....talk about the weather - part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed the forecast a bit yesterday-last I saw, they were saying we could actually see a high around 100 on Saturday. Yeow.

Hot and dry. That's pretty much the overall forecast for the next week or so.

*Looks at her air conditioner, smiles*

Thanks be to whomever invented that.

Angela

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
oh fun look at this shit that Atlanta has to deal with tonight.

nevermind.
i was going to post a photo of the radar of the storm. :der:

What? you mean this?
cindy.jpg

I was really hoping it would pass right by us but I think it will be hitting us in about an hour or so.

:(

Hope everyone's OK.

Doesn't just looking at a pic of the radar make you want to refresh your browser so you can see how far the storm has moved? I've been looking at the weather sites for too long now... :reject:

Last edited:
U2dork said:
Hope everyone's OK.

Ditto :hug:.

Originally posted by U2dork
Doesn't just looking at a pic of the radar make you want to refresh your browser so you can see how far the storm has moved? I've been looking at the weather sites for too long now... :reject:

Yes (I'm one who does the same thing regarding weather sites on days when we have nasty storms, too :)).

Angela

Beautiful day literally..after some very windy/stormy, but not too bad effects from Cindy.. but then there's Dennis lurking out there with Mobile in it's cross hairs, possibly.
This is only July.. I don't usually start taking nerve pills till late August - during a typical hurricane season that is.:crazy:

Right now it is sunny and bright.............but times.....they are a changin'...............with Dennis on the way.

:eyebrow:

Keeping an eye on Dennis... Things still do not look good for us here on the west coast of Florida. I've got supplies stocked up, and now I'm trying to decide if I should put up my hurricane shutters.

I can't believe it's only July 8th! :(

:hug:s to everyone in Dennis' path. Take care, all of you.

No effects from Dennis here...far enough away that even the remnants can't bother us. It's just supposed to be hot. And dry. It is 96 degrees right now, could see a high around 101 today, as well as tomorrow.

But Sunday and Monday look to be a saving grace-gonna cool off into the low 80s then. But then back up into the heat later next week. But that's summer for ya, I guess.

Angela

Just dropped $200.00 on hurricane supplies. (candles, batteries, charcoal bottled water, etc...
Not to mention the muffler that I had to have worked on today. :huh:
Makes me nervous that the weather channel has people staked out in Mobile, Gulf Shores and Pensacola..
Reminds me of Ivan last year :crazy:

On top of all this my Dad is in the last stages of congestive heart failure and doesn't want to go into the hospital during the storm.
We are going to get him there regardless - because the drop in the barometric pressure can reek havoc on heart patients..
I'm staying there tomorrow and the rest of the weekend probably.

For those so inclined, please say a prayer for all the sick and elderly..all along the Gulf coast..
:heart:

sue4u2 said:
For those so inclined, please say a prayer for all the sick and elderly..all along the Gulf coast..
:heart: [/B]

I'm saying a prayer for everyone in Dennis's path, from Cuba up through the States. :hug:

Thoughts and prayers go out to all who may be affected by hurricane Dennis. :hug: We need rain badly so we might be in Dennis's path. We had serious flooding, from hurricane Ivan last September. Many people lost everything that they own. :(

We've gotten a few storms from one of the outer bands of Dennis here in Fort Myers so far today. We're definitely going to get some unfavorable weather, but nothing like Charley last year. Conditions are rapidly deteriorating now, as I listen to the wind and rain on my window. I don't even know if I'll be able to go to work tomorrow (it probably won't be worth it anyway)....

sue4u2 said:
Makes me nervous that the weather channel has people staked out in Mobile, Gulf Shores and Pensacola.

I always feel so bad for those people when they're reporting on things like this. I remember last year I saw a girl reporting about one of the hurricanes on TV, and the poor woman could barely stand up straight, it was so windy. And of course, she was soaked to the bone, 'cause it was raining so hard...

At the same time, though, that's good that they're on top of everything.

Originally posted by sue4u2
On top of all this my Dad is in the last stages of congestive heart failure and doesn't want to go into the hospital during the storm. We are going to get him there regardless - because the drop in the barometric pressure can reek havoc on heart patients..I'm staying there tomorrow and the rest of the weekend probably.

Oh, geez...that's scary stuff.

You and your family are in my thoughts :hug:. Stay with him as long as you need to, we here will definitely understand.

Angela

Nate Dogg said:
We've gotten a few storms from one of the outer bands of Dennis here in Fort Myers so far today. We're definitely going to get some unfavorable weather, but nothing like Charley last year. Conditions are rapidly deteriorating now, as I listen to the wind and rain on my window. I don't even know if I'll be able to go to work tomorrow (it probably won't be worth it anyway)....

Another Ft. Myers person, eh? :wave: It rained something fierce earlier, but now it's cleared up again, thankfully.

You know one thing I've always wondered about in regards to things like this (and regular storms, too)?

Sometimes an area will have both tornado warnings and flood warnings. So the flood warnings are advising you to go to higher ground, while the tornado warnings are advising you to go to lower ground, and I'm always wondering what exactly you're supposed to do in that situation?

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
You know one thing I've always wondered about in regards to things like this (and regular storms, too)?

Sometimes an area will have both tornado warnings and flood warnings. So the flood warnings are advising you to go to higher ground, while the tornado warnings are advising you to go to lower ground, and I'm always wondering what exactly you're supposed to do in that situation?

Angela

The tornado warning takes precedence. Move to the safest room in your house. Here in Florida houses don't have basements, so for us that would be a closet or an interior room or hallway.

miss becky said:

Another Ft. Myers person, eh? :wave: It rained something fierce earlier, but now it's cleared up again, thankfully.

Yeah, tonight's going to be rough.....but thankfully we're being spared the worst of it.
nice to see another interferencer around here!!!!

Nate Dogg said:

Yeah, tonight's going to be rough.....but thankfully we're being spared the worst of it.
nice to see another interferencer around here!!!!

I knew of one other Ft. Myers person here on the forum, and now I know two. Glad to know there's more of us! :)

Had some really bad wind and rain last night as the first feeder bands came through. My backyard is flooded. :(

Fortunately for us on the west coast, Dennis has moved further west than expected, so we should be in the clear now. Still need to keep a close eye on it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom