Talking Trash Cans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemon Meringue

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Have you seen these yet?

I was at Taco Bell yesterday and they had one. When you walk up to dump out your tray it opened automatically. Then it closed by itself and said, "Thank you. Have a nice day." :lol: When it was getting full it would go rumble-rumble-rumble and pack everything down. :ohmy: When one man went up to it it said, "Mmm, I'm hungry". :laugh: It said some other phrases, too, but I couldn't hear them. It was quite amusing to watch people's reactions.

i don't want one. i'd probably kick it and tell it to shut up.

toiletlarge.jpeg

Talking toilet can diagnose medical conditions

A Cheshire company has invented a talking toilet that can diagnose pregnancies and medical conditions like diabetes.

The Versatile Interactive Pan has a built-in probe that can analyse urine and excrement for hormone and nutrient levels. It also has e-mail capability and can notify your doctor of any problems.

It's been dubbed the Toilet of the Future and costs ?5,000. Makers Twyford Bathrooms say it could be on sale by 2006.

It also uses voice recognition so it can adjust itself to suit children and disabled people, and it even tilts to become a urinal for men.

"The VIP's technology is not new. What is pioneering is how the IT has been reproduced, into a toilet of all things," Twyford's Terry Wolliscroft is reported as saying in the Daily Record.

"It is ideal for people with health worries and establishes the humble loo as an interactive marvel."

Story filed: 00:00 Thursday 12th July 2001

I have never seen a talking trash can though I think I would find it quite amusing.

I was just at Taco Bell the other day and I didn't see them...guess it's something new or only certain ones have it :shrug:

I would find it amusing too, but I think after a while it would get annoying

The Talking Trash Can I saw was way out in a northwestern suburbs of Minneapolis. It seemed like a brand new Taco Bell, but I don't live in that area so I'm not sure. Maybe these are being installed when new stores are opened. I haven't seen them anywhere else yet, but now I'm on the alert. :) There's a fairly new one near work so I'll have to go inside and check it out. :shifty:

I think they would get annoying after a while, too. But it was pretty amusing for me since I was there by myself so it gave me some entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom