Syriana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetitans2k

Refugee
I didnt understand this movie. It was very confusing and It made me feel so stupid. Did any one else feel that way?

Also, whats the deal with the fat George Clooney?

I don't think you're supposed to easily understand it, read Roger Ebert's review :) It made me feel better :wink:

As for fat George, maybe they didn't want him to look as gorgeous as he usually does for purposes of the character-I still thought he did though.

I think it's great when normally attractive actors are willing to set aside all vanity for the good of a project.

I saw this movie yesterday. I kind of felt obliged after reading the new issue of Rollingstone and finding out about the injuries he received during the filming. All I can say is: yuck. :yuck:
(And who was it that said Adam and George are looking kinda similar these days? 'Cause George's picture accompaning the article really made me do a double take. Maybe it's the frowny smile.)

Some movies are easy to sit through. Everything is laid out neatly and it's easy to digest. This is not one of those movies. But then again, the subject it's addressing is not one that's very easy to tell. There's so much intertwined in the politics of oil.

As for why Cloony gained the weight, from what I could gather, the studio wanted 'a name' for the movie but the director didn't want someone who looked like a movie star. So he shaved his hairline and gained weight to fit the image the director was looking for.

thetitans2k said:
I didnt understand this movie. It was very confusing and It made me feel so stupid. Did any one else feel that way?

Also, whats the deal with the fat George Clooney?

Well then you should have sat by me when you went to this movie. They guy behind me was giving his buddy commentary. I have to sshhh him 20 times. Drove me nuts!

Back
Top Bottom