Take a ride on the 'Festival Express'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fah

Blue Crack Addict
I have just finished watching 'Festival Express' and it was great :up:

It's the true story of a group of concerts that took place in Canada in 1970. A group of promoters got a group of bands together for a group of concerts and then they travelled from show to show via train.

There is footage from the concerts and the train as well as interviews from band members, promoters, press and fans.

The bands and artists include:

The Band
Delaney & Bonnie & Friends
The Flying Burrito Brothers
Grateful Dead
Buddy Guys Blues Band
Ian and Sylvia
Janis Joplin
and a few others...

There are interesting stories including a group of fans who are outraged at the $14 ticket price for the show and what happens when musicians run out of alcohol on the train :wink:

I managed to find it at my local library but it's worth renting just to see Jerry Garcia and Richard Manuel one more time :heart:

Saw it about a month ago on the movie network. What an incredible show! And those dorks protesting outside to let them in for free when it only cost what.. 15 bucks I think it was. For all those names!!! To be on that train, imagine the jam sessions. :drool:

Thanks LMPA ~ you wont be disappointed

And RavenBlue ~ yes, imagine the jam sessions...when you saw it on the movie network was it just the movie or did they show any of the bonus features (extra interviews and making of the movie) ?

Back
Top Bottom