System Of A Down - Mezmerize

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2popmofo said:

I think you'd like it. They're both similar yet different enough from each other that they'll keep your interest and completely enterain you.

Does Toxicity have any songs that are lyrically related to Cigaro??
I absolutely canNOT stand that song on the Mezmerize album ... :down:
I believe that's the only song I really think is pretty stupid !! :madspit:

I heard Toxicity last night at work and I must say ...
there are only 3 songs off that album that are even worth listening to !! :ohmy:
The rest of their songs are complete garbage !! :yuck:

IMO, The following songs are the BEST from this album ... :up:

Needles
Toxicity
Aerials

It's surprising to see ... especially because I like most of Mezmerize !! :drool:
Was Toxicity their first album ?? :shrug:
If it was, then that might explain it !! :hmm:

Originally posted by MsMofoGone

Mezmerize dropped down to the No. 11 spot on Billboard's Top 40 Album Chart ... :sad:

How depressing !! :sad:

They're now in the No. 19 spot ... :ohmy: :tsk:
still dropping down further after being in the No. 14 spot two weeks ago ... :( :help:

WOW !! ... I'm not surprised that I found this thread on page 7 of B and C ...
it seems Mezmerize has dropped again on Billboard's Top 40 Album Chart !! :sad:
From last week's spot of No. 21 ... they're now in the No. 29 spot this week !! :ohmy:

I was saying that I'm surprised to see they're dropping down the charts already, as there are times when this album rises up the charts as well ... (like 1 month ago) ...

MsMofoGone said:
There are times when this album rises up the charts as well ...

Exactly my point even now, as Mezmerize was listed on Billboard's Top 40 Album Chart as follows ...

end of 08-06 week ... No. 21
end of 08-13 week ... No. 29 (fell down the chart 8 spots)
end of 08-20 week ... No. 23 (climbed up 6 spots)
end of 08-27 week ... No. 28 (fell again 5 spots)

Actually now, the album is still 1 spot up from 2 weeks ago !! :applaud:
What's rather surprising is ... why did they "climb" so much the week of Aug. 20 and then drop again so quickly the following week ?? :shrug:

:hmm:

Makes no sense ... :tsk: :huh:

MsMofoGone said:

Exactly my point even now, as Mezmerize was listed on Billboard's Top 40 Album Chart as follows ...

end of 08-06 week ... No. 21
end of 08-13 week ... No. 29 (fell down the chart 8 spots)
end of 08-20 week ... No. 23 (climbed up 6 spots)
end of 08-27 week ... No. 28 (fell again 5 spots)

Actually now, the album is still 1 spot up from 2 weeks ago !! :applaud:
What's rather surprising is ... why did they "climb" so much the week of Aug. 20 and then drop again so quickly the following week ?? :shrug:

:hmm:

Makes no sense ... :tsk: :huh:

Numerous reasons. They could be on tour, they could have gotten more airplay that week, and the summer is known not to have too many major releases, so it could have been a slow week. And end of summer coming is when the fall releases start to kick into action, so perhaps something came out on the week where they dropped. And/or perhaps it sucks LOL (I don't know, haven't heard it). I saw part of 1 song they did on SNL and thought they were awful. That's just my opinion...

Lila64 said:

Numerous reasons. They could be on tour, they could have gotten more airplay that week, and the summer is known not to have too many major releases, so it could have been a slow week. And end of summer coming is when the fall releases start to kick into action, so perhaps something came out on the week where they dropped.

Yeah, I understand your points mentioned but, I was just trying to say how it doesn't make sense overall ... since probably everyone who likes this band already owns the album 'Mezmerize'. It should have dropped out of the Top 40 already but, I guess your points that were said could be true since they are now in the No. 23 spot ... which moves them up again from last week's No. 28 position !!

Lila64 said:

And/or perhaps it sucks LOL (I don't know, haven't heard it). I saw part of 1 song they did on SNL and thought they were awful. That's just my opinion...

BTW ... their album 'Mezmerize' doesn't suck ... it's actually pretty good for the most part (only a couple of songs are not very good).

Now, their other album 'Toxicity' ... now, that one I'd agree with you ... :yes:
as that album totaly sucks (couldn't pay me to buy it :wink: )

this is the only heavy metal CD i can listen to...actually SOAD if the only heavy metal band i can listen too i luve there new album

Sad Statue rocks!!!

Back
Top Bottom