....talk about the weather - part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping that all of you are safe and sound in the path of the hurricane. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

The weather here has been less humid, with a high of 82 degrees.

Oh no.

HURRICANE DENNIS TROPICAL CYCLONE POSITION ESTIMATE
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
6 PM EDT SAT JUL 09 2005

AT 6 PM EDT...2200Z...DOPPLER RADAR DATA FROM KEY WEST AND TAMPA
INDICATE THE EYE OF HURRICANE DENNIS WAS ESTIMATED NEAR LATITUDE
25.9 NORTH...LONGITUDE 84.9 WEST. THIS IS ABOUT 305 MILES SOUTH
OF PANAMA CITY FLORIDA AND ABOUT 395 MILES SOUTHEAST OF BILOXI
MISSISSIPPI.

REPORTS FROM AN AIR FORCE RESERVE HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT INDICATE
THAT THE CENTRAL PRESSURE OF DENNIS HAS FALLEN RAPIDLY TO 947 MB.
DENNIS HAS REGAINED DANGEROUS MAJOR HURRICANE STATUS...CATEGORY 3
ON THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON HURRICANE SCALE...WITH MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS OF 115 MPH. WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO INCREASE EVEN MORE THIS
EVENING.

FORECASTER BEVEN

Yeah...one of the guys on the Weather Channel earlier was saying that that 115 mph wind was just a slight ways away from the center of the storm, which, as we all know, is calm. So to go from 115 mph winds to dead calm in that brief a time...yeesh.

That's seriously one healthy-looking storm on the radar...scary stuff. Once again, everyone in that area, stay safe...you're all in my thoughts :hug:.

It's a lovely day here. Just hot. It hit 101 degrees today for our high...last I checked it was 100, and that was just a little while ago.

Angela

It's still pretty breezy and right now it's lightly raining, but it looks like the worst is over for us on the west coast of Florida.

Am praying now for the people on the Gulf Coast who will be affected by Dennis.

I understand the storm's dropped down to a category 2, which, while still a threat in some ways, isn't nearly as bad as it could've been. So that's some good news, it's weakening :up:. Hope everyone's doing all right down there.

As for the weather here today, much cooler than yesterday-only supposed to get into the low 80s today. Right now, it's in the upper 70s. Could see some storms later today and tonight.

Heat's supposed to return this week, though. But for the latter part of the week, my family will be in Iowa, where it looks as if it'll be somewhat cooler, so...:).

Angela

Today (Tuesday) Hot with a high of 92 !! :drool:

Supposed to be getting severe thunderstorms on Wed - Sat here
in the upper region of Illinois ... all of which are after effects from Dennis ... :yikes:
Anywhere from 3-6 inches of rain is expected ... :no:
Although, we need rain, not all at once like this !! :down:
I hope the Midwest does NOT have problems with flooding now as well ... :tsk:

Yeah, that stuff's going pretty far north there, huh? Yeesh. Not fun :hug:.

It's supposed to be pretty nice here all week...just hot, again. Today wasn't too bad, though-mid 80s. And sunny :).

I just hope the weather will be okay when we head out to Iowa, and when we're heading back from there, too. That's my only concern right now.

Angela

Overcast morning ... the high is supposed to be 89 today !!
Had some early morning showers, but it's just a little windy now.

Later, this afternoon is when thunder showers are supposed to begin ...
turning into severe thunderstorms on Wed., all leftover from Dennis !! :tsk:

Yesterday was the hottest day in ten years in Ireland. Today it's pretty warm as well. Hell yeah, three days of great weather in a row, I guess the Irish summer will end again this week. That was it...

Cloudy and mild here today. Quite a change from the heat and humidity we're usually getting.

I'm still hoping that things in Panama City are going well. Supposed to leave Friday morning for my Florida vacation.

:censored: Hurricanes!

Dutch Partygirl said:
Yesterday was the hottest day in ten years in Ireland. Today it's pretty warm as well. Hell yeah, three days of great weather in a row, I guess the Irish summer will end again this week. That was it...

its preety hot here isn't it... ive like i dunno a window open...

It's hot and dry over here. They say it'll get hotter tomorrow but that it will rain somewhere in the afternoon.
And I have to work tomorrow! I'll choke at work because we don't have an AC! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom