Tattoo ideas...need help please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LoriHewson

The Fly
I have been really thinking on getting a tattoo lately. I have wanted one forever and now that I have the money for it, I can't decide...lol. I know I want it to be U2 related and also something related to my brother...he just went through the roughest 7 months of his life...he was diagnosed with leukemia in February, and luckily he just got the all clear from the docs...CANCER FREE!!

I was thinking on either the Dove from ATYCLB with a B in it's beak(brother's name is Bill)....or...can someone help me with this...didn't U2 have a symbol that was a heart with wings? I am having a complete brain fart right now and would really like to have a pic of the heart with wings. So what do you guys think?

Lori:mac:

I think the hearts with wings were on the cover of IGWSHA.

:hmm:

I think they were on other cover(s) too.

Is this them?

ang.jpg

martha said:
The heart with wings will look nice. Are you thinking of color or black and gray?

Also, where on your body are you thinking of? What size?

hmmm...I haven't really thougt about black and gray...that would look neat. I'm going to see if I can get my friend to drawn it up in both now and then I can see which one I like better...lol. Placement wise I was thinking sholder blade area or maybe even high upper arm...size would be maybe 4"x4". I still have some thinking to do, as it is my first tattoo, but any info or suggestions are greatly welcomed.

i will suggest you to get

BILL

but that should be in some other script..

something like BILL in chinese script or something like that.. if the script looks good

if it is something about U2...add something which isnt that obvious..

thats my style

it shouldnt be obvious :wink:

Last edited:
AcrobatMan said:
i will suggest you to get

BILL

but that should be in some other script..

something like BILL in chinese script or something like that.. if the script looks good

if it is something about U2...add something which isnt that obvious..

thats my style

it shouldnt be obvious :wink:

Thanks :) With all these ideas my friend is going to fun drawing them up...lol :ohmy:

meegannie said:
The heart with wings (and personalized a bit) would be a great shoulder blade tattoo. :drool:

Thanks :) Do you have any tattoos? I have wanted one forever now, but have been just too chicken...lol. Now is a perfect time, so I thought "hey why not...you only live once.".

Go visit some tattoo shops this weekend and ask to look at the artists' portfolios. You'll get some ideas about color vs. black and gray, and you'll see how things look on different parts of the body. You'll also get to see which artist's work matches what you want to have done. Go to bookstores and thumb through tat mags to get more ideas. You don't want exactly what other people have, but you can get some ideas to mull over.

Back
Top Bottom