...talk about the weather - part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
4 inches of snow and long island becomes a parking lot... just took me 2 1/2 hours to get home... it normaly takes me 30 minutes :madspit:

I'm sorry you had a bad commute home. The library where I work closed at 2 p.m., and driving then was awful--very poor visibility.

Driving in snowy conditions on Long Island is hellacious!!!

Started raining tonite after being dry&sunny for almost a whole week! Nice&refreshing! :happy:

it was sunny and cool
then there was hail
more sun
and snow
now it is wet and overcast

Heh, well, you can tell that the seasons are changing here-we've had a crazy week of weather-last week it was in the 50s and 60s (got up to around 65 degrees F here a couple of days last week). But then yesterday and today all that changed-it's cooled down and we've been getting snow (and they're saying the northwestern part of Wyoming could even see a few thunderstorms tonight-but since I don't live there, I won't be experiencing that). I was chilly this morning when I woke up.

The snow's been coming down in a funny manner, too-the sky will darken, then there'll be a big burst of snow, coming down really heavy and fast and everything, with the wind blowing like mad (yeah, it's been awfully windy the last few days here, too-we can tell when it gets rather windy because there's a tree right outside our apartment building, and whenever the wind picks up, that tree starts scraping along the side of the building), and then it'll suddenly stop and the sky will be lighter, and then the cycle repeats itself again every hour or two. It's kinda funny. But that's okay, 'cause I love this kind of weather. Yesterday, though, when it snowed, the ground was still too warm for the snow to stick, so we had kind of a rain/snow thing going on for a while.

Angela

Heh, been a bit of an interesting evening...when we got another one of our bursts of snow earlier tonight, it was coming down so hard, and it was so foggy, that when I looked outside, I couldn't see a whole heck of a lot. It's calmed down since then, though-last I checked, it had stopped snowing.

Angela

The snow we got this past weekend had melted away for the most part the last couple of days, but today we got another thing of snow come through-and it came down pretty good there for a while (a little after 1 pm today, I checked to see what the temperature was, and it was 46 degrees F, and then within, like, 5 or 10 minutes, boom, it was down to 34 degrees F and we were getting a bunch of snow. Very interesting).

But this weekend, it's supposed to warm up again, so our snow won't be sticking around for too long :(.

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom