*Takes deep breath*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well done indeed daisybean u have made this slav quite happy, tis good to know u r not the only one suficating
Me thinx this would be much harder w\o david bowie to listen to
sulawesigirl, thats cool a couple o days won't make much of a difference, i have never rang anyone i met online so u will be the fisrt, and i must warn u i mumble and stutter and i realy should se an Elocutionist. ask ZA she knows

Keep on keeping on u cool kats

bye4now

Walk on

That's ok zooshadow, I speak like someone from that movie "Fargo" (so hideous...I must move and lose this accent) but I've had lots of practice at talking to people from online. It'll be good fun. :yes:

Hey, I've survived two whole days! Consider it a warm-up for after this weekend. Thank God for Radiohead, Doves, Elbow and PJ Harvey. :huh:

martha said:

BWAHAHAHA

It'll take you years to lose that accent!!:mac:

nah. I have only lived here 5 years. I'm just a terrible mimic. Even if I speak to someone with a different accent for a while I'll start imitating them without even realizing it. :huh:

*moves to Scotland immediately* :D :drool:

Ya know this isn't as hard as I thought it would be to do....
But then again this is only day 3.
Unfortunately I find that I have U2 songs in my head....and I can't really escape my own brain (yes I have one :) )
Did you know that music on the radio really sucks? :laugh:

sulawesigirl4 said:

nah. I have only lived here 5 years. I'm just a terrible mimic. Even if I speak to someone with a different accent for a while I'll start imitating them without even realizing it. :huh:

I do that too. I'm sure people think I'm making fun of them!! I still have a little bit of my southern accent, though, even though I've been in DC for over a year. It gets 10,000x worse when I talk to my dad on the phone.

you guys call THIS a challenge?

I did the same thing for TWO YEARS in high school.

Kinda sucked, too. I suffered from U2 withdrawal.

Explains why i'm on U2 overload 24/7 now. :D

Hmmm good luck with that! There was a time when i didn't listen to U2 for like a year (or even more) when i was in my "Beatles" fase.

Though now, i don't think i can do it. A week, two maybe, but anything more is probably unlikely!

How do you prove you haven't been listening? Will those of you who compete just trust each other?

AYYYYYYYYEEEE....but e was A funny lookin lil feller

lol....is it lent or something?......give me one really good reason why anyone would give up U2 for even a day...besides that I already LOVE BONO's beautiful tenor voice...::tapping foot and waiting::...::silence::.....I didn't think so!<NOT THIS CAT IT"S ALL I LISTEN TO!>

I managed to embarrass myself last night, I walked into a pub with my sis and her friend to c a gig and as we walked in I heard the start of elevation and it took me a second to realise I was like fuck and glanced at my sis (she knows I am doing the no U2) I then proceed to dart out of the pub and run through the empty shopping centre, who has a pub in a shopping centre?

They both thought I was nuts

This is the nuter signing off

When Love Came to Town

My first close call was yesterday as I was leaving work. In the car flipping through the radio stations..... I hear... I did what I did before ..... and I quickly pressed the next preset button.
Really though since it was B.B. singing that line I haven't heard Bono is several days. :(

So...

How is everyone going? I still havent listened to U2 since the moment I posted. I am finding if I focus on a particular band (Radiohead), I dont think about it so much! My way of coping...:(

Last edited:
k, nuter aka zooshadow...I began my fast a little late due to my weekend of U2ey fun. So far so good. I'm getting all kinds of knowledge and culture by listening to public radio in the car rather than U2 tunes (or music radio). Soon I will know all about current events and world news. :lol:

And while at work Radiohead, Doves, Elbow, and Jeff Buckley are keeping me company. :huh:

Still here. I don't think I've ever gone longer than a week without U2. So we'll see.....
:yes: I've been on the NPR in the car also. :)

May go buy some Bob Marley at lunch today. Oh and my son even took notice and said "You don't listen to U2 any more?" ;) I think he has grown tired of the RHCP.

I've been listening to a lot of my mix discs that don't have U2 on them.

The morning radio is okay....the DJs are tolerable ....

Afternoon radio sux thou....the classic rock station plays Van Halen all the time (I like em and all but not that much), the modern rock station plays Cr**d, the top 40 station plays Pink, the "lite" station plays Celine Dion, the country station plays a lot of country, the oldies station plays songs I've only heard in commercials ;), The other top 40 station plays Nelly and Eminem.....

