tales of a new non-smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only lurk here but I'm out of the woodwork for this one. You can do it!! I joined a site called quitnet.com, some suggestions on there but mostly used it to keep track of how long I've gone. And here it is:

My Stats:
Your Quit Date is: 4/24/2004 12:00:00 PM
Time Smoke-Free: 355 days, 2 hours, 24 minutes and 44 seconds

Cigarettes NOT smoked: 5326
Lifetime Saved: 1 month, 10 days, 16 hours
Money Saved: $931.87

Yes indeedy, I'm 10 days shy of a year. And I will tell you, it gets easier and easier as time goes on. I also went cold turkey, and you will be amazed at the positive changes that will occur.

Good luck to ya!!

Good luck Mikal.

Or in the words of the great philosopher, Rob Schneider "YOU CAN DO EEET"

mikal said:

Heh. :D
Perhaps we should institute some sort of reward system? :sexywink:

Surprisingly, I've cut down over the past few days. ABOY, perhaps? :)

Surprising, because I've been chained to my computer working 24 hours a day. :yikes: That's generally prime smoking time. But I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Almost done.

mikal said:
^^^^^

thanks!

i've already decided that i'm going to do a reward system.

i normally spend about $30 a week on cigs, which equals about $120 a month, so after 3 months i'm going to by a Fender Strat.

do yourself a favor and wait 6 months and buy a nice M.I.A. tele or strat. that mexican stuff is for the birds.

Se7en said:

do yourself a favor and wait 6 months and buy a nice M.I.A. tele or strat. that mexican stuff is for the birds.

M.I.A.? is that the brand? i can't believe i haven't heard of it.

thanks!:)

mikal said:

M.I.A.? is that the brand? i can't believe i haven't heard of it.

thanks!:)

Dunno if you're jokin. If not, (s)he means 'Made In America'....an American Strat as opposed to a Mexican one.

So from a former smoker (over two months quit but still craving) to another, how's it going?

untied

Angela Harlem said:
Can someone please send me some willpower?
:(

Oh deeeerest of dears:

Last time someone mailed you something from The untied States of America, it took WEEKS....no sense..you will cave in in that time.

hugs. and. kisses.

Re: untied

zoney! said:

Oh deeeerest of dears:

Last time someone mailed you something from The untied States of America, it took WEEKS....no sense..you will cave in in that time.

hugs. and. kisses.

It actually took months. The boat detoured. A lot.

Ironically I am smoking while typing this answer.
:slant:

hugs,
to you

Congrats! Good luck keeping it up.

My grandmother died of lung cancer when she was only 47 and my father was about 17. And my grandfather on my father's side passed away from lung cancer 7 years ago in June. Those factors, and the fact that my mother would probably beat me if she ever caught me doing it, have given me enough reason never to even take a hit of a cigarette.

Update:

tomorrow will be 2 weeks of being smoke free. i had my first bar experience Friday, and while i got pretty drunk, i didn't crack. i actually found all the smoke in the bar to be pretty obnoxious.

Question... does Nicorette gum work?

I want to quit but I dont... :reject: I thought I'd perhaps try to cut down first.. since I just coughed up some really nasty stuff just now and I have the urge (for this moment) to quit. So yeah does the gum help :crack:

Congratulations, Mikal! That's a great thing you are doing for yourself and for the people around you. Probably one of the best decisions you'll ever take in your life. :up:

I absolutely hate cigarettes, the smell is one of the worst smells in the world. I know it's weird but I can be in the best mood ever but the second I feel that cigarette smell I become extremely pissed! :ohmy: I'm not sure why but I think it's because my mom smokes forever and she never quits. I very much wish she would quit. :sigh:

Sicy said:
Question... does Nicorette gum work?

I want to quit but I dont... :reject: I thought I'd perhaps try to cut down first.. since I just coughed up some really nasty stuff just now and I have the urge (for this moment) to quit. So yeah does the gum help :crack:

My mom did the patch and she hasn't smoked for well over 14 years. Give it a try, sis. :hug:

mikal said:
^^^^^

thanks!

i've already decided that i'm going to do a reward system.

i normally spend about $30 a week on cigs, which equals about $120 a month, so after 3 months i'm going to by a Fender Strat.

just dont get the Tabaco/sunburst color. Damn Im sorry, I had to say it.

Back
Top Bottom