...talk about the weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we're back up into the 70s today after our mini-cool down last week. Unfortunately, with this warmth comes the chance of nasty weather-there's a tornado watch just off to the northwest of us, and a bunch of storms in the middle of Nebraska right now that have various severe thunderstorm/tornado warnings with them. As of now, though, they're all moving away from us. We have a chance of more nasty weather tomorrow, though-matter of fact, a good deal of this week is supposed to be stormy. :(.

Have I mentioned that I'm not a big fan of spring? :sigh:.

Angela

beli said:
I dont like Spring because I get hayfever.

Yeah, that's a problem, too-sorry to hear that. I don't get that, but I know that the pollen and stuff can irritate my nose during the spring.

Originally posted by beli
Do you live near where that tornado hit a couple of days ago?

You mean the one down in Kansas? No, I don't-that was way, way down there by the border between that state and Oklahoma, and I live in the state north of Kansas-I'm up in southeastern Nebraska.

I feel so bad for those people...that video of that family's house being destroyed by the tornado is just...:tsk:. So scary. Some really nice people in that area have offered to rebuild their home for them, though. :). Texas also got some nasty storms on...Thursday or Friday, can't remember which day.

Such is the price for living in this part of the country this time of year. :slant:.

A quick comment on something different, by the way: I just saw the list for the names of the hurricanes/tropical storms for the upcoming hurricane season...honestly, where do they come up with some of these names? For example, I noticed the "B" name for this year was "Blas" or something like that. :huh:.

Angela

I think they have run out of names. We get some stupid names for Cyclones too. I think they should just give up and number them. Or maybe go B1 and then next B is B2 etc.

beli said:
I think they have run out of names. We get some stupid names for Cyclones too. I think they should just give up and number them. Or maybe go B1 and then next B is B2 etc.

If I recall, I think they said something one time about how if they'd used numbers, they might get all mixed up. I also remember how, at one time, the names were all female ones, and that upset females who had those names, LOL. :p.

Heh, last year, the "L" name was Larry. I found that rather amusing. :).

Angela

Cloudy overall (with the occasional bit of sun peeking out), and close to 80 degrees. Chance of nasty storms is still going today and tonight. :(.

Yesterday all the storms wound up going north of us, and the ones that were coming close to us died as they got here. So all we got was a little rain late last night. :).

Angela

I know Detroit got socked with weather this afternoon.

We had one flight end up in Canton, and our next one cancelled.

:(

zoney! said:
I know Detroit got socked with weather this afternoon.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Those were some pretty nasty storms out there.

Originally posted by zoney!
We had one flight end up in Canton, and our next one cancelled.

:(

Yeesh. Sorry to hear that.

I feel bad for the people who work at or have to wait in the airports in the bigger cities on days like this, it just makes everything such a pain for all involved.

I also feel bad for the people in Kansas. They had a tornado watch again tonight (and there was one county that had a tornado warning for like, what, nearly two hours?), and they're supposed to see nasty weather again tomorrow. :tsk:.

As for my area...we did get a thunderstorm earlier this evening-had a severe thunderstorm warning with it, and we were under a severe thunderstorm watch (which has ended), but the storm just consisted of a lot of rain. A town nearby reported some small hail, too. But overall, it didn't turn out too bad here today, so I'm happy about that. :). And it's nice and cool now-temperature's in the lower 60s right now.

Unfortunately, the cool air won't last long-it's supposed to get warm again soon. Up to about 90 by this weekend. :sigh:.

Angela

:|

33%3A8257923232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2328%3D777%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232354559%3A9%3A4ot1lsi

*Breathes a HUGE sigh of relief*

Man...all last night and this morning, the way the forecasters were talking, it sounded as if it was gonna be one awfully nasty day stormwise in this part of the country. They were talking about tornadoes and all that for western Iowa and eastern Nebraska. But thankfully, nothing wound up happening. We didn't even get any rain here. It was just mostly cloudy and warm. All the storms were off to our north.

However, we have yet another chance of storms tomorrow. :mad: :sigh:. Boo.

Angela

Yeah, lots of people got storms yesterday. The state I used to live in, Iowa, got hit hard. The city I'm originally from got a bunch of rain yesterday-some evacuations have been going on in that city because some of the rivers there have flooded over. And in this one county that's between that city and another town I used to live in, there were a couple of towns that were pretty much destroyed by tornadoes. :(. The poor people.

Wasn't much better here-there were tornadic storms in the northeastern part of the state I live in now again last night, and then very early this morning, my area was put in a severe thunderstorm watch. We did have some stuff come through earlier this morning-just some rain and a little thunder and whatnot. It's just cloudy here now.

Unfortunately, both Iowa and Nebraska have yet another chance of severe storms today and tonight. Arrrrrrgggggghhhh...:|.

Angela

It's been warm and sunny all day.

In fact, yesterday it was so warm and sunny that some local high school boys decided to run around in nothing but their jock straps.

It was the highlight of my weekend. :wink:

Well, Saturday and Monday were quite the interesting days...

Saturday night, we were put in a tornado watch, and some insanely nasty storms came through-a storm with a couple of reported funnels passed through our town, so we were under a tornado warning for an hour and the sirens were going off here, which scared the bejesus out of me. Got a LOT of rain (the trailer park in my town had to be evacuated because they said there was...what, 2 feet of rain in that area) and some high wind and hail, too. They're saying that there were over 80 tornadoes reported in Nebraska alone that day, and that, combined with Iowa's reports of tornadoes, could possibly put that whole day's worth of storms in the top 10 tornado outbreaks of all time. Some towns in this area have just been devastated-in one town, their bank is the only building remaining in the downtown area, and trees have been tossed about or split down the middle, and grain bins are destroyed, and a building in Iowa was thrown onto the road, and a train was derailed in that same town...yeah, it was just flat out crazy that night. One of the scariest nights of my life-I never want to go through anything like that again.

Then we had a break from all the bad weather Sunday, and then yesterday, we had another chance of severe weather. Another tornado watch for our area, and another storm with a funnel cloud passed over our town, and then we got another storm with some small hail pass through later, and then everything finally quieted down during the evening hours. It's now a lot cooler today, and storm-free. :). But we have another chance of storms toward the weekend. :(.

Angela

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom