Swingers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
In appreciation of S|aney's Dean Martin thread...why is Swingers such an underappreciated movie? What maybe impressed me more than anything was that Jon Favreau--the stoned idiot from "PCU"--actually wrote the screenplay, and it's a *great* story. Particularly an important film for the ladies to watch. It uncovers all the guys' dirty secrets.
wink.gif

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Great movie.. I must see it again.

SWINGERSAREPR.JPG

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

i absolutely love that movie.
biggrin.gif

i recently saw made. it was funny too - not as good as swingers - but still pretty entertaining. vince vaughn and jon favreau are always hilarious together.

Vince Vaughan and Jon Favreau are both great in their own right, but you are correct--together they're rivaled perhaps only by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon in Dogma. Or by Jay and Silent Bob in general.

Haven't seen Made yet. How was it?

Oh, for any Office Space fans--Ron Livingston (Peter) is also in Swingers, as an unemployed actor.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

made is pretty good - i'd recommend seeing it if for no other reason that to laugh at the vince/jon act. vince's character is such a moron it's unbelievable. he's a crack up. even my mom thought he was hilarious. and hey, p. diddy is in it so you can't beat that.
wink.gif

Just watched it again last night with a lady friend of mine. She had never seen it and she loved it. She laughed all the way through. I've seen it five times and it still makes me laugh.

So, what car do you drive?

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Back
Top Bottom