T.O. signs with cowboys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How is it a slap in the face for the Eagles? I doubt TO signed with Dallas specifically to piss off Philadelphia. He did it because Jerry Jones was willing to give him a multi-year deal with no penalties should he fuck up again.

I guess this means I have to go from being a Terrell Owens supporter to a Terrell Owens hater now. :slant:

ETA: Dear God, I can't wait to see what happens the first time the Cowboys play the Eagles... :evil:

DaveC said:
How is it a slap in the face for the Eagles? I doubt TO signed with Dallas specifically to piss off Philadelphia. He did it because Jerry Jones was willing to give him a multi-year deal with no penalties should he fuck up again.

I guess this means I have to go from being a Terrell Owens supporter to a Terrell Owens hater now. :slant:

while i'm sure the money was the deciding factor, as it is with most professional athletes, i don't think it's a stretch to say that playing the eagles twice a season didn't hurt in the negotiations.

i believe i read that TO wanted to play in the NFC east just to play the eagles twice a year. maybe im delusional though

how so? the one thing that bledsoe can do is throw the ball... he throws the ball better than mcnabb (no i'm not saying bledsoe's a better QB than mcnabb at this point in their careers so stop before you start... just saying he has a stronger arm, which he does), and let's remember that TO made jeff garcia look like a pro bowler... and jeff garcia couldn't even replace joey harrington full time. drew bledsoe's #7 on the all time NFL list for passing yards, and one of only 10 men in NFL history to throw for over 40,000 yards... he's not what he once was, but he's certainly no jeff garcia, either.

TO will be great for a year... after that, all bets are off.

:rolleyes: Good - they deserve each other. Wonder how forgiving Cowboys fans will be to the man that blatantly insulted them several years ago with his running to the star at the 50-yard line after scoring against them? I personally hope they & his new teammates rip him a new :silent:. :ohmy: :down:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the hatred for TO makes me laugh... like he's the first professional athlete to have a dispute over money or somethin

:shrug: He's not the first & he certainly won't be the last. :no: And as much as I find him personally distasteful, I can and will readily admit to his talent. But (for me) there's T.O.'s problem: he thinks extraordinary talent alone should give him carte blanche to rule the world. What it appears that he hasn't learned yet is that it takes something else: DISCIPLINE. Not just to stay in shape physically & practice his craft endlessly, but to properly learn how & when to keep.his.mouth.SHUT. :rant:

Anyway, I felt the same way about Keyshawn Johnson... undeniable talent, indisputably unclear on the concept of a "team". :tsk:

Considering I dislike the Cowboys, watching TO rip the organization apart from the inside will be a pleasure.

Back
Top Bottom