Talking Heads - which album should i get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
i finally have gotten into them, but don't own any of their albums. any suggestions?

Well, I only have Remain in Light, so I can't really speak objectively about the subject.

However, Remain in Light is an awesome CD. :yes:

The 2 disc set compilation, 'Sand in the Vaseline' is quite good if you'd like a compilation instead of an album.

Once In A Lifetime (The Best Of) is a good place to start. There's an actual Best Of which has an entirely different cover but the mixes are not the best ones. I actually reckon it's woeful compared to most other versions.

Oh definitely "Stop Making Sense" ...
It's the best album from the Talking Heads EVER !! .. :heart:

I love the songs ::

Psycho Killer ... :drool:

Burning Down The House ... another GREAT tune !! :wink:

Girlfriend Is Better ... :applaud:

Once In A Lifetime ... the BEST song on the album !! :love:

Take Me To The River ... :up:

Just get Remain In Light. Trust me. It's the only album you'll ever need. It's probably my favorite album after Achtung Baby. It's perfect, and miles ahead of any other Talking Heads album, even though they are all really fantastic. Get that, then get the Stop Making Sense DVD. The DVD is probably the single best concert video ever created. It's directed by Johnathan Demme, and is just...well....just get it. you won't be disappointed.

I agree about Sand In the Vaseline. It's a good starting place. You can find the songs you like best, then get those albums next. My town never ever gets any good concerts, but David Byrne is coming in a few weeks :applaud:

Sand in the Vaseline does indeed rule, but as for albums, I'd go for either Speaking in Tongues or More Songs About Buildings and Food.

I used to own many Talking Heads records. The only cd that I own is Sand in the Vaseline and I play it often.

I must get the dvd 'Stop Making Sense'. For those of you haven't seen this movie ~ it's great :up:

Get Fear of Music! If you want live get the name of this band is the talking heads. Trust me, I have everything by them

Album "Stop Making Sense".

"Swamp" - the BEST Talking Heads song eva eva. Drunken pirate stomp music. :drool:

"Psycho Killer" - a Talking Heads classic/staple

"Burning Down the House" - bloody brilliant

etc. blah.

Back
Top Bottom