Take That are back... for good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatsnotmypuppy

War Child
So yeah, the reunion tour sold over half a million tickets with 30 arena and 6 stadium dates - but it seems the mighty 90's boy band (man band?) Take That are insisting on supplementing their nostalgia dollars by producing new music!

I can't find a link - but will continue to search - however their new single (first in 11 years) titled 'Patience' is a nice piece of George Michael (not a cover of his song of the same name)/REM lite pop.

A whole album is threatened by Xmas.

Thoughts?

With East 17 and 5ive also reforming - as well as rumours of an imminent unwelcome return by Boyzone - where will it end?

I know where -

WHEN THE MIGHTY LORDS OF POP KNOWN AS NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK WALK AMONGST US MERE MORTALS AGAIN! MWAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I need a lie down. Anyhow. Thoughts?

Take That are fantastic. All the other boybands are just throwaway pop but take that wrote genuinely great pop songs. I went to see them at the Birmingham NEC this year and it was the best gig i've ever been to (this includes U2 :reject: ). I was right at the front and they put lots of effort into making it a good show, it was pretty spectacular.

I've heard their new single. A good song although it does sound more like a gary barlow solo single, he sings pretty much all of it.

Take That :up:

1stepcloser said:
All the other boybands are just throwaway pop but take that wrote genuinely great pop songs.

I have to agree with this somewhat. While Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, 98 Degrees etc. reeked of the 'bubblegum product written by swedish producers' vibe, I always felt Take That had some beautiful pop melodies going. And didn't Gary Barlow write most (or all) of their songs? I don't mind Robbie Williams either. I like his Angels song a lot although he had gone solo at that point. Back For Good, Pray, Babe etc. are quite eurolicious. :wink:

And OMG! East 17 takes me back to MTV in 1993. nostalgia :drool: :reject:

Honestly - 'Love Ain't Here Anymore' and 'Never Forget' will go down as 90's classics - defining moments in euro-pop.

Frankly I am glad the That are back - however Boyzone may be a step too far in this nostalgia rush. Oh yeah - All Saints are back too - I wonder how long until the Spice Girls get their act together and reform??

I hate pop music , rarely does a song come along nevermind a band i like but i love Take That.

:reject:

Garry barlow is such a down to earth guy.

East 17 - sigh. They started off so well... I hope their comeback is more along the lines of 'Steam' and 'Deep' and not 'Stay Another Day'...

I actually really like 'Patience' :shrug:

Gary Barlow looks rather fortysomethingish, but the others look really good in the video.

no use in making a new thread since it's related, but last sunday I saw Robbie Williams in Mexico City and:drool: that man has charisma like few have it, I seen a lot of International Bands/Artists and this man had 60,000 people at the palm of his hands and it's been one of the most fun concerts I've ever been

I've seen both of Robbie's Aussie tours thus far - and both in arena and stadium he just has you from the get-go. How can anyone resist?

Rumour is we'll get a Take That tour next year as well - so it's looking good. U2 and Kylie in November, Robbie in December and TT in early 2007. Poptastic :)

Back
Top Bottom