Talk about Sexual Advertising!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
We've all known for years that advertisers would use subtle subliminal sexual items in their ads to attract us to their product. However, when I saw the ad for this new vodka, seen here, I thought it went WAY beyond subtle.

First, there's this bottle, with an elongated neck pointing out and a bulbous head on top. The name of the vodka is called "Pearl" and the ad is in black & white (clearly emphasizing the "pearl" part). If this already wasn't obvious enough, there's the woman, looking up in both a lustful yet subordinate position to this wonderful "pearl drink."

Sheesh! What's next - to have her perform oral sex right there, with some bottle of vodka hidden in the background?
wink.gif

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Holy fellatio, Batman!

Exactly... although I wonder who they are really marketing "Pearl" too... Men? If so, why would a man be attracted to a big penis shaped object? Women? Do women really want to see themselves just as a sexual object? Or are the men supposed to feel "powerful" looking at this ad and rush out to get this drink? Or are women supposed to get so hot and turned on by the ad that they will rush out to get it?

Most odd... And worst of all, NOT subtle.

Hey you cant trick me.
That looks like a penis.
smile.gif

Thank you.

diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Whoever came up with that ad did a damn fine job.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

I wouldn't fret too much about it. Subliminal advertising may or may not be still prevalent today, but it's clearly lost favor since the 70's & 80's since it's been shown to be a bit of a sham, i.e., the theory of how it works doesn't hold water anymore after studies have demonstrated it's lack of validity.

Originally posted by Bound:
I wouldn't fret too much about it. Subliminal advertising may or may not be still prevalent today, but it's clearly lost favor since the 70's & 80's since it's been shown to be a bit of a sham, i.e., the theory of how it works doesn't hold water anymore after studies have demonstrated it's lack of validity.

So instead of being subliminal, they are now blatant. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? *debates*

*awaits the day for graphic intercourse shown on TV during a McDonald's childrens Happy Meal ad.

biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom