...talk about the weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justified said:
The weather sucks ass here. I am tired of the summer heat and humidity. It rains and storms everyday. My hair looks like a rats nest. :down:
:angry:

I wish it would stay in the low 80's and be sunny with no humidity! :scream:

yup, different day same ole damn forecast. :down:

my hair ----> :crazy:

Yeah, definitely not a good idea to be near anything electrical or water-related during a storm. :no:.

Anywho, as for the weather here...well, summer is definitely here now. We had a couple of really nice, cool days Tuesday and Wednesday, and then the heat came in-we've had highs in the upper 80s the last couple of days. It's only in the lower 80s today, but our heat index was, last time I checked, 90, and our dewpoint's in the low 70s, so even though the temperature's low, it's insanely humid outside.

As far as rain, we've had the occasional late night thunderstorm this week, and we had a light shower come through earlier this evening. And we're expecting some more thunderstorms late tonight. Heavy rain's the biggest concern with them, though.

Angela

tiny dancer said:
We are having bad thunderstorms here. My electricity was off for awhile. More storms to come. :yikes:

So I heard. I also hear the area off to the northeast of Atlanta has got a tornado warning.

Stay safe, those of you who are getting bad weather. :hug:.

As for our weather-well, after a couple of really icky days heat wise (Monday in particular was horrible), and a few thunderstorms (there was this really nasty-looking cell in central Nebraska on Monday that was heading south toward Kansas (died as it got close to the border) that had a few tornado warnings with it), it's a lot cooler today (only 79 degrees! :D) and nice and sunny out, too. Have a slight chance of a thunderstorm tonight, but nothing severe expected. Tomorrow might be a different story, though...

Angela

:sigh:.

Well, here we go again. Just west of my county here in Nebraska, on up through to southeastern South Dakota, there's a tornado watch until 9 pm. :(.

Us Nebraskans have got to be wondering what we've done wrong this year so far-we've been getting assaulted with storms the last couple of months. It's crazy. :coocoo:. And this isn't even our tornado season (sure, we can still get them, but the tornadoes are usually occuring up in Minnesota and the Dakotas this time of year)!

Meh. Hopefully tonight, things won't get really bad.

Angela

The weather turned nice here again...sunny and warm again.

I know what you mean about the weather Moonlit Angel. It seems that everyone is having 'more' weather than normal, whether it be sun or rain. I don't like it when Mother Nature gets mad at us.:ohmy:

fah said:
The weather turned nice here again...sunny and warm again.

Cool. :).

Originally posted by fah
I know what you mean about the weather Moonlit Angel. It seems that everyone is having 'more' weather than normal, whether it be sun or rain.

No kidding. The northeastern U.S. gets flooded, the west is having, like, a zillion wildfires going at once, the middle of the country's getting assaulted with severe storms (which, thankfully, are all missing our town at this time-feel bad for the people who are actually getting the nasty weather, though-it's definitely not fun. But the central part of Nebraska is apparently notorious for nasty storms, anyway, so I guess this isn't that unusual for them).

Oddly enough, this year started out fairly quiet for our entire country overall-sure, there were a few nasty days here and there, but it wasn't a common thing. Then once May hit, and then on through to June, and now this month...BOOM! All this crazy weather. Go figure.

Originally posted by fah
I don't like it when Mother Nature gets mad at us.:ohmy:

Neither do I :(. It scares me (although I don't mind her snowstorms :D).

Geez, you want to see an example of her fury, check out the tornadoes that hit east central Illinois on Tuesday (how the f*ck do those things get so HUGE? I swear to god...), and this one town in Pennsylvania that was practically destroyed by a tornado yesterday. Holy crud...those poor people.

Angela

Bumping this 'cause I gotta whine...

It is so freakin' hot outside! Temperature right now is 97 degrees, heat index is 113 degrees, and our dewpoint is 75 degrees. It's flat out miserable outside. We have all fans and the air conditioner going to keep us cool inside, and it's still kinda warm in here.

And to add insult to injury, surprise, surprise, the north central part of my state has yet another tornado watch! And we could possibly see some nasty storms tomorrow here, too.

Yeah. It's just a really blech day. Anyone who's living in a much cooler area...there a chance I could join you?

Angela

live.jpg

If you like rain you can visit me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom