Tana Umaga Tribute Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timothius

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3535694a10,00.html

All Blacks captain Tana Umaga this afternoon announced his retirement from test rugby.

-----------------------------------------------------

Tana took a long time to convince me he was All Black material, let a lone All Black captaincy material. I remember him making his debut in 1997 as Jonah Lomu's replacement and in my mind thats where he stayed for most of his career, a second string winger whose stay at centre was a lasting nod to the genius of John Hart.

Until this season. Umaga this season has moved his game to that of the greatest centre in the modern era ahead of Brian O'Driscoll who I rate amazingly highly and within millimetres of Walter Little. His captaincy has been sterling, leading us with conviction and intellegence not seen since Sir Sean Fitzpatrick ( :bow: ).

What has made all of Tana's achivements so incredible is that he is from Wellington. Despite this set back, he has become one of the most respected men in Union.

Thanks Tana. :up:

:sad:

Tana was such a truly great captain, a true sportsman, and luckily enough, not born in Auckland! Auckland shouldn't even be considered part of New Zealand. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom