...talk about the weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fly on the wall

The Fly
post your local weather phenomenon here....and discuss!

I bet it is stinking hot in Australia!

It is warming up in the Midwest...and the snow is melting :up:

Yet, it seems as if it snowed in Texas yesterday :yikes:
I want MORE MORE MORE!

:D:up:

i've had to snowplow twice in the last week.

luckily i got one of dose john deeres eh!

fly on the wall said:
It is warming up in the Midwest...and the snow is melting :up:

Doing the same here-by Wednesday it's supposed to be 49 degrees here. :mad:.

Not only do I not like that news because it signals the beginning of the end of winter, but I don't like this warm up because while the snow has been melting, it created a water bubble in my room, and there've been three leaks in there already, which sucks. And the landlord still has not been out here to fix it yet. :down:.

Right now it's not that warm outside, though-21 degrees, with a wind chill of 8.

Angela

Yep, its hot in Australia. In my part anyway. We were supposed to get a thunderstorm so its been dark and humid and even hotter for days but we woke up this morning and the clouds have all gone.

At least its the weekend so I dont have to get dressed.

It's been really warm here (relatively... I think it hit the 40s today) the past few days, and mostly sunny. :happy: It feels almost like spring and that makes me happy!

Until I realize this is New England, and we'll probably have a blizzard in a few days. :shrug:

Spring is already upon us here in the Pacific Northwest. The groundhog's prediction never applies to us. Now if it would only stop raining......

So CA North OC - a very pleasant 69 with high clouds...its gorgeous outside right now but it is getting cool at night..

I'll be golfing tomorrow to celebrate! I'll be spending some Presidents to play in honor of their day!

:applaud:

We've had some wild weather this summer, hot hot days, building up into wild storms. I saw one of THE most spectacular displays of lightning on Saturday night. We drove down to the cleared land to watch it for a while, but forgot to take the insect repellant, the mozzies chased us home.
It is currently 34.4 degrees Celscius, 70 % humidity
clear sky, and one of my least favourite things, a hot northerly wind blowing
As always praying for rain.
At least all the grasshoppers out there buzzing around sound happy.

Hot, Humid, Hot, Humid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never felt such a hot and humid summer, December was just fine, but all of January and February has been insanely hot and humid, I dont think that any of our max temps where I live have been under 30c and last nights min temp was around 25c. We had two weeks of pretty wild storms too, but I am getting over this humidity, mostly it stits between 60 and 80%, I went to the movies today, to sit in air-con, only to walk outside and be hit with what feels like a hot wet blanket of hot and humid air!!!!!!!!! and to end on a positive note, todays high was 35c with 70% humidity:(

San Francisco is a beautiful place to live...not today tho.

There's been a severe weather alert issued today. High winds, lots of rain, and bone-chilling cold.

Mr. BAW said:
You need a dose of SoCA to ease your mind and clear your system!!! :up:

My dose of So Cal wasn't nearly enough because I'm going to burst soon if the cold and snow doesn't GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I need to move someplace warm :grumpy:

It got to 40 celsius (104F) today outside. But the state government did this:

"As a result of this reduction in available capacity and the forecast continuation of extreme weather conditions, it is necessary to declare a system of emergency under Section 57(1) of the Energy Corporations
(Powers) Act 1979."

Which meant we had no air conditioning, no lights, no elevators. I work on the 4th floor ie the top floor of a building so all the hot air rose. Our windows were pop rivetted shut until the Fire Safety Officer fixed them with his foot. The breeze from outside that was 40 degrees was cooler then inside the building. Me being pregnant means I have my own internal furnace going so it was HOT. And still no sign of rain. We have been allowed to turn our home airconditioners on for the evening but its so humid its not actually doing anything. And the sea breeze hasnt come in for the last 2 days.

Anyone want to offload some excess snow my way?

beli said:
Anyone want to offload some excess snow my way?

Hey, sure, I'll clear some of the snow off my roof and send it to you (my dad said yesterday that we must still have 6 inches of snow on the roof alone).

Besides, it'd help get some of the weight off the roof. The insulation and inner part of my bedroom ceiling fell through last night, so now part of my room is soaked with melted ice and insulation's all over that part of the room as well. The outer roof is still intact, but getting the snow off of there would definitely help things some.

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom