Symphonic Album Mini-Game: Round 6, Heat 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote!

• liamcool

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Supertracklist

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

phanan

Blue Crack Addict
Please vote for the tracklisting you LIKE THE MOST.

Welcome to the second heat of the sixth round of the Symphonic Album Mini-Game. The object of this game is to see which forum member can create the best concept album no longer than 80 minutes.

This heat has liamcool going up against the Supertracklist. Below are the playlists. An update on the standings will be posted after the completion of each round.

If you don't know the songs, or wish to hear how each tracklisting flows, leave your e-mail address and we'll help you out. :)

Forum name: liamcool

1) Opeth - "Benighted" - Still Life (5:00)
2) The Cure - "The Kiss" - Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me (6:14)
3) Genesis - "The Battle Of Epping Forest" - Selling England By The Pound (11:46)
4) The Glove - "Relax" - Blue Sunshine (6:04)
5) Dream Theater - "These Walls" - Octavarium (7:35)
6) Rush - "The Pass" - Presto (4:50)
7) Ultravox - "Cut And Run" - Quartet (4:18)
8) Camel - "Never Let Go" - Camel (6:25)
9) The Sisters Of Mercy - "Alice" - Some Girls Wander By Mistake (3:34)
10) Marillion - "Chelsea Monday" - Script For A Jester's Tear (8:17)

Forum Name: Supertracklist

pic

Tracklist Title: Just One Victory

I want to dedicate this playlist to someone on the board who is one of the bravest and kindest people I have ever met. I also want to dedicate it to everyone who has had a family member deal with alcoholism. It is a terrible disease. My thoughts are with everyone on Interference who has been affected by it. :hug:

This is a story about forgiveness, family and love. This is a story of a man trying to get that one victory over his alcoholism with the help of his daughter. It is surreal and symbolic. The song by song explanation can be found in the LJ entry. http://screwtape2.livejournal.com/9240.html

Embracing on a broken life. A victory that comes with a price. A life without fire and passion...is not worth living. Kill yourself before receiving...something out of all this screaming. Together lifeless creatures shall survive.

It's only human to die. A daughter without a father is dry. So in water let flames arise. It's only human to never rise...when one drowns the others shall die. So it is only human to take the dive. There will be no one left alive...if a daughter does not give her life. If a daughter does not give her life than it's murder. A father must see a human through the spirits that flow and survive. It's only human to learn through the pain of our children. Through the pain of a scarred daughter. Through the last breath in water...

1. Angelo Badalamenti - "Laura Palmer's Theme" -Twin Peaks (4:52)
2. The Smiths - "Meat Is Murder" - Meat Is Murder (6:07)
3. Blam Blam Blam - "There Is No Depression In New Zealand' - It's Bigger Than Both Of Us - NZ singles 1979-82 - Part 1 (3:18)
4. Cynic - "Veil of Maya [2004 Remix]" - Focus (5:21)
5. Utopia - "Freak Parade" - Todd Rundgren's Utopia (10:28)
6. REM - "Find The River" - Automatic For The People (3:49)
7. Orphaned Land - "Ocean Land (The Revelation)" - Mabool (The Story of the Three Sons of Seven) (4:43)
8. Pink Floyd - "The Niles Song" - More (3:26)
9. Peter Gabriel - "Intruder" - Melt (4:53)
10. Tori Amos - "Silent All These Years" - Little Earthquakes (4:11)
11. Aimee Mann - "Choice In The Matter" - I'm With Stupid (3:13)
12. Kate Bush - "Get Out Of My House" - The Dreaming (5:25)
13. Ennio Morricone - "Trio" - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly (5:03)
14. U2 - "Bad" - The Unforgettable Fire (6:09)
15. Todd Rundgren - "Don't You Ever Learn?" - Todd (6:06)

Total Time: 1:17:04

UP NEXT: LemonMacPhisto vs. LemonMelon

Competition master list.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom