Sympathy for the Devil (Neptunes remix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
good

well speaking of remixing classic songs

have you heard the paul oakenfold remix of elvis' 'rubberneckin'? i like it but i don't think it's as great as jxl's remix last year.

Popmartijn said:
Oh yes it is! :angry:
It is a great song. And I considered is a truly evil song too. :evil: It's good to be bad.

C ya!

Marty

It is an evil little song, isn't it? Even freakier when you realize that that's the song that the Stones were playing when that kid was being killed at Altamont.

I love that song. I think the thing I particularly like about it is the lyrics...very interesting way of looking at the events mentioned in the song.

But if someone doesn't care for it...*shrugs*. Whatever. They've got reasons.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
It is an evil little song, isn't it? Even freakier when you realize that that's the song that the Stones were playing when that kid was being killed at Altamont.

I hate to debunk a myth here, but that wasn't the song the Stones were playing during the incident. The actual song they were playing at that moment was Under My Thumb. I saw the movie Gimmie Shelter a few months ago. Wow, talk about an anticlimax for the band (regarding the whole situation, not regarding the documentary).

I love that song. I think the thing I particularly like about it is the lyrics...very interesting way of looking at the events mentioned in the song.

Yeah, that's why I said it is an evil song. It's not just the fact that it's sung from the perspective of the devil, but also the indifference to the horrible events described.
That's why I also like the Neptunes remix of the song. They don't go over the top with it. By keeping the instrumentation restrained it has much more power.

C ya!

Marty

as some of you might know im a huge stones fan. i like the remix, but i havent heard anyone of you discuss the best thing of the single: the original version is in dolby 5.1 format!!!! fanfabulatastic to be surrounded by the whoohoos while hearing the guitar solo from another speaker. great work.

btw i have a hunch why noone ha mentioned this: somehow they havent advertised the 5.1 format on the single itself...?!!

Popmartijn said:
I hate to debunk a myth here, but that wasn't the song the Stones were playing during the incident. The actual song they were playing at that moment was Under My Thumb. I saw the movie Gimmie Shelter a few months ago. Wow, talk about an anticlimax for the band (regarding the whole situation, not regarding the documentary).

Oh, really?

Thanks for correcting me.

I've never seen that movie, so...I'd just been told that that song was playing during the killing. But thanks for setting it straight.

Originally posted by Popmartijn
Yeah, that's why I said it is an evil song. It's not just the fact that it's sung from the perspective of the devil, but also the indifference to the horrible events described.

Mmhm.

Originally posted by Popmartijn
That's why I also like the Neptunes remix of the song. They don't go over the top with it. By keeping the instrumentation restrained it has much more power.

C ya!

Marty

I'll have to download this remix.

I'll go do that in a few minutes.

Angela

I think the video is the worst thing I have ever seen in my life. But I do like the remix. You're right, Flaming Friar, the original sounds great. I like the acoustic bit at the end, too.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom