....talk about the weather - part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moonlit_Angel said:

You're not the only one. Just about a month or two, and fall should fully be in bloom :).

...that's a bit hard to believe, huh? That we're getting closer to fall already? Wow.

Really!! But our fall weather is usually still hot (in the 80's)
We don't get a break until end of October or the beginning of November ...
our winter starts in end December to mid April ...
figure that one out !! :shrug: :wink:

It's a bit foggy here right now which I'm totally fine with as it's keeping it cool. If the fog goes out it's going to get really really hot. I thought it was going to rain today.. but unfortch that doesn't seem to be the case now... really need some moisture around here.

Beautif- erm, Lovely day here! Walked with my mum to visit my aunty in the next village (how quaint etc :wink: ) Then it started to rain after we got back at about 3. Then it stopped. Then it started to chuck it down and hasn't stopped since. Man, I really love living here (and that isn't my usual sarcasm!).

Last edited:
MsMofoGone said:
Really!! But our fall weather is usually still hot (in the 80's)
We don't get a break until end of October or the beginning of November ...
our winter starts in end December to mid April ...
figure that one out !! :shrug: :wink:

LOL, oh, yeah? Eh, yeah, now that you mention it, when I lived in Iowa, I remember a few September/early October days when it was really hot out and everything, and didn't start snowing until mid-December, maybe later.

Our weather patterns out here are a bit out of whack, too, though-fall generally starts in September, goes through early November, the typical stuff there, but while we do get snow from time to time during the winter, most of our snow happens towards the end of the winter months and into the spring months. March, April, and May are our snowiest months (sometimes even June!)-matter of fact, we had a snowstorm here this past May. July and August are about the only months where we have heat and thunderstorms.

Today's no exception. It's not nearly as warm today (it's 85 degrees right now), but there are some thundershowers off to our south and west, moving south/southeast, so...we might see something this evening.

*Is glad, by the way, that the weather wasn't too bad where her dad was last night-managed to get home okay. Poor guy's just really tired, is all*

Angela

it was lovely out this morning but then when I got back to work from lunch it got incredibly dark and creepy. It poured for a few hours and there was lightening all over the place :yikes: The grass is looking really green from the rain that we've had lately :drool:

Tonight's low was 76 ... still Hot and Humid !! :yikes:
Had a lightning storm earlier, thought maybe we would get the "much needed" rain ...
HA ! No such luck, not one drop !! :tsk:

It's early morning now, as we just finished getting that thunderstorm after all !! :applaud:

Today's High will be 84 with partly cloudy skies ... maybe more rain comin' ... :up:

Uh, well, the upside is that it's not too bad temperature-wise today-only 82 last I looked, and this cooler weather's gonna last through early next week, god willing *Crosses fingers*.

The downside? We're under a severe thunderstorm watch until 9 pm tonight. And we're supposed to see rain/storms up through early next week. So it'll be cooler, but stormy. Meh. Nothing going on right now, though, a few little showers and stuff off to our east, but it's pretty quiet here right now. That could change, though, later today.

Oddly enough, I had a dream last night that we were under a watch-although that one was a tornado watch. Between that and a severe thunderstorm watch, I'll take the latter.

Angela

Yeah, they're saying your area could see some stuff this weekend. Hope you do get the rain you desperately need :up:.

We had a storm pass through last evening-actually knocked out our power for a brief minute. And it was pouring pretty good outside, too. Today they're forecasting another chance of some storms. But at least it won't be too bad temperature-wise-think it's supposed to be in the low 80s or something.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
Yeah, they're saying your area could see some stuff this weekend. Hope you do get the rain you desperately need :up:

I want to see my grass turn green again and oh, how my flowers would love it !! They're so-ooo drooped, I hope the rain will give them a good soaking ... or else they may not survive soon !! :sad:

Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
Today they're forecasting another chance of some storms. But at least it won't be too bad temperature-wise-think it's supposed to be in the low 80s or something.

Here we go again, Moonlit_Angel ... stealing each other's weather !! :lol:
Rain is coming !! :applaud:
Today, is gonna give us a High of 82 with those Thunderstorms moving into our area by early afternoon !! :hyper:
It's about time !! :bow:

The fog is starting to lift here. I guess in the northwestern portion of the province last night they had some really bad storms. Some folks are still without power.

We did recieve some showers last night and are supposed to get more this afternoon (chance of storms as well) and this weekend.

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring.....how does the rest of that go again? Oh well, you get the picture. :umbrella:

HURRAY !! ... We finally got some thunderstorms ... which turned out to be NOT as severe as the weather forecasters said they would be !! :applaud:
My flowers are starting to perk up again now ... as they got a good drenching !! :bow: :wink:

Awesome :up: :).

And yes, we do seem to be stealing each other's weather :p. Last I saw, our temperature was 73 degrees. And it's mostly cloudy. Could see some thundershowers this evening. Tomorrow they're saying we could see some severe storms.

Changed our high for Saturday-now they're not even expecting it to reach 60. And the expected low for tomorrow night/Saturday morning? 42 degrees. Looks as if Saturday's gonna be the kind of day I like-a cool, drizzly one.

Geez, I'll take that in mid-August, no problem!

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
Awesome :up: :).

And yes, we do seem to be stealing each other's weather :p. Tomorrow they're saying we could see some severe storms.

Oh no ... NOT severe !! :ohmy:
Hope you're safe and they're NOT as bad as they predict !! :up:
Today, I am getting heavy rainfall this morning with actual cloudy overcast ...
kind of eerie looking outside, rather depressing !! :tsk:
The High is gonna reach 82 and the rain will change to actual
Thunderstorms by noon.
Although storms, they are NOT supposed to be that severe !! :wink:

Its fucking freezing here! Well, i mean walking home from the pub at 1am in the morning doesnt help but........yeah it snowed in Melbourne which was unusual but Tasmania quite often gets snow so nothing wierd there...however, where i am just gets cold in winter, no exciting snow......

The cold front last night got rid of whatever humidity was left. Sunny today, beautiful temp of about 23C with a bit of a breeze. Now if summer was like this.. I wouldn't mind it so much. I think we're going to get some showers tonight and on Sunday.. and we really need the rain so that's good too.

I saw the snow in Austrailia on the news the other night. It looked lovely as at the time it was quite warm here. I look forward to winter and snowshoeing again :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom