Sympathy for the Devil (Neptunes remix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indifferent. It's alright, but not all that groundbreaking.

The video is kinda stupid.

I'm sorry,
the video sucks....
but....

I love the remix!!
it fuckin' rocks!!!!
:heart: :love:

I love the Stones.
I love the Neptunes.
this is heaven for me.

Hello,

I was pleasantly surprised by this remix. It's a cool remix, they didn't just go with the beats, but made something more of it. I love the part at the end with the acoustic guitar, it has such an impact!
As for the video, it faithfully visualises what the song is about.

Speaking of the devil... :D
I saw the Stones perform last night! Yep, they played here (or rather in Amsterdam). It was a good show. As they're going on 60 the voices of Mick and Keith aren't really good anymore. But they had enough pyrotechnics (sometimes literally) to keep me interested. No, they won't make my top 4 list of this year to date (Bruce Springsteen, REM, Coldplay, Solomon Burke) and with 5 concerts ahead (Admiral Freebie, Elvis Costello, Daniel Lanois, Bob Dylan and Emmylou Harris) I don't think they even make the top 5 (or 7). Still, I think this really was the last time I saw them live and I'm glad I went.
But even my father noticed that I didn't dance/jump as much as with U2. That should say enough on this board... :wink:

C ya!

Marty (who's still doubting whether or not to buy the single of the remix)

shaun vox said:
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

yeh lets get a great rock&roll song and put a beat box on it and push some nobs and we got a hit.

And a hit it is again. Here in the Netherlands the Stones have a top 10 hit with the new remix, surpassing the highest position of the original version (#13 in 1973). It's also their biggest hit since Like A Rolling Stone in 1995 (#10 for 1 week). It's not the highest position of Sympathy For The Devil though, since the Guns 'n Roses cover (talk about pushing some knobs and leaving rock 'n roll alone... :tongue: ) reached #9.
The Stones do have a new record now. With their average age of 59 1/2 years they are the oldest act ever to reach the Dutch top 10.

C ya!

Marty (who probably will buy the single)

so are you saying you do not like GUNS N ROSES cover of SFTD.

slash does a great job on the guitars and all orignal.
now im going to listen to gnr,s cover of sftd.
slash_ani.gif

now that is rockNroll not this new bull turd.

Last edited:
shaun vox said:
so are you saying you do not like GUNS N ROSES cover of SFTD.

slash does a great job on the guitars and all orignal.
now im going to listen to gnr,s cover of sftd.
slash_ani.gif

now that is rockNroll not this new bull turd.

I'm not saying I don't like their cover. But it is a cover that's fairly similar to the original. So why is that more rock 'n roll than the Neptunes remix?

Besides, :tongue: !

:p

Marty

sympathy for the devil isn't that great a song in my opinion

those damned 'woo woos' can drive you up the wall

i still need to hear the remix though

and i think the idea is fabulous

yertle-the-turtle said:
sympathy for the devil isn't that great a song in my opinion

Oh yes it is! :angry:
It is a great song. And I considered is a truly evil song too. :evil: It's good to be bad.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom