Tara, I'll take a ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
...Venti, Caramel Mac, with whipped cream.....
Soif16.gif
:wink:

Actually in starbucks terms that would be a venti with whip caramel mach :wink:
If you say the things out of order and you work with a mean person like me I wont take the order until you say it right :evil:

:shifty:
Quad venti sugar free hazelnut latte :wink:
I made so many drinks today I dont know if I can do any more :crack:
Starsgoblue works there too....how bout some backup :p

....I've always wondered what Starbucks employees think when someone uses the wrong terminology......:rolleyes:

I have a friend that is a manager at one location in Pasadena, California....she always gives me a pound of coffee when I see her...I guess you get that every week?

Starbucks seems so uppity and snobby. If I did drink coffee, I'd feel too intimidated to go there. :lol:

Well if you live in California, there is a common look between the employees of Tower Records, Hot Topic, Border's and Starbucks.
But if Tara and Stargoblue work there....then it only happens in California......go figure.:shrug: :laugh:

I had no idea u2bonogirl and starsgoblue worked at starbucks...can they hook me up with that special Bob Dylan cd? We have just one starbucks location in the province...tucked inside Chapters bookstore (maybe just a Canadian thing?). It's a highly addictive environment, with every u2 book available to peoplekind, right next to all those late- Mocca-I-can-never-remember-the-names-of drinks. It's a special treat when I go there, because I live hours away. Everytime I do go, however, I violate the "do not bring Chapter's merchandise into Starbucks" rule. I can't help it....all those great books and great drinks....pretty close to heaven:wink:

u2bonogirl said:
Actually in starbucks terms that would be a venti with whip caramel mach :wink:
If you say the things out of order and you work with a mean person like me I wont take the order until you say it right :evil:

:shifty:
Quad venti sugar free hazelnut latte :wink:
I made so many drinks today I dont know if I can do any more :crack:
Starsgoblue works there too....how bout some backup :p

If I recall correctly, the store where you work at is in Virginia, right? :hmm:

* thinks that Tara should advertise her store to generate traffic from Interferencers * :D

I've never had a cup of coffee in my life, but if I did, I'd probably die at Starbucks since I'd have NO clue what I was ordering!

I don't think the Starbucks' around here are too bright. They hired one of my high school friends who is honestly a klepto (she's shoplifted, stolen $300 from someones bank account, stolen cash from pretty much all of my other friends, stolen my little sister's lunch money, etc) and they let her work the register. :tsk:

Oh goodness, how did I miss this? :laugh:

My personal fav: double tall almond soy no whip white mocha :drool:

WildHoney, you say "nonfat" at Starbucks....cause the cup code for nonfat is "N" and soy milk is "S"...so ya know there'd be alot confusion if we said skim/skinny, but people say it all the time...:wink:

Last edited:
If someone refused to take my order because I didn't conform to the newest pseudo latte set language, I'd get them fired for abysmal failure of customer service :up:

The only reason we have a certain way of calling drinks is to help get the drink made right and out the door...not because we're elitist snobs. People aren't down with the lingo and it's fine, we know what you mean when you say you want a small vanilla two shot skinny latte. Alot of stores won't even mark the cups so it's just called out from the register to the person making the drinks and it gets hectic if there is a bunch of different things being called out and there no common 'language' and there is a pile of cups building up and people without thier caffiene fix....thankfully my store marks the cups so there's less confusion. :uhoh:

It's really more for us than you guys.

Last edited:
And that's cool :up: I got a rolled eyes look from a girl this morning for wanting a normal cup of tea. You know the ones with a tea bag and hot water? But she was an idiot, lol.

Angela Harlem said:
If someone refused to take my order because I didn't conform to the newest pseudo latte set language, I'd get them fired for abysmal failure of customer service :up:

:bow:

:wink: when I said I wouldnt take the order I meant another employee saying it wrong :lol:
not me.
If I made every person that came in through the door ask for their drink correctly I would get nowhere!
usually I work on bar anyway so I dont take the orders, I just make them.
:hmm: at our store the pitchers are marked non-fat but we always say skim because its a lot faster to say. And we think nonfat sounds kind of dumb :shrug:
Then again we kind of have the rebel store in the area anyway. We get the highest reviews out of all the stores in the area so we get away with more. Like me bossing the regional manager around when he comes in :evil:
Go get me some sugar free vanilla syrup please :cute: If youre here you might as well make yourself useful.

For the record, I rarely drink coffee there anymore. I think our drip coffee is too strong most of the time but I love our teas. So I usually just drink a cup of awake tazo tea :D

I work at the ashburn Virginia store. Well, one of them. Theres like 6 plus all the fake safeway type ones. I'm in ashburn farm if anybody is ever in the area

the new stores near my parents all have a sticker that prints when the order is taken and that's put on the cup. No shouting orders there :wink:

Thats almost a really good idea, other than it probably takes an eterrnity to ring the person up. Theres this system thats like a little tree that we use to ring people up which has a number of shortcuts that branches off into pages of information. Like milk types, drink types, syrups :blahblah:
So you have to go through all these pages just to ring the whole drink in when you could just technically ring the drink up as something it isnt as long as its the same price.
That way you can just shout it out really quickly.
If the till wasnt such a pain I would be jealous of the printed tickets

I miss the days when you could go into a coffee shop and just ask for a coffee :sad:

In fact, most places in the UK you still can. Unless you go into the american chain shops :down:

I'll stick with going to cafes or pubs and saying 'I'll have a coffee please'. And I get a cup of filter cofffee, with some milk in a little jugs and a few sachets of sugar in case I want them :up:

bollocks to all the fancy shit. It tastes like crap anyway :D

yeah but if you just walk into starbucks and ask for a coffee they say 'americano?'

and when you sigh and say 'I suppose' they then say 'tall? grande? so fucking huge you'll be peeing like a racehorse for a week???'

I JUST WANT COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!! :scream:

:shrug: thats not how it goes in our store.
If somebody asks for a coffee we ask what size?
Then we pour it and give it to them.
:| I dont see why somebody would ask you if you want an americano if you ask for a simple cup of coffee. Thats just bad training.

Back
Top Bottom