...talk about the weather - part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One minute rain, the next sun - all the while it is snowing cotton from the cottonwoods....Alergies anyone??

'Kay, this week's going to be considered an interesting one.

We got a thunderstorm late last night. Nothing big, just brought some heavy rain with it. And it's supposed to get into the low 60s today and we have another chance of thunderstorms this afternoon and evening. Again, nothing major, just more heavy rain possible, and perhaps some very small hail.

Then, over the course of the night tonight, the storms will stop, it'll just be raining, and that rain will switch over to snow sometime late tonight. And that is why, from late tonight up through to Thursday morning, we have a winter storm watch. The snow/rain and snow mix is supposed to last that entire time, and we could see a foot or more of snow in the area. And those 60s? Naturally, with the snow coming, they'll be gone, and will be replaced by 30s and 40s.

Man, I didn't realize Wyoming's spring weather could get this wacky.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
'Kay, this week's going to be considered an interesting one.

We got a thunderstorm late last night. Nothing big, just brought some heavy rain with it. And it's supposed to get into the low 60s today and we have another chance of thunderstorms this afternoon and evening. Again, nothing major, just more heavy rain possible, and perhaps some very small hail.

Then, over the course of the night tonight, the storms will stop, it'll just be raining, and that rain will switch over to snow sometime late tonight. And that is why, from late tonight up through to Thursday morning, we have a winter storm watch. The snow/rain and snow mix is supposed to last that entire time, and we could see a foot or more of snow in the area. And those 60s? Naturally, with the snow coming, they'll be gone, and will be replaced by 30s and 40s.

Man, I didn't realize Wyoming's spring weather could get this wacky.

Angela

And I thought Arkansas weather was bad - Geez! :eek:

egyptluvr said:
And I thought Arkansas weather was bad - Geez! :eek:

Heh. Bizarre, isn't it?

And after all the snow we get tomorrow and Thursday, starting Friday on out, our temperatures will just immediately jump right back up into the 60s and 70s-no gradual warm-up here, and then next Monday we'll have another chance of thunderstorms :huh:.

Mother Nature=:coocoo:.

Angela

Good Day All!!
Absolutely Gorgeous here today - should get up to about 90 today, and thankfully no rain. Clear skies, still have the cotton flying around from the cottonwood trees....and there's your days allergy alert folks! :wink:

fah said:
Snowing :ohmy:

~sends hot chocolate to Moonlit Angel~

Heh, thanks :). Yeah, it snowed here, can ya believe it? First time I ever recall experiencing snow in May (my dad says that when we lived back in Iowa, there was one year where we got, like, 3 inches of snow on Memorial Day, but I don't remember that, so this is my first real experience with snow in May), so this is something quite new to me. It certainly doesn't look like May outside-if I didn't know better, I'd say we were in the month of December. And it can snow even later than this here-my dad says this area saw 7 inches of snow in mid-June one year.

This really is sooooo much better than what the people in Nebraska were getting this evening, though. Especially when you also consider the fact that it'll have been a year ago later this month when the area of Nebraska that I was living in last year saw one of its worst tornado outbreaks ever. That was a really scary few weeks there, and so I'll definitely take this snowstorm instead.

It's not snowing right now, though. It's cloudy, and 28 degrees outside. All this snow'll be gone by the weekend, though, 'cause it's supposed to be back up in the 60s and 70s by then.

Angela

nbcrusader said:
I like to visit snow..... :wave:

:). Check out the mountains here sometime, then, 'cause they're filled with snow.

Not snowing right now, though. It's partly cloudy. And the snow's starting to melt a bit.

But I checked the Weather Channel a few minutes ago, and unfortunately my old town back in Nebraska isn't faring too well-they're under a tornado warning right now :|.

Angela

It is SO gorgeous here today! I like the warmer weather...must of reached 91 today, everyone is bitchin' cause it is so hot! ME LOVE IT! Was a great day to sit out at the 'after work party place' on the deck and have a few cold ones!! Gotta love it!

It was cold, rainy and crappy today in Iowa. I got soaked walking from my car to the office even though I had my umbrella with me! Plus the office was freezing (no one seems to know how to control the temperature). I'm so glad we have a wonderful little coffeehouse one block from where I work. I don't drink coffee so I got a big vat of hot chocolate with amaretto...:drool:

Here, summer has been hanging around a little longer than usual but is finally giving in to the golden glow of autumn (my favourite season).

This morning was cold with a weird and threatening blue-grey hue in the foggy sky, but once the sun had really risen the fog burned away and it has been the most glorious day (the sort of day you really wish you didn't have to be trapped in an office looking at a computer screen all day)
Thank goodness for lunchtimes and parks! :)

sunset.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom