....talk about the weather - part 3 - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2005, 12:44 PM   #196
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:36 AM
s to everyone in Dennis' path. Take care, all of you.

No effects from Dennis here...far enough away that even the remnants can't bother us. It's just supposed to be hot. And dry. It is 96 degrees right now, could see a high around 101 today, as well as tomorrow.

But Sunday and Monday look to be a saving grace-gonna cool off into the low 80s then. But then back up into the heat later next week. But that's summer for ya, I guess.

Angela

Old 07-08-2005, 02:22 PM   #197
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:36 PM
Just dropped $200.00 on hurricane supplies. (candles, batteries, charcoal bottled water, etc...
Not to mention the muffler that I had to have worked on today.
Makes me nervous that the weather channel has people staked out in Mobile, Gulf Shores and Pensacola..
Reminds me of Ivan last year

On top of all this my Dad is in the last stages of congestive heart failure and doesn't want to go into the hospital during the storm.
We are going to get him there regardless - because the drop in the barometric pressure can reek havoc on heart patients..
I'm staying there tomorrow and the rest of the weekend probably.

For those so inclined, please say a prayer for all the sick and elderly..all along the Gulf coast..

Old 07-08-2005, 02:43 PM   #198
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sue4u2

For those so inclined, please say a prayer for all the sick and elderly..all along the Gulf coast..
[/B]
I'm saying a prayer for everyone in Dennis's path, from Cuba up through the States.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:55 PM   #199
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:36 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to all who may be affected by hurricane Dennis. We need rain badly so we might be in Dennis's path. We had serious flooding, from hurricane Ivan last September. Many people lost everything that they own.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:25 PM   #200
Refugee

We've gotten a few storms from one of the outer bands of Dennis here in Fort Myers so far today. We're definitely going to get some unfavorable weather, but nothing like Charley last year. Conditions are rapidly deteriorating now, as I listen to the wind and rain on my window. I don't even know if I'll be able to go to work tomorrow (it probably won't be worth it anyway)....
Old 07-08-2005, 05:49 PM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Makes me nervous that the weather channel has people staked out in Mobile, Gulf Shores and Pensacola.
I always feel so bad for those people when they're reporting on things like this. I remember last year I saw a girl reporting about one of the hurricanes on TV, and the poor woman could barely stand up straight, it was so windy. And of course, she was soaked to the bone, 'cause it was raining so hard...

At the same time, though, that's good that they're on top of everything.

Quote:
On top of all this my Dad is in the last stages of congestive heart failure and doesn't want to go into the hospital during the storm. We are going to get him there regardless - because the drop in the barometric pressure can reek havoc on heart patients..I'm staying there tomorrow and the rest of the weekend probably.
Oh, geez...that's scary stuff.

You and your family are in my thoughts . Stay with him as long as you need to, we here will definitely understand.

Angela
Old 07-08-2005, 05:57 PM   #202
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Nate Dogg
We've gotten a few storms from one of the outer bands of Dennis here in Fort Myers so far today. We're definitely going to get some unfavorable weather, but nothing like Charley last year. Conditions are rapidly deteriorating now, as I listen to the wind and rain on my window. I don't even know if I'll be able to go to work tomorrow (it probably won't be worth it anyway)....
Another Ft. Myers person, eh? It rained something fierce earlier, but now it's cleared up again, thankfully.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:04 PM   #203
Blue Crack Addict

You know one thing I've always wondered about in regards to things like this (and regular storms, too)?

Sometimes an area will have both tornado warnings and flood warnings. So the flood warnings are advising you to go to higher ground, while the tornado warnings are advising you to go to lower ground, and I'm always wondering what exactly you're supposed to do in that situation?

Angela
Old 07-08-2005, 06:12 PM   #204
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
You know one thing I've always wondered about in regards to things like this (and regular storms, too)?

Sometimes an area will have both tornado warnings and flood warnings. So the flood warnings are advising you to go to higher ground, while the tornado warnings are advising you to go to lower ground, and I'm always wondering what exactly you're supposed to do in that situation?

Angela
The tornado warning takes precedence. Move to the safest room in your house. Here in Florida houses don't have basements, so for us that would be a closet or an interior room or hallway.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:36 PM   #205
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by miss becky

Another Ft. Myers person, eh? It rained something fierce earlier, but now it's cleared up again, thankfully.
Yeah, tonight's going to be rough.....but thankfully we're being spared the worst of it.
nice to see another interferencer around here!!!!
Old 07-08-2005, 06:39 PM   #206
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by miss becky
The tornado warning takes precedence. Move to the safest room in your house. Here in Florida houses don't have basements, so for us that would be a closet or an interior room or hallway.
Ah. Okay .

Angela
Old 07-08-2005, 07:14 PM   #207
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Nate Dogg

Yeah, tonight's going to be rough.....but thankfully we're being spared the worst of it.
nice to see another interferencer around here!!!!
I knew of one other Ft. Myers person here on the forum, and now I know two. Glad to know there's more of us!
Old 07-08-2005, 07:49 PM   #208
ONE
love, blood, life

Hang in there Floridians......my thoughts and prayers are with you all........
Old 07-09-2005, 05:57 AM   #209
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Had some really bad wind and rain last night as the first feeder bands came through. My backyard is flooded.

Fortunately for us on the west coast, Dennis has moved further west than expected, so we should be in the clear now. Still need to keep a close eye on it, though.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:26 PM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

Good Luck to the people in the state of Florida ... I wish you the best !!

Meanwhile, in Central Illinois it's Hot with a High of 89 !!