....talk about the weather - part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to our local forecast this morning, it's supposed to get up to 93 degrees F here today. It wasn't even 8 am yet, and we were already close to 70 degrees. I don't know what our temperature is right now, but I'd guess it's in the 80s.

It's supposed to get up to 95 tomorrow and Wednesday. Blech. But the nice thing about living out here-it can get that hot during the day, and yet it'll still get into the 50s and 60s for lows at night. We don't have to sit here sweating to death for days or weeks on end before a cooldown. Thank god.

Most things I've seen say it'll be sunny today. There's one thing I read that said we could see a thunderstorm or two this evening (had some pretty impressive-looking ones pass through here last night-we were under a severe thunderstorm watch and everything), but who knows. Overall, this week is supposed to be pretty nice. Just very hot.

Angela

Heh...today was interesting. Got up to about 94 degrees, was partly cloudy most of the day. Then this evening, we had a little shower come through, okay, no big deal.

Then, out of nowhere, a little while later (around 7:30 pm or so), this storm pops up and it's suddenly pouring buckets outside and the wind's whipping around like crazy and there's REALLY LOUD thunder (loud enough to make the floor rumble) and constant lightning. Didn't have a warning or anything with the storm, but my family was just surprised at how quickly it came up. One minute I look out my window and it's quiet, and the next, there's rain and wind galore :huh:. Strange. Cooled us off significantly, though-it was 76 degrees when all that was going on.

It's quiet here now, though. Don't know our temperature at this time.

Angela

Relatively cooler today-got up to about 85 degrees.

It's 80 degrees now, and we've got a severe thunderstorm warning for our county for another 4 minutes. Apparently, the south end of town is getting hit pretty good-my mom had to go that way to pick my dad up from work, and he said that it was hailing and pouring down rain and there was lightning all over (the tower for one of the local stations got hit, like, three times, he also told me).

Up here on the north end of town, though, it's not too bad-there's a bit of lightning here and there, and a couple of rumbles of thunder, and some rain, but nothing major. The worst of it's all off to our south.

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom