*Takes deep breath*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooshadow

The Fly
*spins round on seat*

*Cocks head sideways to show confidence*

*speaks to interland*

OK lads and gents here is what I am thinking I need a partner or partners in a mission that requires the utmost commitment and dedication. I know I will succeed cos once I say I am to do something I do it.

Briefing, No U2 for a month, and we can use this post as a diary ala I was so desperate to hear U2 today I?

When I say no U2 I Mean No U2, not radio not tv not video not tape not dvd no record.

If it comes on the radio u have to leap at the off switch, knocking over kids and cripples in order to turn the fucker off (I would expect u to put your life on the line in order to get there faster)

If u are in a club, u find the nearest fire exit and kick the door down and run while holding your ears

If u r in a taxi and it comes on the radio u open the door and throw your body onto the unforgiving road and hope for the best

Well u get the point, there is one exception that I will concede if a new song comes out, u can listen once

Well that seems to all the rules, we will be using an honesty policy

Come on join me, it will be fun!

And no cheating, like pasangers or Dalton brothers or what ever it is

Zooshadow out-

And if we last a month, we can do like a simultaneous listen on the net while we chat to relive our self and relearn what a great voice bono has.

Walking on

*waits for partners*

Picking fights you know you can win

At first consideration I was thinking that would be no prob, but upon further reflection I realized that I don't think I have ever gone a week with out listening or having a hankering for some of the boys in such a long time. It would be a good and challenging test of self-control and mental fortitude but I don't know.

hmmm. that's quite a dare, zooshadow. Perhaps if you send me a tape of yourself talking, so I can listen to your accent in place of Bono's voice, I shall consider taking you up on it. :sexywink:

sulawesigirl4 said:
hmmm. that's quite a dare, zooshadow. Perhaps if you send me a tape of yourself talking, so I can listen to your accent in place of Bono's voice, I shall consider taking you up on it. :sexywink:

:scream: Sula, you beat me to it!! I hit reply to type that same thing and then saw your message in the previous posts!!!

come on ghetofabu, it will be fun we can do it together and talk about the other music we listen to!

sulawesigirl4, i think that is a bribe. *finds tape*

great minds think alike!

meegannie said:
:scream: Sula, you beat me to it!! I hit reply to type that same thing and then saw your message in the previous posts!!!

:lol: Well, we can share him. ;)

Okay...

So the everything except for LS, FYM, The Confessionals, Put 'em Under Pressure are off limits.

The hardest part will be in my car...I have all U2 cds in there..time to dig out other stuff.....

Starting time can be anytime today, tomorrow...so today is the 24th? Wow a month from tomorrow is my B-Day... what a nice gift I can give myself, listening to U2 again. :)

Jumps the gun

If you start before us you will be done before us and will be all talking about it and what not. We can't have that.

what's this about not visiting the U2ey forums? I was under the impression that it was just "listening" that was forbidden. :huh:

No way. You guys have fun, but I have been sitting on my recliner for the past four weeks, stuck in my house. I may get to go on the road soon, with a new CD player in my car. I plan on having hearing and/or brain damage from having U2 on so loud as I blast down the highway.

btw, martha, that reminds me...how did you like that Rarities collection? There are some knee-slappers I think. Like Adam singing back-up vocals! :silent:

You guys are insane. Why ever would you want to torture yourself like that? Shit, I can't even quit smoking, I don't dare try to quit U2.

Oh the thought makes me nauxious. :barf:

just for fun!

I'll do it as long as it is just listening to U2, as I HAVE to read about or look at U2 every day! :drool:

Yeah yeah, forums are cool
we just can't listen to them

so how about we fin on the 24th of aug?

Thanx for joining in guys! u are the best

its funny, i have not listened to them for a while anyway but now that i know i can't i realy want to crank pride and sing along

This is torture. I fully expect that tape in the mail, zooshadow, as recompense for the mental and emotional pain that I am suffering.

:p

tell me about it, i am sure it will get easier

no listen the 4th sulawesigirl i can't be bothered to make a tape but if u make two weeks i will ring u and read the paper or something, u can catch up on all the ozy news

sounds good?

EPandAmerica what u just said is exactly my point!

the waiting is fun, the torment is part of it

i had my first apple in the garden today, Newyork was on the radio and i was by myself and i was like ahh and turned it off asap, i was so proud of myself

later..

LOL

This morning I turned on the TV and Beautiful day came on VH1...at first I was like Ooooooh YAY...then I was like "oh no" and quickly changed the station.

I think I'm lucky...the radio stations around here don't play U2 very often...so I just have to get the CD's outta my car.

zooshadow said:
no listen the 4th sulawesigirl i can't be bothered to make a tape but if u make two weeks i will ring u and read the paper or something, u can catch up on all the ozy news

sounds good?

sounds great! I'll have to start AFTER this weekend though. I'm driving down to Chicago with a bunch of forum-members to meet up with other forum-members and I have a feeling MUCH U2 will be played whether I want it or not (and I do want it dammit!)

so I'll have to start on Monday. Can that be arranged? :D

(oh and I'm the one and ONLY sulawesigirl. Had to add the 4 when I signed up because the server was being silly and wouldn't accept my name. :p)

Back
Top Bottom