get the picture...
32261tattoo.jpg

I need to stop...they are addicting!

FlyYourKite said:
Those are all so awesome looking!

Where is that heart in a suitcase, stars? Looks like leg...maybe arm? Can't quite tell :wink:

What were the 3 tattoos you wanted again DG?

-Rose on a stem on my lower back

-Aries symbol on my left or right ankle

-Ring of 4-leaf clovers on my right big toe

This is my first (& only for right now)... got it - wow! - 4 years ago as my 30th birthday pressie to myself. :D :up: It's on my right ankle. And Khanada, to answer your question - it hurt like a bitch, all the way around!! :yikes: You just got to want it bad enough to ignore the pain. (this took an hour & 1/2, by the way.)
343%3A2%3B2323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2334%3D963%3D8%3A5%3DXROQDF%3E2323582473%3A53ot1lsi
343%3A2%3B2323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2334%3D963%3D8%3A5%3DXROQDF%3E2323582473%3A54ot1lsi

This is my NEXT tat & my official U2 one. :wink: The colors will be filled in more than this image so that they're solid (instead of the faded, aged look) & I want to darken the "2" to a more charcoal grey or even black. Just can't figure out where to put the darn thing!! :shrug:
343%3A2%3B2323232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3243%3E872%3E7%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D323296%3B8%3A56%3B4nu0mrj

Last edited:
BluRmGrl said:
And Khanada, to answer your question - it hurt like a bitch, all the way around!! :yikes: You just got to want it bad enough to ignore the pain. (this took an hour & 1/2, by the way.)
:laugh: yeah, the one on my right ankle took that long as well, cuz of all the detail. i remember my leg would jerk a little at times because of the pain, i guess. the guy was super cool about it so :up:

The rose?

Is it just because you have to look at it all the time, the design, or a combination thereof?

I always thought it would be clever to get a wristwatch tattoo on one's wrist... but I'm sure the novelty would wear off and I'd cut off my hand or something. -_-

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
The rose?

Is it just because you have to look at it all the time, the design, or a combination thereof?

It's ugly and I dont like that its on my hand. But it was a cover up because when I was 16 I was an idiot and tatooed my bf's name on my hand :|
By myself. :|

No pics here, but I have a dragonfly on my right ankle. I really want another tattoo, but I can't decide what or where. I'm thinking something U2 on my lower back, just haven't decided on the perfect pic.

I'm not getting my tattoo(s) for at least 10 months, but do certain areas hurt more than others would when getting a tattoo there? (i.e. getting a tattoo on your back would hurt more than getting it on your arm or something).

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:

I always thought it would be clever to get a wristwatch tattoo on one's wrist... but I'm sure the novelty would wear off and I'd cut off my hand or something. -_-

That drives me insane just thinking about it. It would always be the same time!! :crack:

tattoomegan.jpg

daygloeyes2 said:
I'm not getting my tattoo(s) for at least 10 months, but do certain areas hurt more than others would when getting a tattoo there? (i.e. getting a tattoo on your back would hurt more than getting it on your arm or something).
Any tat's going to hurt -- you're piercing your skin with needles, dude! :wink: - but from what I've been told, areas with more fat and/or muscle hurt less than those without. For example, your upper arm (bicep area) would hurt less than the center of your back. A tat on your tummy should hurt less than one on your ankle. Remember though, everybody's got their own pain thresholds & tolerances... what one can sit through without too much discomfort might make another pass out from the pain! :yikes:

Like I said earlier, you just have to want the end result enough to deal with entire process.

daygloeyes2 said:

Yes and no...It really can depend on your own personal pain tolerance. Tattoos don't hurt in the sense of getting a shot or something...it's like a constant dull scratching.

There are certain spots on the body that tend to be more sensitive, usually where there is less body fat and it's closer to the bone. But it really can be subective. :shrug:

Neither of mine bothered me at all...they were kinda relaxing in a wierd way. Those with 'em most likely know what I mean. :huh:

starsgoblue said:

Yes and no...It really can depend on your own personal pain tolerance. Tattoos don't hurt in the sense of getting a shot or something...it's like a constant dull scratching.

There are certain spots on the body that tend to be more sensitive, usually where there is less body fat and it's closer to the bone. But it really can be subective. :shrug:

Neither of mine bothered me at all...they were kinda relaxing in a wierd way. Those with 'em most likely know what I mean. :huh:

I'm with stars on this one. :wink: I actually liked what it felt like. Sure, there were some moments when it got a little irritating (kinda feels like hot sandpaper rubbing constantly on your skin), but overall....it was almost relaxing! Makes no sense I know...

I'm sure you'll be fine DG. Mine didn't hurt NEARLY as bad as I was prepared for. Maybe you should go in thinking it's gonna be the worst pain of your life, and then you'll be pleasantly surprised :lol:

I wanna tell you guys a funny story. I got a few of my tattoos when I was 16. I had to hide them from MR BAW cause I asked if I could get one but he said not till your 18 and out of the house, hehe, so I got a couple anyway. I didnt even get carded at the shop. so its summertime and we had a jacuzzi, and It looks pretty funny when you are in it wearing a t shirt all the time. so one day MR BAW was looking for the universal remote control cause I took it into my room after they went to sleep ( cause I lost mine to my tv). and I sleep with no shirt on ever, and I was caught. the whole next day he was saying, check this out, and tapping his arms. I was like, what on earth are you doing. he kept tapping his arms all day at me till I finally went " oh crap". He had found out and I was busted. He didnt go to crazy about it, just cause it was like an episode of " america's dumbest criminals" so we actually got somewhat of a laugh out of it.
love ya MR BAW!

Back
Top Bottom