I miss U2 :(

Another close call in the car today. "How long" from SBS. Only 2 words before I changed the station!
Just that little snippet will get me through a few more days. NOT :lemon: :bono:

Hi....

Hi my name is fillintheblank and i am a U@AHOLIC Today I was weak and listened to both complete U2 elevation Phoenix concerts.....not half bad but missing a lot of midrange sound....hehehe

U@AHOLIC, wtf is that?

soz i have not posted much, i have been in rehab i keep getting these near uncontrollable urges to listen to U2 and it seems my body is having some sort of reaction what with the spewing and the cramps and cold sweats, i use the word near cos i am still able to hold my head up, well that is not entirely true it is kinda a funny story. I was in the movie about a boy with my sis (yeah i have no life) and i was quite enjoying the movie and soundtrack (mostly badly drawn boy) when suddenly i hear these distorted sounds with a strong drum beat. i start to fret and mumble and stutter i think it may have been two thirds of a panic attack. my sis was like what?s wrong? and i manage to mutter U2 zoostation. i cant say she wasn?t unimpressed. but it only lasted for like 1 min. best part of the move :) i forgot how good bono is

Bono is just the greatest, times realy does make it sound better i can assure u

Keep going!, i have been listening to oasis and mainly the radio

bye!

Turns out that story is not funny after reading it, seems i am wasting your time :eyebrow:

Last edited:
wow, I had a near miss last night as well, zooshadow. Was watching PBS (public television) and all of the sudden they had this spot for all their shows...basically showing what variety and depth of programming they play, etc. and the montage was set to BD. I was humming along when I realized....:silent:...and quickly switched the channel to a rerun of Cheers. :huh:

btw, this is really pathetic but last night I dreamt that I was thinking U2 songs in my head and I posted that and you were telling me it was against the rules and I was so frustrated cuz I couldn't make them stop. yeah, pathetic. :scream:

rofl, u are one funny girl

U better not be dreaming about U2 anymore! :)

not pathetic just makes me laugh, this is a good thang

luvly company u are

aww, aren't you nice. It's ok, you can call me pathetic. ;) No more U2 dreams so far tho!

*waits by the phone* :lol:

woohoo! two weeks from yesterday, I shall be in London, England. :yes: Wonder if I can survive the flight over without listening to U2. *sings 'I will survive'*

Too late. *bliss* :heart: :heart: :heart:

8 days straight w/o U2. That is my longest stretch in the last 15 years!!!!

Good luck to the rest of you guys.

I rarely listen to U2 anymore. I still love them, but I got burnt out about a year ago and haven't recovered. I have since learned to spread my listening among a wider number of bands to prevent this with other bands, primarily Oasis, Weezer, and Radiohead.

Mother of pearl! EPandAmerica! How could u do that to me?
i feel i have lost a soldier in the trenches, u know what this means it is now harder for me now, knowing that there is one more Personality listening to U2 in the world
*sigh* *sigh again*

So what did u listen to? was it good? did the Massive eight day wait help u appreciate it more?

go sulawesigirl u good thang!, plz stick with me! u will be surprised how much it helps me to know i am not the only one. In my darkest hour when i am sad cos i wana hear Bono i tell my self it is ok, there is some cool chick feeling the same way and it does help

cyall
ps EPandAmerica thanx for joining me, even if it was briefly

sulawesigirl4, are u still not litening? plz say yeah

don't tell me i have been practicing my acent for nothing

"throw another shrimp on the barbie" lol at self lol at self again

latre

yes, zooshadow matey ;) I am still holding out!!! It's not easy and I've had to resort to listening to foreign language tapes in the car, but I am surviving.

I expect a PM from you directly to arrange for accent swapping. :D

*listens to more Doves*

:scream:

Yay! sulawesi one
to tell u the truth, it seems to be getting easier although i had a bad experience. it was my first day back at uni so i was a bit anxious and i was in the car flicking and everlasting love came on and that one second of voice calmed me down no end, i nearly shed a tear.. *sigh*

and a PM is?

cya huny

*listens to radio* *listens to wilco*

A PM would be a Private Message, kind of a cross between an email and an instant message...most of us have that function enabled here on the forum. You however, mr. shadow, seem to have turned it off. :p

I found my U2 pop lemon snowglobe today while cleaning out my car. That was worth about 1 missed song of U2ey happiness. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom